• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Michael Hibberd and Michael Hurley

P-man

14 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

I get the feeling any chance to get Hurley would result in trading out T-Mac for an early first rounder, to get us back into the first round of a very promising draft.

We shoudn't have to trade. To my understanding all the banned Essendon players can opt to leave and become free agents due to the club breaching their contract for not providing a safe work environment (Dons recieved the two highest fines possible from WorkSafe).

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

"very frustrated????......wtf!!! my god their arrogance makes me want to vomit. Are we becoming "very  frustrated" that Fremantle are chasing Hogan?? Like they dont have a right?? We want him to sign...we're frustrated with HIM but EVERY team will be chasing him until he signs why the hell should it be diff for them. Hands off because we're holy??? I hate that team I really do...they epitomise everything I detest 

Edited by Wells 11
  • Like 1

They're getting very frustrated at the Dees chasing a couple of players who are currently missing a year because they injected them with illegal supplements and tried to cover the whole thing from them, i am shocked any of those 12 players signed on. 

I don't think we could get a trade done for both, we'd have to get them as DFA's and the AFL will imo seriously discourage them from taking that course of action.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, ignition. said:

We shoudn't have to trade. To my understanding all the banned Essendon players can opt to leave and become free agents due to the club breaching their contract for not providing a safe work environment (Dons recieved the two highest fines possible from WorkSafe).

Spot on. That would be a fantastic result for us, but would it happen? Would be a controversial move, that's for sure.

50 minutes ago, ignition. said:

I didn't say we'd directly trade T-Mac for Hurley; rather, securing Hurley would allow us to auction off T-Mac to a club like Sydney in exchange for very high currency (to get another Oliver/Weideman/Petracca/Brayshaw type in a first round we're currently absent from).

We will find another way to get Hurley, whether via the breach of contract route or otherwise. Dodoro's his own worst enemy now because clubs won't waste their time with his nonsense, especially after the spectacular stuff-up by the Saints last year. They were stupid enough to blink over Dodoro's Hawthorn bluff and pay ridiculous overs for an overrated swingman with attitude problems, who now sits on the sidelines for a year. Not to mention his illicit drugs antics; the guy's not the brightest bulb in town.

And all one year after they famously went to the draft to secure their young key forward for a generation; why on earth wouldn't you pair him with Francis in the next draft and set up your spine for 12-15 years?

Edited by SaberFang

52 minutes ago, Abe said:

They're getting very frustrated at the Dees chasing a couple of players who are currently missing a year because they injected them with illegal supplements and tried to cover the whole thing from them, i am shocked any of those 12 players signed on. 

I don't think we could get a trade done for both, we'd have to get them as DFA's and the AFL will imo seriously discourage them from taking that course of action.

why? the afl is already gifting them the no1 draft pick (due to lack of foresight)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Tom Browne just said that Essendon are getting very frustrated with the demons who are aggressively chasing both Hibberd and Hurley...

Giddy up Dee supporters!

Karma on a couple of levels at least; how Essendon have treated their players (Hal Hunter in particular) and other clubs at the trade table.

Would be great to pick these two up as DFA.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Abe said:

Probably True...Collingwood could get it done. But I doubt we could. Still, seems to me there's a window and Im 100% sure we aint the only ones looking thru it. We must be a chance to keep being mentioned.  If the shoe was on the other foot....the bombers, led by sheedy, would be saying " ohhh the poor players need a hand , been through so much, we've got the culture and support they need after being so badly burnt by an inept club. Thats exactly WHY these  rules are there to protect the players etc etc etc " 

• Like 3

Remember when the dirty drug cheat club beat us by 148 points when their whole team was drugged up to the eyeballs?

Now they complain when we try to poach their players. They should be given to us for free by the AFL. [censored] Essendon.

• Like 3

More to the point, anyone who has watched us closely this year will understand that Hibberd and Hurley are EXACTLY the two players that we need to help push this team forward.  We are crying out for run, polish and smart decision making off half-back - that's one of the reasons why Hunt stands out like dog's b@lls in our team with his electrifying pace.  T Mac and Frost do some exciting things with their athleticism but their countless decision making brain fades suck the air out of the team (and the supporters!).  Hurley and Hibberd are both tough as nails and so much more composed.  If we can get them (and I'm far more confident on Hibberd than Hurley), will make a massive difference next year, particularly with Melksham and Salem as other options in the back half next year.

• Like 3

would love to get them both for free.

if we do somehow land hurley as well as hibberd with a trade as part of the deal, we're going to have to give something of significance up.

but if we can get them both without having to trade, it's not durant to dubs level, but i'm happy to take it.

12 hours ago, SaberFang said:

especially after the spectacular stuff-up by the Saints last year. They were stupid enough to blink over Dodoro's Hawthorn bluff

And we were stupid enough to offer up pick 25 for a player worth pick 40 max to sit out a year, without even getting to the stage of negotiating and bluffing. Essendon fans laugh at us for that one because they have been frustratingly watching Melkshams inconsistency all of his career. And we just straight up offer overs. Goodwin mates rates corruption

Edited by johndemons

4 hours ago, johndemons said:

And we were stupid enough to offer up pick 25 for a player worth pick 40 max to sit out a year, without even getting to the stage of negotiating and bluffing. Essendon fans laugh at us for that one because they have been frustratingly watching Melkshams inconsistency all of his career. And we just straight up offer overs. Goodwin mates rates corruption

He hasn't played a game yet? His hardness around the footy will see him a fan fav next year.  

Edited by Demons11
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, SaberFang said:

I didn't say we'd directly trade T-Mac for Hurley; rather, securing Hurley would allow us to auction off T-Mac to a club like Sydney in exchange for very high currency (to get another Oliver/Weideman/Petracca/Brayshaw type in a first round we're currently absent from).

We will find another way to get Hurley, whether via the breach of contract route or otherwise. Dodoro's his own worst enemy now because clubs won't waste their time with his nonsense, especially after the spectacular stuff-up by the Saints last year. They were stupid enough to blink over Dodoro's Hawthorn bluff and pay ridiculous overs for an overrated swingman with attitude problems, who now sits on the sidelines for a year. Not to mention his illicit drugs antics; the guy's not the brightest bulb in town.

And all one year after they famously went to the draft to secure their young key forward for a generation; why on earth wouldn't you pair him with Francis in the next draft and set up your spine for 12-15 years?

Sorry mate, I misinterpreted your original post and didn't mean to take your words out of context.

As for your trade idea, I think Tom plays a vital role in the side and would rather see him play alongside Hurley.

Also knowing how much of a workhorse he is, hopefully he sees his kicking as weakness and continues to work on it.

19 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

He hasn't played a game yet? His hardness around the footy will see him a fan fav next year.  

I always thought his "hardness" was overrated when he was with the dons.

Of course, I will see him as hard as a UFC fighter when he runs out for the Dees. Still think we overpaid greatly for him, but Roos has a habit of getting good value for trade ins. As for the other 2, its free of charge, so I hope like hell they end up here.

• Like 2

Well I don't think we will get both for free. But we don't exactly have picks to give. They can have our second and third rounder (which I couldn't care less about), but we don't have a lot of give. If we even managed to get one of these blokes on the list it would be a massive get. I follow Essendon because my old man supports them. So unfortunately I have had to watch these guys fairly closely. Quality players. Either of them would automatically be our best back man (excluding Jetta) IMO.

Edited by KingDingAling

Would think that Hibberd would be a good get but I don't see him as the solution to our defence.  He is relatively short at 1.86m.  Same as Melksham and Hunt, shorter than Lumumba and M Jones.  He may play tall but he is not the KPD that can take on the 1.95+m forwards now playing.  We would still be relying on the McDonald lads to for that role.  If we can get Hurley he would be great for the job.  If not we need to keep searching for that KPD. 

TBH I see the tall KPD player as far more important than a another mid sized defender so prefer our trade 'currency' be used for the KPD. 

So not fussed if we don't get Hibberd.

• Like 1

Just now, Lucifer's Hero said:

Would think that Hibberd would be a good get but I don't see him as the solution to our defence.  He is relatively short at 1.86m.  Same as Melksham and Hunt, shorter than Lumumba and M Jones.  He may play tall but he is not the KPD that can take on the 1.95+m forwards now playing.  We would still be relying on the McDonald lads to for that role.  If we can get Hurley he would be great for the job.  If not we need to keep searching for that KPD. 

TBH I see the tall KPD player as far more important than a another mid sized defender so prefer our trade 'currency' be used for the KPD. 

So not fussed if we don't get Hibberd.

I'd like to get him as he can play that small defender role with Jetta, Wagner and Melksham.  It may help to release Salem in to a midfield role, while also possibly doing the same for Hunt, who I think would look fantastic on the opposite wing to Stretch.

• Like 3

I'm glad we're clearly targetting defenders because there's no doubt it's our weakest link right now.

Prestia is kidding himself if he thinks we'll give him $700K. Knock off $200K and we'll talk, but we can't afford that kind of money right now. He's more than welcome to take overs from Richmond, set up his retirement, and wallow in mediocrity for the rest of his career.

• Like 3