The 2017 Membership Thread

Dee Dee

10 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

All I can see is a longer queue at the bar.

I would've picked you as someone to smuggle in a hip flask of fire water.

I'm a little disappointed.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Hint is to join/rejoin in 2016 not in the last few days.

My package was received ages ago and my brother and I (both longtime members) are taking our father (who only let his membership lapse this year) to the ground Sunday to celebrate his 92nd birthday by watching a Dees victory over Carlton! 

I did join last year but was on a country 5 game membership, I upgraded to an 11 game reserve seat membership on Monday as I want to sit with family members, will ring the club tommorow see what they can do 

• Like 2

I think the club should spruik using past players and somebody like Robbo at both memebersip tents. Particularly in the MCC members area where it would be relatively easy to up grade MCC members with a $79 joint membership. Needs some subtle pressure is all and we could get a few thousand in one hit .

Hope the club thinks about it

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Shiraz doesn't breathe well in a flask Steve.

I've always found that they're far too small to be practical for myself.

14 hours ago, brendan said:

I bought a reserved seat membership but obviously I won't have my card before Sunday, I got an email today with a ticket to print off so I can go Sunday but the ticket is just general admission doesn't have section or my seat number on it is that normal, I would like to sit in the seat I paid for 

They wouldn't be able to issue a ticket with your seat on it as it's allocated to your membership. Check in at the match day office near gate 3, they ought to help you out with something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Watts2Hogan said:

They wouldn't be able to issue a ticket with your seat on it as it's allocated to your membership. Check in at the match day office near gate 3, they ought to help you out with something.

Yea rang them today they said to see them on the day, can't give me my seat but can get me into the area so I can sit there anyway 

Does anyone know how many members you could reasonably expect to add today, at our first home game, based on past figures?

We are clearly getting very close to breaking 40000 for the first time.

Together with good on field performance and stability off field, that would be a great result.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Does anyone know how many members you could reasonably expect to add today, at our first home game, based on past figures?

We are clearly getting very close to breaking 40000 for the first time.

Together with good on field performance and stability off field, that would be a great result.

It appears to average around 400-500 in the week after.  If we win and the membership tent is still open after the game or people sign up on their devices after the game/at home tonight/this week our membership office will be busy. 

The big boost to memberships will be if we beat Carlton and Geelong at Etihad next week.  Those two teams embarrassed us in rnds 22/23 last year and have been nemesis teams . 

Then would expect substantial membership numbers to follow leading up to Easter.  My tip is still to reach 40,000 by our ANZAC Eve game. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

On 31/03/2017 at 10:55 AM, McQueen said:

I've always found that they're far too small to be practical for myself.

1. Empty goon sack.2 litre or 4 litre.

2.Unscrew tap from goon sack.

3.Fill with desired beverage.

4.Gently place sack down front of pants.Hold in place with belt.

5. Drink immoderately all day.

6.Get arrested/wake up in a park.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

It appears to average around 400-500 in the week after.  If we win and the membership tent is still open after the game or people sign up on their devices after the game/at home tonight/this week our membership office will be busy. 

The big boost to memberships will be if we beat Carlton and Geelong at Etihad next week.  Those two teams embarrassed us in rnds 22/23 last year and have been nemesis teams . 

Then would expect substantial membership numbers to follow leading up to Easter.  My tip is still to reach 40,000 by our ANZAC Eve game. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

30 Minutes before the game there was a long line at the membership shed.

I have never seen that before, it will be interesting to see how many signed up this week.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, old dee said:

30 Minutes before the game there was a long line at the membership shed.

I have never seen that before, it will be interesting to see how many signed up this week.

there were multiple mfc tents around the ground

the one at gate 3,  10 mins before game start still had a queue of 80 people plus those inside the tent (about 10) and the queue was moving reasonably fast

I expect they signed up big numbers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Biffen said:

1. Empty goon sack.2 litre or 4 litre.

2.Unscrew tap from goon sack.

3.Fill with desired beverage.

4.Gently place sack down front of pants.Hold in place with belt.

5. Drink immoderately all day.

6.Get arrested/wake up in a park.

This is an excellent plan, Biff. I take my hat off to you. The only addition I would make is to rig a two way system so you could have fluid in/ fluid out back into the empty bag. Save trips to the bathroom.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

This is an excellent plan, Biff. I take my hat off to you. The only addition I would make is to rig a two way system so you could have fluid in/ fluid out back into the empty bag. Save trips to the bathroom.

Good idea.

I'm always looking for new ways to take the P.

45 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

the one at gate 3,  10 mins before game start still had a queue of 80 people plus those inside the tent (about 10) and the queue was moving reasonably fast

That was the one I saw dc. No way a lot of those people made the start of the game.

a mcc/mfc member here 

paid today and rather than the $79 package i wanted to add the standard MFC pack when I paid my mcc today $165 option which gets u guest pass for 3 games selected rounds only. Apparently they only offer that before round 1 yet I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere on site or mcc form.bit annoyed by that! 

• Like 2

Again my wayward interstate brothers fail to sign up, I have corrected their omission. My bet is we get to the 37800 today easily. (no I dont have 70 brothers)

15 hours ago, daisycutter said:

Majority are collecting scarves thus it was moving quickly, signup takes 5 minutes minimum per person but I reckon we would have had plenty signup y`day.

That is 392 since Friday night. 

I would say there would be plenty more from yesterday coming through in the next few days as the membership team processes them. 

And as I noted above beat Geelong on Saturday and that will be quite a flip upward!

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

That is 392 since Friday night. 

I would say there would be plenty more from yesterday coming through in the next few days as the membership team processes them. 

And as I noted above beat Geelong on Saturday and that will be quite a flip upward!

Think we just leapfrogged the Saints in membership numbers too.

• Like 3