Sam Newman's comments on Mitch Clark

Moneider96

Agree 100% 'Macca', I'm over this Clark, Scully, Frawley stuff.

It's probably a symptom of where we are as a club that we can delight in someone else's downfall.

Not that I wish them success, I most surely don't but they don't need to take up any of my mental space. I have enough trouble dealing with my own teams misfortunes to be too concerned by these outsiders.

The new rules of free agency created a situation where players see themselves as commodities. What many couldn't have foreseen is that that type of thinking would extend itself to out of contract or even contracted players. Unintended consequences (although other sports around the world have these sorts of patterns)

It's no real surprise to me what has happened with regards to player movement so I'd rather look at how it all works from a more practical viewpoint. In other words, we need to make our club a club of destination and if a player still wants to go, get the best deal done.

There's nothing to stop our club from becoming one of the main players in securing talent. We just need to be ahead of the game and resourceful. Roos is good at spotting talented players who are looking for opportunities elsewhere ... he now needs to go after a few free agents as well (A grade midfielders if possible ^_^) Drafting as we all know by now is hit and miss.

Apparently Clark was getting sledged on the footy field Monday and had a cry to his new club about it.

Clark is as weak as [censored], l work in Mental Health and dealing with people with depression on a daily basis. Clark isn't depressed, he just cracks the [censored] when things get too hard for him and he does what is known as a 'geographical', he runs away to a new place because he thinks that will fix everything. Leigh Mathews said same thing when he was talking about Clark leaving Melbourne, said he did the same thing in Brisbane, ran because he's weak, can't face up to anything.

This stuff with Lake is the same, moaning and crying over apparently nothing, from what l heard on radio yesterday everyone is at the same consensus that he is making it up for attention. Clark is a weak pathological liar and that is his one problem!!

• Like 5

Clark is as weak as [censored], l work in Mental Health and dealing with people with depression on a daily basis. Clark isn't depressed, he just cracks the [censored] when things get too hard for him and he does what is known as a 'geographical', he runs away to a new place because he thinks that will fix everything. Leigh Mathews said same thing when he was talking about Clark leaving Melbourne, said he did the same thing in Brisbane, ran because he's weak, can't face up to anything.

This stuff with Lake is the same, moaning and crying over apparently nothing, from what l heard on radio yesterday everyone is at the same consensus that he is making it up for attention. Clark is a weak pathological liar and that is his one problem!!

And just how does that not fit the profile of someone with depression/mental health issues? You claim to work in Mental Health, but I would hazard a guess given the language you use in describing Clark and his "condition", that you are not involved in the area of diagnosis or research. What exactly is it that you do in the Mental Health area?

• Like 2

Barrett had the "exclusive" that there was an "incident" (a popular journalistic term to exaggerate and incite something of little consequence) involving Hawks players sledging Clark on Monday. It was never stated that the sledging was depression/illness related, but Barrett left it vague for people to draw this conclusion.

Could just as easily been sledging for the way he royally [censored] us over, but the bleeding hearts all defended Mitch while Sam called a spade a spade.

Never agreed more with Newman in my life but he basically said "fair dinkum, why don't we just ban players from speaking? Will that solve the problem? If he put himself out there after doing what he did then he leaves himself open to criticism on the field."

Then Selwood waffled off some rubbish, clearly rehearsed line about how much Clark has brought to their club, and that their culture allows them to protect and nurture Clark through issues like this (geez, thought he got over those just in time for trade period!). Gibbo claimed ignorance but danced around the issue and seemed mostly unapologetic. They aren't soft at the Hawks and there's a reason they're such a good team. Gibbo would dish it out as good as anyone on the field to throw off his opponent.

In summary, Clark knew this would follow him after what he did and can't cry foul now. Zero sympathy for him. The fact that he went and cried to the club about it just reflects how narcissistic and toxic he is. Everything's all about Mitch and he deserves the red carpet to be rolled out. Classic attention seeker.

Who in Hawthorns backline could sledge Clark for leaving? Frawley, Gibson, Lake?

• Like 1

Exactly.

We're all sitting here arguing over the events of a game where neither team was Melbourne.

When we play Geelong I would hope our players don't sledge Mitch for his illness, until then could not give a stuff.

No need to sledge him for his "mental illness " - sledging him for his lies and duplicity would do nicely.
  • Like 2

IMO a very good analysis of the mans behavioural issues

As a fellow demonlander,Can i get some free help ?

• Like 3

Hahaha biggest load of rubbish I've ever read on Demonland, and I've been through both the Range Rover and Ben Hur eras...

And just how does that not fit the profile of someone with depression/mental health issues? You claim to work in Mental Health, but I would hazard a guess given the language you use in describing Clark and his "condition", that you are not involved in the area of diagnosis or research. What exactly is it that you do in the Mental Health area?

Cleaning out of the rooms and bins within the ward.

• Like 3

I have no problem with whatever opinion anyone holds on MC's behavior but you added that you work in Mental Health and deal with people with depression on a daily basis.

I would like to know in what capacity as every medical professional I have spoken to have given me the same response on Mitch Clark and it has gone like this - " you want me to give you an opinion on Mitch Clark having never talked to him and only getting an insight from 1 minute interviews and what has been written in the paper ?"

I haven't heard one professional who works in the area ever describe any person as "weak as censored" or "cracking the censored's" or as "weak and can't face up to anything".

Again I repeat that I have no problem with your opinion and be skeptical by all means but I don't think your phrasing does the mental health profession any great service.

• Like 2

Interesting that this week was the first time I actually felt almost glad that he's gone. No one but his doctors can honestly say if he's got depression but there's no doubt that he's a headcase. Not meaning to be disrespectful to those with mental issues, but there is clearly something in Mitch that is NQR because the way he reacted when things were going pear shaped for the cats is a clear indicator that his mental strength is pretty poor. How will he act if the cats are in the finals and the pressure is truly on?

On a slightly unrelated topic how the the umpire didn't call a free kick against Clark during the one and half minutes that he was clocking his opponent in the jaw while his opponent was holding out his arms or pushing him away is beyond me. It was gutless and pathetic from Clark, he acted like a 12 year old bully trying to act tough. Interesting that there was no MRP fine handed down to him.

Edited by Pates

Maybe Mitch could do something therapeutic like give us back all the money he got and never played for.

Im not a Mitch Clark fan.

but this is the biggest load of rubbish i have read on here.

• Like 2

Last night on FC Caroline Wilson called out Clark on this tweet:

Mitch Clark @mitchjclark · Apr 10

Reports are completely false. Never named Brian Lake. Story blown way out of proportion and I wanna just get on with the footy #mightycats

She said that HFC, GFC, AFLPA had all openly told her that Clark had named Lake as the ‘depression’ sledger. During the discussion it seemed pretty clear that either Clark was not truthful with GFC in the first place or the above tweet is not true.

Either, way a poor reflection on Clark. Doesn't seem an auspicious start at the cattery.

• 2 months later...

The AFL Footy Show ‏@AFLFootyShow 11s11 seconds ago

Up next, @barrettdamian with news on @GeelongCats' Mitch Clark.

Maybe we'll finally get that tell-all interview where he says how much he loves us and how hard it was to leave for greener pastures?

Or announce he wants a trade back to the Dees after Geelong's embarrassing loss a fortnight ago?

Edited by Lamashtu

That's newsworthy? It'd be more newsworthy if he wasn't.

Found the revelation about Greene and Miles not being friends far more interesting. Pathetic stuff from Cameron and, as usual, the MRP.

Edited by Lamashtu