• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Around The Grounds - Round 19

Ethan Tremblay

3 hours ago, Return to Glory said:

I hate Geelong. I hate the supporters. I hate the players. I hate the ground. I'm shaky on the town.

Apparently the water slide is good for the kids.

The meth there is high quality too judging by the rare stupidity of the crimes shown on TV.

I know you are not a Lingy fan but him and the Mayor are considered intelligentsia up there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johndemons said:

He's improved this year. Stayed on topic, hasn't made too many big bonar brown name changes or poofter gaffes. 

Agree actually. And normally i hate him as a caller.

Tonight was the best call i have heard from him. Perhaps it was because he was calling with Cometti and felt, rightfully, he needed to show some respect and tone things down.

As a side note Cometti was brilliant tonight and actually much better without Bwooce. In my humble Commeti is the best TV caller i have ever heard. Smart as a whip, has a great voice, funny (in a sharp witted good way) and really knows his footy. But most of all knows how to call football. Will be a huge loss when he retires - not just because of how good he is is but also because there is no one else to fill his spot.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, hemingway said:

Cats such an arrogant mob. Take Danger out of the side and they would be ordinary. Let alone the advantage of a lock in crowd at sleepy hollow. What else would they do. Not read the Vedas, the Torahs, Tolstoy or Hemingway. Dangerfield or Stringer is all we need. Let me go to sleep and dream.

We usually shut Danger out of it too. If we can manage Selwood and bring our A game, we'll beat Geelong again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

We usually shut Danger out of it too. If we can manage Selwood and bring our A game, we'll beat Geelong again.

One Libba went down Dangerflop came into the game and the tide finally turned. If you can shut him down for large periods and limit his damage in fwd half you go a long way to beating them.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

They'll towel up our defence and their third man up will mark the ball whenever we bomb it long. It would be amazing to knock them off, and so soul crushing for the home crowd, but realistically they'll be playing for a home final vs adelaide and will probably win. I haven't given up, but at least take some solace in this being a saturday game after adelaide have played and they will most likely have to beat us by a certain margin to get a home final v Adelaide. They might have to beat us by anywhere between 20 and 60 points. If a loss is likely, let's hope our boys play to the final siren knowing they can send the Cats to an away final v adelaide or even sydney or gws and an extremely unlikely tilt at a premiership.

This is according to my ladder predictor and the standard predictions. (Go crows!)

Edited by johndemons

Large parts of that game last night were so reminiscent of our game last week against the Weagles.  The Doggies constantly bombarded the forward 50 for no result.  Then, the Cats just strolled down the other end for an easy goal.  So frustrating!  Really felt for the Doggies, and SOOO wanted them to get up.  Wasn't to be.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, hemingway said:

Cats and Hawks are on a par. Arrogant. Full of their own invincibility and their own reality bubble. The end is near. Lingy such a [censored]. No wider view of life.

Jeez I wish we were on par with both at them just at the moment, would take a bit of arrogance and invincibility, Bulldogs threw everything at Geelong last night and they withstood, took advantage of the Libba injury and won

• Like 2

Even though Geelong barely won the game against a severely injury depleted Dogs, they are simply uninspiring and will provide no challenge to Hawthorn in the finals.

Bartel is finished, can barely run or kick anymore.  It's easy when you get parked on a forward flank all game. Hawkins can only get 2 kicks a game off his own bat.  Guthrie turns the ball over at most opportunities.  Mackie likewise.  Selwood looks injured.  Cockatoo just filling in the numbers. 

They have some seriously damaging big men in Stanley, Bliclavs and Smith who can all take a mark, and some ageing yet still valuable defenders in Taylor and Lonergan.  They must thank the gods for Dangerfield, because they wouldn't be playing finals this year without him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Jeez I wish we were on par with both at them just at the moment, would take a bit of arrogance and invincibility, Bulldogs threw everything at Geelong last night and they withstood, took advantage of the Libba injury and won

It was a good game to watch, would have been better if Libba and McRae had not have been injured.

I think the dogs would have got them but we will never know.

The Cats have a bit of the down hill skiers about them, I thought they were a bit rattled by the Dogs relentless attack on them earlier and the frustration was shown by a pretty average tackle by Duncan after the whistle on Daniel.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Biffen said:

Apparently the water slide is good for the kids.

The meth there is high quality too judging by the rare stupidity of the crimes shown on TV.

I know you are not a Lingy fan but him and the Mayor are considered intelligentsia up there.

Down there ! FFS!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Even though Geelong barely won the game against a severely injury depleted Dogs, they are simply uninspiring and will provide no challenge to Hawthorn in the finals.

Bartel is finished, can barely run or kick anymore.  It's easy when you get parked on a forward flank all game. Hawkins can only get 2 kicks a game off his own bat.  Guthrie turns the ball over at most opportunities.  Mackie likewise.  Selwood looks injured.  Cockatoo just filling in the numbers. 

They have some seriously damaging big men in Stanley, Bliclavs and Smith who can all take a mark, and some ageing yet still valuable defenders in Taylor and Lonergan.  They must thank the gods for Dangerfield, because they wouldn't be playing finals this year without him.

I know stats can be misleading last night  Bartel 25 disp 11 contested disp eff 84% 2 clearances 4 inside 50's 1 goal 1 behind..not a bad game for an old man

Has there ever been two bigger umpire whingers as Coaches, than the Scott twins. Chris rails at every free against the Cats and when they are shown to be correct on TV, it just makes him look even more pathetic.

As ex players you would think they would be more controlled.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Return to Glory said:

That last free against Hunter was a joke

Kneed in the head and called for holding the ball (with help from the geelong numpty that was actually holding it) That bald umpire always wants to impose himself on the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

I know stats can be misleading last night  Bartel 25 disp 11 contested disp eff 84% 2 clearances 4 inside 50's 1 goal 1 behind..not a bad game for an old man

I hate Bartel... I had picked a winning margin of 19 points in my Demonland tipping and he goes and ruins it with that last minute goal!

Just now, hardtack said:

I hate Bartel... I had picked a winning margin of 19 points in my Demonland tipping and he goes and ruins it with that last minute goal!

ARRRGGGHHH, me too! I'm coming 3rd in the work tipping - only by %. If he hadn't of kicked that goal I'd be 1st! :/

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

Has there ever been two bigger umpire whingers as Coaches, than the Scott twins. Chris rails at every free against the Cats and when they are shown to be correct on TV, it just makes him look even more pathetic.

As ex players you would think they would be more controlled.

I don't know RL......Just visit DL on any thread........Even "Around the grounds" thread there is constant umpire bashings.

41 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

ARRRGGGHHH, me too! I'm coming 3rd in the work tipping - only by %. If he hadn't of kicked that goal I'd be 1st! :/

Well i was very happy he kicked it. Backed catscat the line of 22.5. Couldnt believe they turned it over and gifted boyd a goal and thought i was cooked with only 38 seconds to go. Top job jimmy

24 minutes ago, Bossdog said:

I don't know RL......Just visit DL on any thread........Even "Around the grounds" thread there is constant umpire bashings.

yes BD, but we are not coaches.   Coaches should behave better than supporters.  Or would you have them screaming BALL every time an opponent is tackled? 

Edited by sue

1 hour ago, Bossdog said:

I don't think though there are too many AFL Coaches on DL.

Just now, Deemented Are Go! said:

now $101!!!

Tigers are terrible.  Jono Brown was trying to argue in the HUN today that they don't need to sack Dimma or make big changes at season's end.  He's kidding himself.  They have a few good players and the rest are in the average to rubbish region.  

• Like 3