Dean Kent contract

sue

6 minutes ago, sue said:

Surely he is misquoted in this article? What can he mean?

"I’m out of contract so there’s no pressure on me to perform or anything like that..."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-and-contract-news-lewis-taylor-dean-kent-and-josh-jenkins--afl-market-watch/news-story/139642312ffcfb8b59b0f541e9bebf0e

Might not be misquoted but he might've misspoke. Not quite sure what he was getting at though, might not be a wordsmith! Sounds like he's pretty chilled about it and he's more than likely to remain a Demon.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sue said:

Surely he is misquoted in this article? What can he mean?

"I’m out of contract so there’s no pressure on me to perform or anything like that..."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-and-contract-news-lewis-taylor-dean-kent-and-josh-jenkins--afl-market-watch/news-story/139642312ffcfb8b59b0f541e9bebf0e

It's hard to tell in text form but I'm hoping that the "there's no pressure on me to perform or anything like that" was said sarcastically.

• Like 1

I don't read anything into what players do or don't say after getting 2nd degrees burns with Scully but them there are some bizarro comments.

• Like 1

I'd say he means that the club haven't told him that he is under pressure and unless he performs better he won't be offered a contract. 

All players want to get their name out there for various commercial purposes and endorsements.

1 minute ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I trust this was intentionally ironic? (If it wasn't you can claim that it was and we'll all believe you.)

I was trying to morph into "hill folk" speak

I'm a Dean Kent fan, and this is a totally unfounded comment which is just based off a feeling I have had for a while,  but I could see him leaving. 

Again,  no basis for this,  and it's merely just a hunch,  but for some reason I've never had the same confidence that he would stay as I have with someone like Watts and Hogan,  or Viney. 

17 hours ago, Peter Griffen said:

I wouldn't mind Lewis Taylor lining up in red and blue if he decides he wants to move home.

Especially now that he is under performing up there. We should be able to get him cheaper. He is a class player, so skilled on both sides of the body. Can play forward, midfield, or back/wing. Good decision maker, could be a solid pick up. Underrated.

It's proabaly a little revisionist of me, but if I was the journo interviewing Kent, I'd ask for clarification on those remarks. If not then, definitely before it was put to print and published.

:wacko:

9 minutes ago, drdrake said:

I thought he had another year to go

Jones 27, Melksham 24

Brayshaw 19, Petracca 19, Gawn 23, Garland 26 (UFA),

Dunn 27, Hogan 20, Viney 20, Lumumba
 28, Kennedy-Harris20, Salem 19, Vandenberg 23, Neal-Bullen 19, Stretch 18, Kennedy* 21, Bugg* 23, Oliver18, Weideman18, King18, Hulett18

Trengove 22, Dawes 26, Grimes 25 (RFA), Watts 24 (RFA), Vince 29, Tyson* 21, Kent 21, M Jones 27, Spencer 25 (UFA), T McDonald22, Terlich 25, Jetta 25, Garlett 25, Frost 21,Newton 22, O McDonald 19, Pedersen 28, King ®19, White ®18, Smith ®20, Hunt 19, Harmes 19, Michie 23,

RPFC posted this earlier this year. If correct this is his last year.

Viney can now be updated to 2020.

6 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

I would have thought it was sarcasm coupled with some average journalism.

I don't think that Kent's that smart. And if he was, he's stupid for answering in that way.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.