• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Garry Lyon & Bill Brownless Feud

Mach5

12 hours ago, Dee Gee said:

Can someone please post article here if they have access? The normal, "google name + click link" trick doesn't work to get around hun subscription block

try this, this may paint the picture for you?

http://www.sen.com.au/news/02-16/lyon-and-brownless-on-rocks-footy-show-doubtful#x0x0GERxmQQaPXsB.97

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

I actually think the AFL as a whole should be run by a panel of people rather than one person (I understand Gill has people underneath him), club representatives, former greats of the games and a couple of punters who love their respective clubs.

Like the existing AFL Executive, you mean?

Official Channel 9 Statement:

“Garry Lyon will stand down from his various media duties while he seeks treatment for an ongoing mental health condition.

“For several months The Footy Show and Footy Classified co-host has been suffering from a serious mental health condition and he will take time out from all media roles to recover. There is no set time frame as to when he will return to television.

“We are all supporting Garry and hope he will be back to good health very soon. Our priority is his wellbeing. Garry has our full support. From here on, it’s a private and personal matter and we ask that be respected.”

The Footy Show will return next month. James Brayshaw will host the show solo until Garry is fit to return. 

Damian Barrett will fill in for Garry on Footy Classified during his absence

15 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

A story brewing big time. Word doing the traps is Lyon may have gotten a rad cosy with Nicky.

He's got form. Several rumours about him having a crack at the partners of his former team mates. Not good.

Modra was the same, apparently. Worse in fact.

Word has it, Wayne Carey had some form in this regard too ...

I hope they don't start using mental illness as a 'catch phrase' to cover up behaviour that don't want to discuss. 

A bitter dispute now turns into a mental illness??? I doubt the illness caused a dispute or is this a way for Gary to be sidelined(suspended) for awhile and no one question it or him on his return??

• Like 9

No real need to release a statement, Gary should've just went fishing up Marlo for a few weeks, it would've died down. A lot of these media types seem to think they are getting on the front foot these days, but they aren't, they are making it worse. I don't know what Gary's problem, and its not my business, but he isn't helping himself claiming a mental illness at a time when speculation is surrounding his personal life.

3 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

I actually think the AFL as a whole should be run by a panel of people rather than one person (I understand Gill has people underneath him), club representatives, former greats of the games and a couple of punters who love their respective clubs.

It is.  Gill is CEO but the AFL is run by the commission.  That's a big part of the problem.  There are a bunch of self-important twerps sitting in a boardroom who don't understand that their job is to facilitate the playing and viewing of the competition, rather than dictate how, when and if it is played. 

51 minutes ago, Wolfmother said:

I hope they don't start using mental illness as a 'catch phrase' to cover up behaviour that don't want to discuss. 

A bitter dispute now turns into a mental illness??? I doubt the illness caused a dispute or is this a way for Gary to be sidelined(suspended) for awhile and no one question it or him on his return??

It's the old "polite euphemism," like a young single woman going to visit with relatives in the country.  For nine months or so. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mo64 said:

All the best on your recovery Garry. You'll always be considered a legend of the club unlike many of the keyboard heroes on here.

I'm tipping the "keyboard heroes " on here have never kicked a football in anger for the Melbourne football club. So........ Yeah you may be right there mo. Well thought out !!!!!!

Back to the thrust of the thread,  good riddance to Billy Boofhead. He was an embarrassment and on of the principal reasons I stopped watching that nonsense a long time ago.

1 hour ago, Wolfmother said:

a one off bad behaviour can rend in bitter,,,,  a series of trails can suggest a chronic situation out of control.

life can be tough, with surprising twists & turns.

oh, & does anyone agree that SWaugh is a selfish prikkkk ?  should have been sorted out decades back that lad!!! :)

5 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Special comments by C & B.

Let me try.

"What are you lot talking about? It's supposed to be a football show, talking about all things football. Don't bore me with your dribble if you've got nothing of value to offer!"

• Like 1

Some of the posts on here are despicable , Gary was nearly crippled at the end of his playing days he's one of our all time greats that could've gone to any club in his prime he spilled blood for our jumper some people are a disgrace.

• Like 6

Sounds like a serious matter to me... not a FS publicity stunt. I have full respect for GL as a Legend of MFC. Private lives are private. Many of us have made mistakes with relationships and family. I'm not going to cast a stone. The tone of these reports suggest serious personal issues. I choose to step back, without offering an opinion. Gary is an MFC great. We should support him, and his family, as best we can from a distance. 

• Like 6

Could this possibly mean that the Footy Show might actually present some football personnel who will ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT THE FOOTY!!?!?? I am one of the rare ones who actually likes Garry Lyon as a footy person and a Melbourne person, but the Footy Show is the worst kind of TV show. Yes, it has a strong history, involves high profile footy people but is such an outdated product which relies on mudraking and piggy-backing onto ex-football juvenile adults that it is simply impossible to wwtch. Excruciating in fact. 

• Like 3