Angus Brayshaw's knee injury (minor strain - 4 weeks)

Wealthy bigpennies

1 hour ago, Webber said:

If he doesn't need a scan, he doesn't f***ing need a scan. 

Tell that to Trengove.
And you could bet your arse Collingwood would get it scanned.
There's reasons we've been on the bottom for so long and poor injury management is one of them.

Edited by Fork 'em

24 minutes ago, Chris said:

Maybe we could ask the other clubs is they know of any special substances that can be used to help heal injuries faster? Surely at least one club out their knows the answer!

I was gonna say Essendrug but then I remembered when they were on the juice tey had that increduble run of soft tissue injuries

lol their drug regime really was a total disaster on every level

1 minute ago, Petraccattack said:

I was gonna say Essendrug but then I remembered when they were on the juice tey had that increduble run of soft tissue injuries

lol their drug regime really was a total disaster on every level

They had that incredible run of soft tissue injuries once the juice stopped flowing. The timing of the removal of the program and the start of the injuries is certainly raises suspicions.   

• Like 1

Just now, Chris said:

They had that incredible run of soft tissue injuries once the juice stopped flowing. The timing of the removal of the program and the start of the injuries is certainly raises suspicions.   

Yeah youre spot on... all went pear shaped once the juice stopped flowing.

Its very suspicious and I believe that WADA should investigate and ban the players involved.  Oh wait, that happened  :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fork 'em said:

Tell that to Trengove.
And you could bet your arse Collingwood would get it scanned.
There's reasons we've been on the bottom for so long and poor injury management is one of them.

and collingwood are the experts in managing injuries?  Reid, Elliot, Daisy Thomas, freeman, etc

they usually have one of the longest injury lists and a lot of soft tissue injuries

our medical staff know what they are doing and if there was any risk, they would do what they need to. a knee injury is very different to a hot spot on a foot so they would be trated differently

• Like 6

Personally I think that every player who has the slightest ache after a game should immediately go in for a full body CT and MRI scan.  And anyone sent off for the blood rule should have a top-up transfusion.  Just to be safe.

Edited by sue
  • Like 16

2 hours ago, ProDee said:

Always love your insight.

As reported, is it usually a 2-4 week injury ?

Unlikely to be more, but could be less. It's not an injury that comes with inherent risk to further damage, so will depend on how irritable and sore it is to running with lateral movement. Hopefully less. 

• Like 14

33 minutes ago, sue said:

Personally I think that every player who has the slightest ache after a game should immediately go in for a full body CT and MRI scan.  And anyone sent off for the blood rule should have a top-up transfusion.  Just to be safe.

I'm sure we'll all have a good ol' belly laugh when it gets to rd6 and we still haven't seen him.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Webber said:

Unlikely to be more, but could be less. It's not an injury that comes with inherent risk to further damage, so will depend on how irritable and sore it is to running with lateral movement. Hopefully less. 

Obviously no injury is good but the upsides of this one is that there are no long term implications, i assume he will be able to do no weight bearing work to keep his fitness up and it came at the end of his pre season so he already has the miles in the leg. And we know he won't be hurt in a NAB game before round one so can just about lock him in for GWS.

By the by Webber whilst you're dealing with medical queries what's the go with a hamstring injury as bad as the one Kent got last year in terms of the likelihood of a recurrence (outside the normal chances of doing a hammy of course). I really think Kent is a key player for us and it worries me him getting re injured. The same goes for Gawn now that i think of it.

46 minutes ago, sue said:

You forgot the compulsory brain scan for every headache just to make sure it's not a tumour.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, binman said:

Obviously no injury is good but the upsides of this one is that there are no long term implications, i assume he will be able to do no weight bearing work to keep his fitness up and it came at the end of his pre season so he already has the miles in the leg. And we know he won't be hurt in a NAB game before round one so can just about lock him in for GWS.

By the by Webber whilst you're dealing with medical queries what's the go with a hamstring injury as bad as the one Kent got last year in terms of the likelihood of a recurrence (outside the normal chances of doing a hammy of course). I really think Kent is a key player for us and it worries me him getting re injured. The same goes for Gawn now that i think of it.

There's always an increased risk of hamstring related issues, but in the case of high hamstring like Kent's, ironically less so. Max Gawn is way past any issues with his reconstructed ACL. If he did it again, it would be a circumstance that would rupture an original ACL, or as close to it as doesn't matter. You have to remember binman, that any injury suffered by any player makes that area less than perfect, and in theory more at risk. No player is immune, and mostly it's situations beyond control, substantially inherited (genes). Think Geelong's Menzel vs. Michael Tuck. 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Webber said:

There's always an increased risk of hamstring related issues, but in the case of high hamstring like Kent's, ironically less so. Max Gawn is way past any issues with his reconstructed ACL. If he did it again, it would be a circumstance that would rupture an original ACL, or as close to it as doesn't matter. You have to remember binman, that any injury suffered by any player makes that area less than perfect, and in theory more at risk. No player is immune, and mostly it's situations beyond control, substantially inherited (genes). Think Geelong's Menzel vs. Michael Tuck. 

Ta Webber. 

Inherited injury risks is an interesting one. I wonder how long it will be before professional football clubs (gridiron, AFL, soccer etc) start exploring using family injury history and even DNA testing as part of their recruiting tools. 

5 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

The medicos who haven't been able to put a full side on the park since the late 90's?

They just don't have the advantage of all the catastrophizing that we get from DL.  :)