GAME DAY - Round 22

Whispering_Jack

I'm inspired by the ministrations of Positive Peter and his preview of the penultimate game of the season.

I just hope the players follow suit and take note of how the supporters of the club have rallied with enough auras of positivity to stretch across the Nullarbor following coach Paul Roos' comments about how we were causing the players to drop marks, miskick the footy and handball poorly.

Never again.

I'm confident of a big day today.

• Like 3

Freo will cruise to a win, we simply don't have the cattle to go with their big bodied mids and tall strong defenders.

We simply don't have the cattle.

But, I'd like to see an effort akin to Essendon's last night....make Freo work hard for their impending win.

• Like 3

Freo will cruise to a win, we simply don't have the cattle to go with their big bodied mids and tall strong defenders.

to say nothing of the poor scarred diddums who cant string 4 qtrs of decent footy together.

Would be wiser to just forfeit ; save the money and put it to paying out the sookilalas.

There have been a few games this year i could hardly have cared less about but this one probably wins.

Memories of 186 about to be erased with a total annihilation.

I take no joy in that. I take no joy from this club at all.

Might take up bowls ...

Very disappointed in this season. Am a fool for thinking we could amount to anything.

Will be otherwise busy today. Might check the scores...still a bit of stupidity left !!

Go Dees...some need to go further than others :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Doubt it will be a thrashing partly because of our collective positive thoughts :rolleyes: and partly because Freo want no injuries.

They will get a big lead, put the cue in the rack and preserve older/key players on the bench.

Effort, respect for the Captain's 200 and play it out to the end are not negotiable today.

• Like 3

Not watching today.

Still angry about the game last week, but the interviews afterwards cut me far deeper. Chunk looked so defeated, so exhausted. Its downright depressing and has been for weeks.

Id be surprised if we got anywhere near 50 odd points of them.

Another [censored] weak start will all but crush any chance of a win next week.

I really hope Roosy cleans out the chaff come off season. Be as brutal as necessary.

Wont be watching this lot until next year

I am completely cooked and devoid of care

But I am still not sending out any negative vibes Perish the thought Paul!

• Like 1

I think we'll see some effort today, but a 6 or 7 goal loss. Surely the players can pull something out for Jonesy, plus I wouldn't expect Fremantle to over exert themselves unnecessarily.

They might even call it 'respectable'.

We've got this one. Recently we haven't remembered to start playing till about 4pm in Melbourne. But that is 2pm in WA so we'll be ready to go when the match starts today.

Edited by sue
  • Like 3

Not much to look forward too, couldn't even be competitive against Carlton rather than Freo.

It's going to be greasy conditions with the odd shower of rain passing through. Can't see it being completely dried out before this arvo.

Expect a scrappy, low scoring game.

• Like 3

Honourable loss coming up I reckon, and that'll be treated like a win by the club.

Dpeends what you mean by honorable.. if we can keep it under 30 points I think we'd all be stoked

We are playing the ladder leaders in Perth and everyone experts us to lose by 100+

a repeat of the last 3 weeks - absolutely smashed and embarassed in the first half then a false semi-comeback as the opposition rests on their laurels

just looking at the team sheet ... Garland, Howe, MJones, Michie, Cross, ANB, Garlett, Spencer, OMac, Gawn, Watts, Stretch, Newton and Grimes

That's 14 blokes who are either ineffective kids or seniors who are guilty of some atrocious footy this season. No reasonable person could expect a decent performance out of any of them to be quite blunt.

the line should be around 100 for mine

• Like 1

Dpeends what you mean by honorable.. if we can keep it under 30 points I think we'd all be stoked

We are playing the ladder leaders in Perth and everyone experts us to lose by 100+

Personally, I'll never be 'stoked with a loss'. I'm always disappointed, even when there was no expectation that we'd win. 30 points is a bit easier to handle than 100 though.