OSCAR McDONALD

picket fence

2 hours ago, Chris said:

The only thing i would have liked to see Oscar do on the weekend that he didn't was in the passage of play where he invented the field dribble pass. I would have loved him to keep running, get to 50 and nail the goal. He had the room but I think lacked the confidence. Hopefully that will come. 

If he had done that though we wouldn't all have had a great laugh and seen the invention of a new pass!

watching the replay, when he got the ball back for the second time (just before the dribble) he clearly didn't want it back, didn't ask for it  and looked spent 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

watching the replay, when he got the ball back for the second time (just before the dribble) he clearly didn't want it back, didn't ask for it  and looked spent 

Agreed entirely, but it still would have been great to see.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Axis of Bob said:

That isn't what you originally said.

Otherwise you wouldn't have gone back and changed all your posts.

You are a goose by me saying " fair enough" you are entitled to your opinions regarding credibility, or anything else you want to throw at me. I couldn't give a Toss!

I will continue to do and post, delete, modify as I please!

What are you a psychoanaylist! 

You worry about your own backyard my friend and let me worry about my own.

I'll say it again Oscar is slow and in my opinion is not up to it! He has, however played better in the last two games thank heavens for that! That is my opinion! 

Edited by picket fence

6 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I'll say it again Oscar is slow and in my opinion is not up to it! He has, however played better in the last two games thank heavens for that! That is my opinion! 

How many key position defenders, picked around pick 50 are immediately "up to it". 

Whilst I agree he is not yet at a standard where he is playing at an AFL level 100% of the time, he is still doing more than enough to warrant his spot in the side based on his improvement alone. Not to mention his competition (Dunn) has looked atrocious at AFL level this year

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

You've recently edited your op picket. Taken out all the vitriolic bagging of OMac that you wrote. Seems you've had a change of heart.

Nice back pedalling buddy.

Thats [censored] poor form by Pickett if true.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

You are a goose by me saying " fair enough" you are entitled to your opinions regarding credibility, or anything else you want to throw at me. I couldn't give a Toss!

What are you a psychoanalist

That's a new one, thought living in the Fitzroy/Collingwood area I knew all the names used

• Like 3

3 hours ago, picket fence said:

What are you a psychoanaylist

Gold! I love that you went back after 2 hours and edited a post about how you didn't care what people thought .... in order to correct a spelling mistake that someone poked fun you about. And you still misspelt it!

And in a thread talking about how you disingenuously deleted and edited your posts after the fact!!

It feels like an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm!

Also, I am quoting your post here just in case you delete it or edit it again.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Thats [censored] poor form by Pickett if true.

Got back to the first page of this thread - look at his OP and look at what I quoted a few posts down.  Two totally different posts.  He had a huge crack at Oscar and has now edited it to make sure he doesn't look as bad.

It's a shame he can't edit my quoted post.  

• Like 9

Absolutely gutless and pathetic by Picket Fence. 

For someone so opinionated and know-it-all to then go back and edit and delete, rather than let what you believed at the time be, is as low as you can get as a poster. 

[censored] weak. 

Yet I'm not surprised. 

Credibility zero. 

Edited by Deestroy All
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, Axis of Bob said:

Gold! I love that you went back after 2 hours and edited a post about how you didn't care what people thought .... in order to correct a spelling mistake that someone poked fun you about. And you still misspelt it!

And in a thread talking about how you disingenuously deleted and edited your posts after the fact!!

It feels like an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm!

Also, I am quoting your post here just in case you delete it or edit it again.

Yeah well we all have weaknesses Smartarse! I don't claim to be perfect. Just love the way you and nosebleed, I mean Wiseblood think you are the most articulate and well recieved posters on Demonland! 

Keep em coming Champ! You obviously know your footy! Probably played a fair bit by the sound of things!?? I can just imagine you and wiseone sharing many a pat on your own backs just loving the finest in journalism every time you type! Yep just perfect perfect posts always correct of course what else would we expect! 

Ah deestroy all how nice of you to join in, with your vitriol and candour! 

Now where were we Oh I see Oscar Mc, IMO not up to it and too slow! Just my opinion, again!

Edited by picket fence

Oscar is doing pretty well for a 19 year old kid playing his first year in a key position in a very inexperienced side. 

He will make mistakes and will cop criticism but if they stick with him he will repay the faith, he will be a good player for the Melbourne Footy Club. 

Hey Picket, aren't you the one who thought that Juice was the best Forward we'd ever had? Nice judgement there. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Yeah well we all have weaknesses Smartarse! I don't claim to be perfect. Just love the way you and nosebleed, I mean Wiseblood think you are the most articulate and well recieved posters on Demonland! 

Keep em coming Champ! You obviously know your footy! Probably played a fair bit by the sound of things!?? I can just imagine you and wiseone sharing many a pat on your own backs just loving the finest in journalism every time you type! Yep just perfect perfect posts always correct of course what else would we expect! 

Ah deestroy all how nice of you to join in, with your vitriol and candour! 

Now where were we Oh I see Oscar Mc, IMO not up to it and too slow! Just my opinion, again!

You form an opinion, you put it out there and if it turns out you want to change that opinion you just say so, don't try to cover it up, it's only a footy forum for Chtist's sake. We all change our opinion from time to time just cop it sweet and move on. 

You've crucufied this kid from day dot, he's 19, give him and us a break, we know what you think of him so there's no need to keep posting it all the time. 

Go to the Clarry Choo Choo thread and dine out on that for a while. 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

Absolutely gutless and pathetic by Picket Fence. 

For someone so opinionated and know-it-all to then go back and edit and delete, rather than let what you believed at the time be, is as low as you can get as a poster. 

[censored] weak. 

Yet I'm not surprised. 

Credibility zero. 

Agreed its a very low act.

Countless of times i have been wrong on players and written them off only to put on a stack of kilos because of the humble pie i have eaten. I'm always the first to put my hand too.

Nothing wrong with being gracious in defeat Pickett.

Ps Oscar has actually been very solid and important the last 2 weeks. He is composed and uses it well. Another player i wanted to banish to the VFL.. glad he is proving me wrong. Keep it up Oscar!

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 3

He's starting to become very good in space even if he's bad in close still. 

His work rate is high and it stands out. Skills are getting better. 

1 or 2 errors per game in concentration and 1 or 2 per game where he just needs to get more physical. The concentration should come and given his age and body type he's deserving of some benefit of the doubt when it comes to his physical play. A few kilos of muscle and then some really good contested marking/spoiling training could go a long way to fixing it over the summer. 

• Like 3

the club has decided to fast track oscar's development by getting games into him because we have a desperate need for tall key position players, and, they obviously see potential in him

in a perfect situation he'd probably have spent another year developing at casey

so of course you'd expect basic errors/deficiencies in someone so young playing in a key position, but already you can see the strategy starting to pay dividends.

a good preseason and plenty of weights and we can hopefully see the fruits of accelerated development in 2017

• Like 6

Oscar is so far off his physical peak it's not funny, so I think there's a fair bit to be hopeful about. I'm still not entirely sold, but I'm far from writing off a KPD at his age! If other guys on the list were playing decent footy he'd still be learning his craft at Casey.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Agreed its a very low act.

Countless of times i have been wrong on players and written them off only to put on a stack of kilos because of the humble pie i have eaten. I'm always the first to put my hand too.

Nothing wrong with being gracious in defeat Pickett.

Ps Oscar has actually been very solid and important the last 2 weeks. He is composed and uses it well. Another player i wanted to banish to the VFL.. glad he is proving me wrong. Keep it up Oscar!

Maybe picketfence can redeem himself his doubts and criticism (as ProDee graciously did with Jack Watts) when Oscar has his breakout season and agree to change his avatar to Oscar.  I am happy to volunteer to choose one. 

I can guarantee it won't take 7 years for picket's new avatar to be needed!!!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

I am not convinced by OMac. Can see that they are trying to get games into him and he does some good things. Will he make it? Can we glimpse what the OMac of the future might look like. Too early to tell but....

1. His body on body skills aren't good. Definitely needs 12-14kgs as soon as possible...(he should try my diet)

2. His urgency is non-existent and he ambles to contests. Fails to kill contests too often.

3. His dinky 2m handballs to someone in a worse position or stationary are terrible. In fact when the ball is in close he is a liability.

4. His kick that dribbled across the ground was appalling. It was lucky it was a goal. (Sure he is not alone, Frost and Garlett both did similar dribbles).

5. He gets wrong sided too often which to me suggests he lacks footy 'smarts'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Maybe picketfence can redeem himself his doubts and criticism (as ProDee graciously did with Jack Watts) when Oscar has his breakout season and agree to change his avatar to Oscar.  I am happy to volunteer to choose one. 

I can guarantee it won't take 7 years for picket's new avatar to be needed!!!

You are ON!

• Like 1

Clearly every kid we have on the list is not going to make it, but this kid is improving, week by week. 

More physical development and game development, together with the confidence that regular games give, could see him become the player we all want him to be.

• Like 1

OMaC might be young, but he looks like a very flexible defender, physically. Reminds me of Jake Carlisle. TMac's body bulk and physical presence is his strength, but in terms of his disposal and flexibility to make a quick decision and have his body respond, it's his weakness. I think Omac's potential is actually in what some perceive to be his weakness, his lanky skinniness. OMac just needs to go and get some tats, do some gym work and come back looking like a ferocious and muscley junky. He could become a very fast thinking everywhere-defender that throws his inspector gadget arms at every ball. Tmac and Omac should be stoppers. The other 4 should be the ones we use to run it out of defence. Jetta has to be a stopper and a disposer or he might become depth. 

Edited by johndemons

28 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I am not convinced by OMac. Can see that they are trying to get games into him and he does some good things. Will he make it? Can we glimpse what the OMac of the future might look like. Too early to tell but....

1. His body on body skills aren't good. Definitely needs 12-14kgs as soon as possible...(he should try my diet)

2. His urgency is non-existent and he ambles to contests. Fails to kill contests too often.

3. His dinky 2m handballs to someone in a worse position or stationary are terrible. In fact when the ball is in close he is a liability.

4. His kick that dribbled across the ground was appalling. It was lucky it was a goal. (Sure he is not alone, Frost and Garlett both did similar dribbles).

5. He gets wrong sided too often which to me suggests he lacks footy 'smarts'

This one is a one off in a list of criticisms about ongoing capability. You can probably leave it off the list, really.

22 minutes ago, Undeeterred said:

This one is a one off in a list of criticisms about ongoing capability. You can probably leave it off the list, really.

That missed kick was shocking, but he was so fatigued he never even wanted the ball. One thing about Oscar, his kicking action looks solid and he will become a very reliable kick with some work and maturity.

• Like 2