THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

I hope WADA & CAS take the situation a lot more serious than worksafe does....

I know what you mean, but personally, I'd rather Worksafe took issues more seriously than WADA. While what WADA looks at goes to integrity of a competition, Worksafe is meant to protect the health and wellbeing of individuals which has to be more important than the health of a game.

• Like 3

I know what you mean, but personally, I'd rather Worksafe took issues more seriously than WADA. While what WADA looks at goes to integrity of a competition, Worksafe is meant to protect the health and wellbeing of individuals which has to be more important than the health of a game.

but clearly it doesn't.

Oh to be the CEO of worksafe

"Another champagne?"

"Most definately...."

They just said on the news that this now opens it up for players to be able to sue the club so it will be interesting to see if anyone is brave enough to take them on

• Like 3

As is usual in these types of cases, the authority has to lay charges that will actually stick. It would be a waste of taxpayer's funds going to court with wishful allegations that have no chance of being proven.

You'd also need to find out what the maximum fine was under the legislation when the offences were alleged to have been committed (the maximum is now over $1.3 million). This is a matter of State legislatioin, so don't necessarily blame or slander WorkSafe as being remiss.

As every politician knows (or should know), don't start a Royal Commission unless you know for sure what the outcome is going to be. There's no way I want there to be a Royal Commission given I have no idea what's been happening at any club, but specifically ours.

Actually.. I disagree if the only reason is youre concerned for us ? Im more concerned for the players and the game..Who ever is naughty, doesnt matter who, needs to face the music...just saying

Totally agree . Essendon have undertaken an ILLEGAL activity, not just one against rules of a sporting code.

I reckon WS were knobbled.. Greater powers at play here :rolleyes:

This is lip service only

Totally agree . Essendon have undertaken an ILLEGAL activity, not just one against rules of a sporting code.

I reckon WS were knobbled.. Greater powers at play here :rolleyes:

This is lip service only

In fairness what else could they do? If there are no records and no one has given them evidence of what they took all they can do is fine the club for not keeping records. Personally I think the Directors are culpable as well as Doc Reid - who should IMO never be allowed to practice again.

• Like 3

In fairness what else could they do? If there are no records and no one has given them evidence of what they took all they can do is fine the club for not keeping records. Personally I think the Directors are culpable as well as Doc Reid - who should IMO never be allowed to practice again.

Im sure there ARE avenues of investigation that have been considered but there's no political will to do so.

There are always choices... WS have gone with OD's wet tram ticket...It's an indictment on the hypocrisy of real care

• Like 1

Bonus smack in the head.

Morons.

Well this is disappointing:

"The Bombers will be forced to the Melbourne Magistrates Court and are set to face a maximum $305,000 fine."

"It is understood no Essendon directors or staff will face punishment."

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/essendon-charged-for-failing-to-provide-safe-workplace-during-2012-supplements-saga/story-e6frf3e3-1227601416925

That was always going to be the case, including Hird and perhaps Goodwin. Worksafe has far more severe sanctions on a personal level for players coaches administrators. With CAS/WADA/ASADA, you can only get suspended from the sport. With Worksafe, there are at least potentially criminal sanctions. We shall see what eventuates, but it is in the very least interesting timing for this announcement on behalf of Worksafe.

Also try this...

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/worksafe-charges-essendon-20151109-gku1rq.html

Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 2

But will they go there DEES2014 ?

I actually doubt it it. Too big a can of worms.

Do i wish it opened? Of course

nah, a deal has been worked out (as usual)

essendrugs were too quick to publicly accept work cover's charges\

go quietly and we'll minimise the hurt

• Like 5

nah, a deal has been worked out (as usual)probably concur. There's a game afoot and Little and Large know it.

essendrugs were too quick to publicly accept work cover's charges\

go quietly and we'll minimise the hurt

I was going to post a comment to one of your earlier observations, but I think the site was down for a couple of hours, at least on my iPad!

Basically, I think it is too early to tell what WS will do. The fact that they a have come out now, a week before CAS is curious to say the least, especially as their timing would indicate that any pronouncements from them will be post the CAS judgement. My previous advice was that they (WS) were waiting for guidance from the CAS verdict and this may still be the case. If it is disastrous for the AFL and Essendon at CAS (which I think it will be) then this will not only give WS cover to do a proper job on Essendon in the face of considerable hostility from the premier and the State Government (including the Governor) but also open up a litany of private legal cases against Essendon, the AFL, and Hird personally which will still be in the system in five years time.

Either way, the next month is going to look awfully bloody for Essendon and the AFL IMHO.

What do you think will happen?

Grant Baler in the Hun has written an article pointing out that we may actually be only at the tip of the ice berg. Am on a phone so can't post link (don't know how) but worth a read although it doesn't say much we don't know. Surprised it got past his boss!

• Like 1

Hal Hunter has been trying for a while now.

Hal Hunter is not actually suing the club. He has taken his former employees (the EFC and the AFL) to court with the aim of getting a release of documents detailing not only what he was injected with (he was not one of 'the 34'), but what all players were injected with.

The reason he wants all details is in the event that another player suffers some illness down the track.

Related: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1300&dat=19861216&id=zq4yAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2pMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3244,3422065&hl=en

Richard Bryden was a former colleague of mine who developed cancer after being given a BCG injection {'anti TB') at school.

The first issue of tram tickets is taking place.

Plenty left in the book.

Ah, yes Old Dee, but the question is: is it a wet or a dry ticket?

Fox Sports last night added to their report that Essendon had 'co-operated' with the investigation and 'agreed to' the charges. I presume the EFC believes it's going to be a wet one. They may be wrong (hopefully they are) but so far you're ahead of the field ... again.

Hal Hunter is not actually suing the club. He has taken his former employees (the EFC and the AFL) to court with the aim of getting a release of documents detailing not only what he was injected with (he was not one of 'the 34'), but what all players were injected with.

The reason he wants all details is in the event that another player suffers some illness down the track.

Related: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1300&dat=19861216&id=zq4yAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2pMDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3244,3422065&hl=en

Richard Bryden was a former colleague of mine who developed cancer after being given a BCG injection {'anti TB') at school.

It's an absolute disgrace that Essendon is unwilling to provide confirmation to its players as to what they were injected with. I understand the need for Essendon to try and keep this information secret due to the charges they are facing, but surely it is a player's right to know what the club has put in their body. If they have learned anything at all from this saga, surely it is that player safety needs to come before the club. Unfortunately, it seems that isn't the case.

Tanking doesnt undermine player heath........300k = joke..

...and tanking was not in breach of any specific rule of the AFL at the time, and certainly not in violation of international sporting regulations, nor in contravention of the Helsinki Accord of Human Experimentation.