Rate our Trade Period

ucanchoose

Rate our draft period  

299 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

B+

The potential still exists to negate Melkshams value and impact.

This has to , for mine, remove any idea of accrediting an A

Otherwise , well batted.

Put B, as i thought we came-out behind in the Toumpas/Howe & Melksham trades. But overall, very happy particularly after today's trading genius!

I am fairly happy with the trades My only concern is dealing with the wobble people. I think we were dudded over Howe but that is the nature of the beasts (Howe and Collingwood) But I have just renewed my membership being an overseas member as a token of my confidence on how things are going.

I voted A and am delighted with our two Round 1 picks plus Bugg's video on the MFC website. (The only downside for mine was to see Carlton with so many low picks, however I guess they have traded away their forward line to get to where they are.)

• Like 1

The players coming in are all faster and more 'aggressive' than the players going out. I'm very happy with that.

I'm also very happy knowing that the club has targeted a top kid from well in advance, and is so sure of them that they've gone to great lengths to secure the pick to guarantee getting the player.

Even better, if we end up going Parish+Curnow, everyone on here will have someone to be happy about from the draft, and we can spend the next decade running a thread debating who is better of the two.

• Like 5

I voted A and am delighted with our two Round 1 picks plus Bugg's video on the MFC website. (The only downside for mine was to see Carlton with so many low picks, however I guess they have traded away their forward line to get to where they are.)

apart from pick 1 (we know who they'll select anyways), our important picks are before the rest of theirs.

A from me. Its now up to the List management/recruitment team to make the right selctions with 3 and 7. No doubt the player they target will be there at 3. Lets hope 7 works out. They would have one or two players in mind they think will slip/fall to 7..

I think this trade period was very good, with the news of signing a Rookie B (Joel Smith), the rating Wallace gave was an A- maybe he would have amended that to an A had he know that a new wrinkle had occured.

Feels like we have stashed him , and no doubt for good reason Hes 193cm and has elite speed. Other than that I know nothing about him and nobody has ever seen him play footy but im gonna bump us up to an A+ now just cos I can

go dees

• Like 1

Nathan Schmook on the AFL website has given us an A+

We'll take that!

MELB-sb-AFLM.jpg

In: Ben Kennedy (Collingwood), Jake Melksham (Essendon), Tomas Bugg (GWS), picks 3, 7, 50 and 94

Out: Jeremy Howe, Jack Fitzpatrick, Jimmy Toumpas, picks 6, 25, 64 and 2016 first-round pick

2015 draft picks: 3, 7, 46, 50, 82, 94, 100, 118

Filled a need: Midfielders. The Demons have relied heavily on captain Nathan Jones and Bernie Vince the last couple of years, but with Kennedy and Melksham coming in and Angus Brayshaw, Jack Viney and Dom Tyson continuing to develop, the Dees should be more consistent in 2016.

Still to find: Forwards. Jesse Hogan and Jeff Garlett need help. Chris Dawes is capable but Melbourne needs more talent in attack to help kick a winning score. - Dinny Navaratnam

Nathan Schmook's verdict: Brilliant. The Demons used the incoming points system to perfection to gain picks No.3 and No.7 in this year's draft. They read the play quicker than other clubs, working well with GWS to secure pick No.7 and Bugg. Pick No.25 seemed to be a high price to pay for Melksham, but he could quickly disprove that if he slots into the midfield and adds needed hardness. Now the club needs to draft well, having worked into such a strong position.

Rating A+

• Like 1

apart from pick 1 (we know who they'll select anyways), our important picks are before the rest of theirs.

I know that but I always want another excuse to loathe them!

Nathan Schmook's verdict: Brilliant. The Demons used the incoming points system to perfection to gain picks No.3 and No.7 in this year's draft. They read the play quicker than other clubs, working well with GWS to secure pick No.7 and Bugg. Pick No.25 seemed to be a high price to pay for Melksham, but he could quickly disprove that if he slots into the midfield and adds needed hardness. Now the club needs to draft well, having worked into such a strong position.

Rating A+

Reading the points play first was the best thing about our drafting!

Some clubs came late to the party and today there was a lot of pick exchange with Academy clubs.

Some clubs missed the boat, including the Pies who could have been much smarter with the Treloar and Aish trades if they had woken up to the points play.

Eddie pushed so hard to change the Academy system to force those clubs to use their early picks.

But Sydney will get Callum Mills without using a 1st or early/mid 2nd rnd pick!

Its a loophole the AFL didn't foresee!

I doubt Eddie would be too impressed right now.

I like our drafting creativity (also recalling the Tyson/Salem/pick trade) and that we had a 'grand plan' which was executed beautifully! Ratings:

Trading Smarts: A++++

Draft Position: A++++

Player Trades: Time will tell

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Josh Mahoney's summary: http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-10-22/we-achieved-trade-targets-mahoney

Interesting that he says we could have 8-10 potential A-graders after this draft.

Even if half of those turn into A-graders it will be super awesome.

Reading the points play first was the best thing about our drafting!

Some clubs came late to the party and today there was a lot of pick exchange with Academy clubs.

Some clubs missed the boat, including the Pies who could have been much smarter with the Treloar and Aish trades if they had woken up to the points play.

Eddie pushed so hard to change the Academy system to force those clubs to use their early picks.

But Sydney will get Callum Mills without using a 1st or early/mid 2nd rnd pick!

Its a loophole the AFL didn't foresee!

I doubt Eddie would be too impressed right now.

I like our drafting creativity (also recalling the Tyson/Salem/pick trade) and that we had a 'grand plan' which was executed beautifully! Ratings:

Trading Smarts: A++++

Draft Position: A++++

Player Trades: Time will tell

Well, it is irrelevant; Mills and Dunkley if they meet him will be the only players in the top 70 they will get.

Essentially, it is making them pay a high price for these talents and that is what is happening.

Looking at todays list compare it to the one before Roos

I am sure that some would be greatly surprised that Dunne and Watts are still listed and in my case Garland

There has been a complete removal of the "dead wood" no matter how nice, incipid or club oriented were the players personally, ( no reflection on them meant)

Congrats to the list managers and recruitment guys This list looks like it can go places, remains to be seen of course,

My one regret is that Ollie Wines was not taken by us couple years back. I suspect he would have out shone an anointed son of a champ.

One more hard at it Mid at this time in our development. It makes me mad,, no I'm that already following Melbourne for 61 years.

Again all credit to the recruiters Fantastic job If we can recruit well with 3 and 7 I might get to more than 2 games next year. Its a bit hard from the Bool to get here

usually the only Melbourne supporter in the pub ! Recruit Hard Go DEES.

• Like 1