• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post match Discussion "Fire away"

What

We lost the game at the selection table. Bringing in a underdone Brayshaw to go along with our 10863 inside mids that we already have.. And then Lumumba when Dunn was the most [censored] obvious selection. Too small my ass Roosy!

Hogan is lazy and overated. Doesn't lead at all.

McDonald is a s pastic.. Daniher 15 marks and played off him too many times. Didn't pay respect at all.

Bugg.. Whats your role? idiot.

Gawn.. you can add him to the list of getting comfy and slack when given a juicy contract.

Garland.. Its a joke he continues to get games. But but leadership! fmd..

Matt Jones See ya.. it was good while it lasted. Back to his best of turning the ball over when the pressure gets too much.

Kent did you even play today?

Brayshaw.. Not good enough, should have kicked that goal. Severely underdone.

Kennedy and Jones hold your head up high in what dysmal display.

Woke up reading all the flogs on here banging on about how much we would win by..i was worried when i saw we had them 1st up on the G..was always going to happen..they were going to getthemselves up..we..we sat around back slapping our performance last week. Roos picked a twrrible side..frost or dunn had to play..not Harry 'I take on the world' Labamba...i threw my scarf at the coaches box at the siren...made me feel better. Haha. Geeezus H christ

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

If only I was surprised, there was a justifiable reason many of us were nervous about this game.

Mentally, this club makes marshmallows look tough 

Hard to cut those marshmallows, and that sugar coating could bring a dieabetic down in a heartbeat - oh wait, that was last week.

Only one word for this week.

Crud!!

Things we know...... * a week is a long time in football, * desire wins matches, * we have nowhere near the depth or quality of footballers we were beginning to believe, * this week we are the worst team in the AFL, * it's going to be a long season, * next week is going to be very ugly. 

Woke up reading all the flogs on here banging on about how much we would win by..i was worried when i saw we had them 1st up on the G..was always going to happen..they were going to getthemselves up..we..we sat around back slapping our performance last week. Roos picked a twrrible side..frost or dunn had to play..not Harry 'I take on the world' Labamba...i threw my scarf at the coaches box at the siren...made me feel better. Haha. Geeezus H christ

We lost the game at the selection table. Bringing in a underdone Brayshaw to go along with our 10863 inside mids that we already have.. And then Lumumba when Dunn was the most [censored] obvious selection. Too small my ass Roosy!

McDonald is a s pastic.. Daniher 15 marks and played off him too many times. Didn't pay respect at all.

Gawn.. you can add him to the list of getting comfy and slack when given a juicy contract.

Matt Jones See ya.. it was good while it lasted. Back to his best of turning the ball over when the pressure gets too much.

• Like 2

OK, first up.......Paul Roos and the selection committee. He talks so much crap in the media about not putting games into young players and rewarding form, then rushes Brayshaw back in after giving us nothing for the 2nd half of last season then managing 17 touches in a VFL practice match (Trengove hasn't played for 2 years and can get 18 and 2 goals in a half). Also, talking about match ups against the Kangaroos during this week. One week at a time. Practice what you preach.

Hogan - appalling performance and body language. Should be dropped to set an example. I have never seen a young player with such appalling body language and whinging. It normally takes about 50 games before this creeps in. Refuses to lead at ball carrier and always tries to body up his opponent instead of jumping at it.

Gawn - gave us nothing and lost multiple contests to much smaller opponents.

Oliver - kick the bloody thing! throughout all of his games he often waits for the traffic to come towards him when he is in the clear. 

Garland - despite the claim that he is a versatile player. He is not good enough to be a key defender and not skillful enough to be a small defender. The sooner we move on from him the better.

McDonald and coaching team - they have 1 dangerous forward - lock him out of the game.

Kent/Harmes/Garlett  - poor pressure. A rookie listed small defender with poor fitness stitching us up.

Vandenburg - used to love his tackling pressure - without it, he isn't much use.

Salem - giving us nothing down back. Try him out forward.

Jetta - another massively overrated on this site. Needs to give more run and stupid free kick in the goal square.

Tyson - Joe Daniher esque 

Everyone else other than Ben Kennedy. Not good enough.

12 minutes ago, Nasher said:

I don't know if I want a hug or to punch a hole in the wall.

Was going to say I'm too angry to be disappointed and I'm too disappointed to be angry. I think the two are cancelling each other out.

It was like a nightmare. To lose to that stain of a club in that fashion, with Daniher dominating AGAIN, David King openly barracking and Dwayne calling every play.

We need to shrug it off but [censored] me...it's going to be hard to do.

• Like 2

Can't find a good word for anyone.

The only good thing about today is that Jack T put in a blinder at Casey.  Delighted for him personally.  Giant step in his recovery.

• Like 5

Roos was shockingly out-coached today. It's rather astonishing. I laughed every time Daniher marked over 2-3 Melbourne players. He said during the week, "Well, Essendon have a rather short forward line." Woosha absolutely cleaned him up. Why wasn't Dunn playing? Why did Lumumba get a game?

Roos either sorely underestimates this team and has them bog it down, or he overestimates them and thinks they have the capacity to score quickly against a flood.

Two weeks in a row, the opposition has toweld Melbourne up on the transition and getting into space. They play with zero confidence and instead allow the opposition to control the ball across the middle of the ground.

Melbourne just out-Melbourne'd itself. And Paul Roos is front and center there. He lost that game for them today. It should have been a case of run and gun today. Instead, he coached the team directly into the Bombers' hands.

Taking nothing away from Essendon. They stood up and were deserving winners.
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Said it in the game day thread. Will say it here.
We are the most immature team in the AFL. We stagger over the line last week and that is enough for some.
It felt like Groundhog Day going in (our loss to Essendon last year). Contented playing group, backs to the wall opposition and us going in hot favorites. You could just tell this was going to happen.
Tom McDonald needs to be dropped. I don't bag individuals too much but some of his decision making is ridiculous. It's been 4 years that we've been saying that he needs to play within his limitations and this happens!
It's not season over by a long way but if that group is aiming for finals then they are a considerable distance from their goal.

McDonald definitely played dumb football. His decision making isn't of the level of someone with the experience he now has.

6 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Almost the exact same targets, good eye!

Watts wasn't poor by comparison to his teammates but well behind last week's effort.  I had Kennedy and Jones amongst our better players but Essendon made everyone look bad. I despair fronting up against North next week with this lot.

If the Weed is half as good as Daniher I'll be very happy. He's not the greatest kick, but he's so hard to defend against with his reach. Their quick ball movement helped him too.

2 minutes ago, P-man said:

Was going to say I'm too angry to be disappointed and I'm too disappointed to be angry. I think the two are cancelling each other out.

It was like a nightmare. To lose to that stain of a club in that fashion, with Daniher dominating AGAIN, David King openly barracking and Dwayne calling every play.

We need to shrug it off but [censored] me...it's going to be hard to do.

Listened to 882 here in Perth and the Essendon barracking drove me nuts, why is there no disdain for this mob?

Melbourne Demons.

The most embarrassing two words in the English language.

Thanks again Dees. Gutsy, and determined from the first bounce.

• Like 3