The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

Just now, Biffen said:

Trams,Traffic,sprawl,Smog,no surf,too many laws,hipsters.....

Why would you leave.

Biffen-translator says: I agree.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

and we absolutely kill perth for graffiti and buskers

not forgetting parking cops and 7/11s.

3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

and we got dan the man(iac)

Cannot remember the last time a Vic state Premier was not welcome at a Fed election after voting get together.

2 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

This Fyfe stuff... I got from a sauce a few days ago that Fyfe wants out, doesn't like Freo's direction and Lyon's game plan (seems a weird assertion given he won a brownlow under him) and wants to go somewhere he can win flags in his all important 25-30 years of his career. Suddenly Hogan to them for the best player in the game makes a lot of sense. Hogan from 21-35(ish) I would think is the richest commodity in footy vs Fyfe for 5 years, IMO, I'd rather Jesse. But as we know, what we want doesn't always materialise.

3 way trade:

Fyfe to Essendon

Hogan to Freo

Hurley to Melbourne

A raft of Draft picks swapped.

Sauce - Absolutely none.

3 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

3 way trade:

Fyfe to Essendon

Hogan to Freo

Hurley to Melbourne

A raft of Draft picks swapped.

Sauce - Absolutely none.

and we would be back to kicking 9 Goals a game. 

Fantastic....

On 7/4/2016 at 7:44 AM, dazzledavey36 said:

Form my ass! FMD The kid is 21 years old and carrying out forward line whos on track to kick 50 goals in just his 2nd year of AFL football. 

He is still maturing and alot of growing up to do but that comes with more games and more experience. He is close to becoming one of the competitions best forwards.

Amazing how some continue to pot him yet he has exceeded my expectation on him already this year. I don't blame him for getting frustrated at teamates especailly when they cannot hit him 20m out in front like yesterday.

He is doing fine. Even on a bad day he still hits the scoreboard and continues to provide an option.

Just be appreciative of what we have on our hands. Besides you could have worse and have Tom Boyd on your team belting teamates..

He dropped just as many marks as passes that missed him and rarely lead at the ball carrier, Nathan Jones had to force him to lead on the one occasion he got a goal from a lead. I thought both the free kicks he got that resulted in goals were fairly soft and he made sure the umpire knew, would much rather he stood up to the minimal body contact he received. 

Once again he missed crucial shots on goal in the last quarter to get us back in the game, I hope this doesn't become a habit or the OX might have to get on his case again. 

Obviously, he is an amazing prospect and if he can put it all together will be one of the best players in the competition. The simple fact is he is so much more talented than other players that I am not going to judge him against a dud like Tom Boyd.

He is not doing some of the simple fundamentals and you don't need talent to do them. That is why a minority of us are getting a little bit frustrated with him. I do blame him for getting frustrated if a teammate doesn't hit him with a 20m pass, suck it up and chase the ball carrier. He did the exact same thing to Max Gawn and cost us a goal.

• Like 1

If Fyfe is looking for a flag ready team and Freo looking for picks and players, I'd suggest that GWS would be the obvious candidate, and I'm sure the AFL would throw something in to seal the deal...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PaulRB said:

If Fyfe is looking for a flag ready team and Freo looking for picks and players, I'd suggest that GWS would be the obvious candidate, and I'm sure the AFL would throw something in to seal the deal...

I think Fyfe is looking for the $$$$$. He doesn't strike me as a legacy type. He strikes me as the type of guy who don't mind the $$. Fremantle should be able to accommodate him easy enough. Combine that with the stay at home factor - and I think the decision is an easy one for him.

15 minutes ago, KingDingAling said:

I think Fyfe is looking for the $$$$$. He doesn't strike me as a legacy type. He strikes me as the type of guy who don't mind the $$. Fremantle should be able to accommodate him easy enough. Combine that with the stay at home factor - and I think the decision is an easy one for him.

I see the exact opposite.  I think Fyfe is looking for success over dollars.

I reckon he's an intelligent and humble kind of guy, who wants to return home post football to a small town 350 km's from Perth where his family runs a trucking business.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

Just to return the complement Jesse could be wearing this Maxy T:

69612DC6-F78F-AE04-2AB8845C56BD1C6BYOUTHFrom the Demon Shop

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

3 minutes ago, ProDee said:

I see the exact opposite.  I think Fyfe is looking for success over dollars.

I reckon he's an intelligent and humble kind of guy, who wants to return home post football to a small town 350 km's from Perth where his family runs a trucking business.

I see it differently.

With Fyfe I can envisage a young man who goes on to play in 4 of Melbournes 7 flags in a row and then goes on to use his engaging personality to replace all the sh*t on TV as lead commentator for the next two decades.

• Like 1

It sounds as though Fremantle have decided to re-build through their draft, so recruiting Jesse Hogan who has already missed a year of footy through injury, and would cost two first round draft picks as well as a huge chunk of their salary cap, it seems a little irresponsible if they're going down that path, especially with tabbenar starting to show good signs and McCarthey is a good player as well so that should be a more than capable forward combo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abe said:

It sounds as though Fremantle have decided to re-build through their draft, so recruiting Jesse Hogan who has already missed a year of footy through injury, and would cost two first round draft picks as well as a huge chunk of their salary cap, it seems a little irresponsible if they're going down that path, especially with tabbenar starting to show good signs and McCarthey is a good player as well so that should be a more than capable forward combo.

I read it the same, Abe.

My thinking is that they will bottom out for a couple of years, take their draft picks, rebuild and when they are ready to challenge for the flag again will go after Jesse big time. Fyfe and Neal at their peak.  Will be very attractive.  (It will be a travesty for us if that coincides with Jesse becoming an FA). 

In the meantime, he remains a Demon.  Then que sera sera.

42 minutes ago, Biffen said:

I see it differently.

With Fyfe I can envisage a young man who goes on to play in 4 of Melbournes 7 flags in a row and then goes on to use his engaging personality to replace all the sh*t on TV as lead commentator for the next two decades.

I see Fyfe as a player who plays in 4 flags for MFC before going on to coach us to another 4. Then joins the board of Collingwood as a double agent and destroys them from within. Then becomes an AFL commissioner and kicks all other clubs off the MCG and rigs the draw so we never have to travel, even to Etihad.

• Like 8

On 7/6/2016 at 1:29 AM, Watts the matter said:

He dropped just as many marks as passes that missed him and rarely lead at the ball carrier, Nathan Jones had to force him to lead on the one occasion he got a goal from a lead. I thought both the free kicks he got that resulted in goals were fairly soft and he made sure the umpire knew, would much rather he stood up to the minimal body contact he received. 

Once again he missed crucial shots on goal in the last quarter to get us back in the game, I hope this doesn't become a habit or the OX might have to get on his case again. 

Obviously, he is an amazing prospect and if he can put it all together will be one of the best players in the competition. The simple fact is he is so much more talented than other players that I am not going to judge him against a dud like Tom Boyd.

He is not doing some of the simple fundamentals and you don't need talent to do them. That is why a minority of us are getting a little bit frustrated with him. I do blame him for getting frustrated if a teammate doesn't hit him with a 20m pass, suck it up and chase the ball carrier. He did the exact same thing to Max Gawn and cost us a goal.

Fair and reasonable assessment.

As long as the group and most importantly Jesse himself sees himself as a developing young player who needs to get a few more things right to get the best out of himself.

19 hours ago, daisycutter said:

and we absolutely kill perth for graffiti and buskers

Not to mention home invasions and burglaries which we lead by the length of the straight.

Hogan is a tremendous player and I really hope he signs with us, but if he's set on going home to Perth I hope he makes that known this year so we can do a deal while he's in contract and Freo are in the bottom 4.  If we got equitable compensation for him, I've seen enough from Weidemann and Hulett, and with Watts improvement this year to feel comfortable that we could still continue our rise to challenge.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Fifty-5 said:

Hogan is a tremendous player and I really hope he signs with us, but if he's set on going home to Perth I hope he makes that known this year so we can do a deal while he's in contract and Freo are in the bottom 4.  If we got equitable compensation for him, I've seen enough from Weidemann and Hulett, and with Watts improvement this year to feel comfortable that we could still continue our rise to challenge.

I agree with the first sentence and whilst I also agree with you assessment of the three you mentioned there is no doubt we would be a club much worse off for Hogans departure. We would be worse off on the field as I do believe he will be our first genuine star since Robbie but also I also believe that it is just as important for us, a club, to be known as a club that can retain its most valuable assets. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nutbean said:

I agree with the first sentence and whilst I also agree with you assessment of the three you mentioned there is no doubt we would be a club much worse off for Hogans departure. We would be worse off on the field as I do believe he will be our first genuine star since Robbie but also I also believe that it is just as important for us, a club, to be known as a club that can retain its most valuable assets. 

If he leaves we're going to try to make ourselves feel better any way we can.  Hullet and Weidemann may be more than handy. But Jesse.... he's something else. We may not like it but if he goes there is no way we wont be worse off. 

• Like 9

If we could convert Hogan into Hurley and Prestia via Freo's next two 1st rounders and Weidemann and Hulett come on then it's definitely not a disaster.  I've seen Weidemann and Hulett live 3 times now and they look very promising.  Great in the contest and contested marking, nice kicks, hard-working up and down the ground to present an option and Hulett in particular has some special ground skills.  From the VFL reports it sounds like the need to work on their defensive side a bit but that will come - they both appear to be good learners.

• Like 1