Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

3 hours ago, Ouch! said:

By going through the hard times, it would make the good times all the more worth it. We just need to improve and build as a group. MFC has identified the nucleus of the team that they want to take them forward, it is starting to rely less on players such as Jones having to be the best player on the ground, and he can focus on being a leading the team to greater things. Hogan knows this, and I'm pretty confident that his intentions are to stay, and I don't begrudge him waiting until the new bargaining arrangement has been resolved between the AFLPA and the AFL before committing. Once that's sorted, I'd be amazed if TMac, Hogan and Watts aren't signing up soon afterwards.

Absolutely. Was more talking about the on the ground comments from other teams about how close the players are at Melbourne.

1 hour ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Gossage is WA born and bred died in the wool Subiaco supporter whose favourite Lion was George Young hence his choice of following the Saints when George moved to St Kilda.

He knows which side his bread is buttered on, he has been wrong many times but he does have close contacts down at the Port so he may know something   

Fair enough. Always thought he was imported. But you live there!!

5 hours ago, old dee said:

Not so sure now, Brayshaw might be facing a limited future in the game.

Depressed thoughts I don't blame you our mids are a lot better these days Frawely down back we would've beaten North and the Bombers Angus will be a gem but for this season I would prefer Chip because we  would  be entrenched in the 8.

4 hours ago, Deeoldfart said:

Frawley would be a valuable addition to our current back half, but only if he wanted to be there!  I reckon you could tell from his general on-field demeanor in his last season that his heart wasn't in it.  Same applies, but even more so, for Howe.  I'm clutching at straws perhaps, but I'm definitely not seeing that with Hogan.

Lets hope we never see It DOF! Especially next season

I don't see the point moaning about Frawley. He clearly wasn't interested in staying, despite Roos' waffle about how "invested" he was in the club.

Besides, we got Brayshaw. It's as if people have forgotten how damn good that boy is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SaberFang said:

I don't see the point moaning about Frawley. He clearly wasn't interested in staying, despite Roos' waffle about how "invested" he was in the club.

Besides, we got Brayshaw. It's as if people have forgotten how damn good that boy is.

I don't think anyone's moaning, just having a discussion.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JV7 said:

Is this a James Frawley or Jesse Hogan thread ? 

Good point!!  Just to get things back on track, Hogan was discussed by the Fox Footy panel last night during the mid-season review.  Jed Healy said he thought Jesse would stay.  Brereton (who conveyed the impression of being 3 parts cut for the duration) emphatically countered with "He'll go".  No elaboration.  Whateley, who was the facilitator, then moved on to the next topic.

It's an interesting exercise to marry up those Melbourne and Perth based teams with potential upcoming premiership windows that also have a need / opening for a key forward.  There's none in Perth (West Coast have Darling / Kennedy already no nearby window for Freo).  Geelong have Hawkins / Clark plus the other talls.  Collingwood (dubious if they're entering a window) have the Cloke contract headache to overcome.  Dogs have the Boyd mill stone and now the Redpath optionality, North on their last gasp with the veterans but Brown as the go forward, Tigers were just dreaming in terms of a window.  Saints have McCartin and Bruce.  Essendon not yet an attractive destination and list quality unclear.   Carlton entering a false dawn most probably given the age profile of the list.   Hawthorn trying to defy gravity and determine what O'Brien offers but must be increasingly concerned about Roughead's future prospects.   Back to the decisiveness of the Brereton retort......      Gossage may well be correct but that doesn't necessarily mean the Dees win the day....

50 minutes ago, Copuchas said:

Good point!!  Just to get things back on track, Hogan was discussed by the Fox Footy panel last night during the mid-season review.  Jed Healy said he thought Jesse would stay.  Brereton (who conveyed the impression of being 3 parts cut for the duration) emphatically countered with "He'll go".  No elaboration.  Whateley, who was the facilitator, then moved on to the next topic.

Yeah, Whateley should have asked Brereton the obvious follow up question to clarify whether it was a "gut feeling" or was a view based on some evidence. Annoying.

Is any of this seriously worth worrying about right now?

He's out of contract at the end of 2017.

Let the cards fall as they may and if at this time next year he hasn't signed a new deal, then yes, it's probably warranted stuff.

But right now? Warranted? I really don't think so.

22 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Let the cards fall as they may and if at this time next year he hasn't signed a new deal, then yes, it's probably warranted stuff.

I agree with most of what u say except for " if at this time next year he hasn't signed a new deal, then yes, it's probably warranted stuff". 

If he hasn't signed by the start of next season then it's time to say good bye. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

It's worried about because, as we've seen, contracts mean bugger all now. Just look at McCarthy

If we accept he is gone if he hasn't signed by the start of next season, then this year is the equivalent of the last year, speculation wise. And as a player from interstate, he will receive this speculation for his whole career in Melbourne,  regardless of whether he signs or not

On 6/8/2016 at 9:10 AM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I can't make sense of that bolded part about not wanting Frawley.

I'm shattered we lost Frawley and his absence is going some way in costing us games of footy with our leaky defence.

Frawley killed Hogan on the weekend, and I can't recall a game of where he's been defeated at Hawthorn.

Forgotten the Qualifying Final last year where he got towelled by Kennedy? Where he gave up running halfway into a chase?

He's good, obviously, but you're making him sound like some unflappable superstar which is is far from.

51 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Hogan for Taberner, pick 4 and Crozier. hmmmm... maybe

Not a chance. If a trade had to happen, which it wouldn't because he'll remain at Melbourne, Fyfe or Lachie Neale have to come into it. We wouldn't give Hogan away for a pick and two spuds.

Edited by Django
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

Maybe we can get someone to get him to sign a blank sheet of paper and then we can transpose that onto a 10 year contract?

That wouldn't constitute fraud would it?

'10 years? But...but....'

'That's your signature, Jesse'

'Okay.'