The Frawley Factor

pitmaster

Has there been a more over hyped and over rated player for some whiles than this ol' Chip !!

I think he can consider himself most fortunate to have been around at t time the Sqawkers were looking for just such a second fiddle.

Im not bitter.. I only ever thought he had a couple of decent years and it seemed to me was playing out of his skin a bit.

Judging by some rather crude digs at his former club he has some tickets on himself.

Roos is no bunny and could read exactly what this bloke was up to. Untimately he did give back to this club. Brayshaw....everything Frawley isnt. ttft !!

• Like 3

Good to see him get some success, he played a solid defenders game on Friday night. Go Eagles!

Agree. I think his last two games have been quite good. Helps when you are playing with a team as good as Hawthorn. Will be a very tough task to beat Kennedy and/or Darling though

I didn't read it as him having a dig either. I'm happy for him, he gave us all he could and now he's getting rewards.

If I didn't want the Hawks to go down this weekend I'd be cheering for him.

The remark about the team being in Bali was either a dig or just the sort of comment someone with limited neurons would make without intending the jibe. Take your pick.

While I enjoy feeling bitter, I would have overcome my natural tendencies if he looked like he was trying last year. I don't buy the argument that he was trying but was being played out of position. That may have affected performance but not endeavour.

So I balance that against natural sympathy I have for anyone facing the blizzard of balls coming into the Demon's defence in recent years and simply state - I don't give a stuff about him personally. I hope he stuffs up in the GF merely because it is another way Hawthorn might lose.

But I do not like top clubs picking the eyes out of weak clubs despite the fact that we appear to have landed a good player as a result in this case. That will always be hit and miss - poaching an established player is close to risk-free.

• Like 5

The remark about the team being in Bali was either a dig or just the sort of comment someone with limited neurons would make without intending the jibe. Take your pick.

While I enjoy feeling bitter, I would have overcome my natural tendencies if he looked like he was trying last year. I don't buy the argument that he was trying but was being played out of position. That may have affected performance but not endeavour.

So I balance that against natural sympathy I have for anyone facing the blizzard of balls coming into the Demon's defence in recent years and simply state - I don't give a stuff about him personally. I hope he stuffs up in the GF merely because it is another way Hawthorn might lose.

But I do not like top clubs picking the eyes out of weak clubs despite the fact that we appear to have landed a good player as a result in this case. That will always be hit and miss - poaching an established player is close to risk-free.

^^^^ This 100%
  • Like 2

Boy, there's a lot of bitter and twisted posters on here. Most of you guys were pushing him out the door last year and rejoicing that we got Pick 3 for him. Yes he didn't have a great year last year but a lot of that was because he was forced to play forward. Fast forward 12 months Hawthorn tried him in the forward line and was ordinary there. He is a backman through and through.

Please.

He played the first part of the season back and was hopeless. He was gone early in the season and Roos knew that as well. The club played him fwd so we could get used to our backline without him.

Aside from his AA year hasn't done much and has been exposed as a limited footballer. He is very good in some circumstances but we won that deal.

• Like 1

One thing I'm sure of is that Frawley won't win the Norm Smith as Lake did.

Otherwise I don't really give a ff sbout him. I'm glad he's gone as he was part of the cancer that was chipping away at the club.

Brayshaw will be part of the cure that will help us forget that Frawley ever existed.

• Like 2

Tough as it may be to swallow, Frawley my be the key to the Hawks winning the flag if he shuts down Kennedy.

Good luck to him.

Oh

Go Eagles!

:)

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1

I still can't believe the AFL hasn't found us guilty of bringing the game into disrepute - the fact we received a #3 draft pick for this spud is tantamount to theft. Cannot wait to watch JK tear him apart (again) in the GF.

Very rarely do you see Hawthorn backmen torn apart - and this is not in small part due to their midfield pressure being so ferocious that opposition rarely get clean entry into the Hawks back half.

Frawley has been quite good the last two games but don't downplay how much help the Hawks backmen get from their mids.

• Like 1

I didn't read it as him having a dig either. I'm happy for him, he gave us all he could and now he's getting rewards.

If I didn't want the Hawks to go down this weekend I'd be cheering for him.

He provided 7 years of good service and secured a contract that helped get us Brayshaw.

I still don't blame Chip for leaving.
I thought his comment was rather unintelligent and sounded like he was having a shot at his former team mates (I did hear him say that they were chirping at him when we got 3 goals up against the Hawks).

I still don't blame Chip for leaving.

I thought his comment was rather unintelligent and sounded like he was having a shot at his former team mates (I did hear him say that they were chirping at him when we got 3 goals up against the Hawks).

Agreed...well almost ... I would have stopped at "I thought his comment was rather unintelligent .."

Pretty much sums him up .

A lot of people seem to have gone very quiet on this subject?

Probably because many couldn't give a flying f...

I don't

• Like 2

He was outstanding today but WCE gave him the ball on a plate. I can't stand the fact that he leaves us and gets a flag, but today reminds me that he is a super player (not the spud everyone says just because he left us) and he played well in a great team.

• Like 1

The AFL got his one dead right. The players wanted FA so they had more options but it's terrible for club supporters. All they can provide to us is hope and hope in the AFL means draft picks.

The problem is that it created a weird precedent where clubs like Carlton this year would be better off to trade free agents and get more picks and therefore it motivates teams to loose. At least it worked in our advantage before they wised up.

But it's not a great look that a player leaves a struggling club for more money and 12 months later plays in a premiership.

In the 80s Robbie Flower kept this clubs supporters going. Can't see that sort of thing happening in the future, which I reckon is really sad.

He played well today but it's not hard to play full back when the opposition is so pressured, frightened, weakened and plays with as little skill as West Coast did today.

It was a 22-man effort that led to Kennedy being as useless as he was today, though Frawley played well when he needed to.

Clearly he did the right thing and he's been vindicated for it, and it ended up working out for us too, but it doesn't make it any easier to watch one of the few players we got right at the draft table, did well enough in developing to make AA, and around whom we thought we saw a future, walk out when the opportunity arose to piggy back off a dominant powerhouse to a flag.

• Like 7