My 3 word player analysis v The Bulldogs

joeboy

Agreed. we really missed him in the second half, as he was that link up player pushing up the ground and presenting Riewoldt style.

Hogan was subbed off in the 4th qtr.

I actually appreciated the efforts you took to present a regular training report for people who weren't as lucky as you,and were employed , so I'd just be interested to know ( in 3 words per player only ) how YOU viewed each player's performance on the day ,and yes I was at the game.

joeboy, my opinion is your 3 word analysis now tends to pander to the noisy minority who still think Grimes, McKenzie, Bail etc are not in the best 22, watched the replays of some of the goals, both Grimes and Bail were involved in the buildup with good decisions and disposals. McKeznie obviously had a specific role, didn't notice him either good or bad

Wouldn't bother giving him the time of day mate, not worth the headache.

Just because you have the inability to debate, it doesn't mean everybody is cut of the same cloth, excellent input from you to the topic on this occasion, down to your usual standard

Edited by The Devil Inside

joeboy, my opinion is your 3 word analysis now tends to pander to the noisy minority who still think Grimes, McKenzie, Bail etc are not in the best 22, watched the replays of some of the goals, both Grimes and Bail were involved in the buildup with good decisions and disposals. McKeznie obviously had a specific role, didn't notice him either good or bad

Just because you have the inability to debate, it doesn't mean everybody is cut of the same cloth, excellent input from you to the topic on this occasion, down to your usual standard

You are an infuriating poster Saty. He didn't ask for your opinion on his 3 word analysis, he asked for you to do the same seeing as you didn't agree with his views. Instead you again trot out the tired old lines that he 'panders' to the noisy minority. No, my friend, you are the one in the minority when it comes to those players.

You are an infuriating poster Saty. He didn't ask for your opinion on his 3 word analysis, he asked for you to do the same seeing as you didn't agree with his views. Instead you again trot out the tired old lines that he 'panders' to the noisy minority. No, my friend, you are the one in the minority when it comes to those players.

I'll try again, it is my opinion, and I basically don't give a flying what you think..........(better ET)

I can post what I like, don't read it

And if you discuss with a lot of supporters, which I do, you will find I am not in the minority, it's just a lot don't post on here because of posters like you, Dazzle and the Steveman who just try and bully everybody else into thinking what they think

• Like 3

I'll try again, it is my opinion, and I basically don't give a flying what you think..........(better ET)

I can post what I like, don't read it

And if you discuss with a lot of supporters, which I do, you will find I am not in the minority, it's just a lot don't post on here because of posters like you, Dazzle and the Steveman who just try and bully everybody else into thinking what they think

Trust me, we all know it's your opinion... but he wasn't asking for that. Joeboy asked you to give your 3 word analysis as you were belligerent about his first post. Either you can't read or you can't give your own analysis.

And your last sentence is absolutely laughable. Seriously, it's laughable. To have a crack at others for supposedly bullying others in to thinking what they think, which is exactly what you have done for years, is your highest point of hypocrisy.

But I am waiting for your 3 word analysis with baited breath.

Clearly Roos is in the minority, as he doesn't share your opininion.

Fact 1. Played just 9 games in Roos 1st season as coach.

Fact 2. Started as a sub in the club's first competitive hitout against Freo. Aside from Spencer, only available player with senior AFL experience to not start on the ground.

Fact 3. Every player has a specific role. That doesn't preclude them from getting involved in the play.

• Like 1

Trust me, we all know it's your opinion... but he wasn't asking for that. Joeboy asked you to give your 3 word analysis as you were belligerent about his first post. Either you can't read or you can't give your own analysis.

And your last sentence is absolutely laughable. Seriously, it's laughable. To have a crack at others for supposedly bullying others in to thinking what they think, which is exactly what you have done for years, is your highest point of hypocrisy.

But I am waiting for your 3 word analysis with baited breath.

Belligerent, you mean I didn't agree with it, gee you are a precious flower aren't you

I think joeboy can answer for himself

I don't bully, I stand up to the keyboard heroes on here, if I have a different opinion, at least I have the kahunas to come out from behind my keyboard, that is why I get to chat to supporters, they know who I am

Clearly Roos is in the minority, as he doesn't share your opininion.

Fact 1. Played just 9 games in Roos 1st season as coach.

Fact 2. Started as a sub in the club's first competitive hitout against Freo. Aside from Spencer, only available player with senior AFL experience to not start on the ground.

Fact 3. Every player has a specific role. That doesn't preclude them from getting involved in the play.

And then he played a full game, sigh

Belligerent, you mean I didn't agree with it, gee you are a precious flower aren't you

I don't bully, I stand up to the keyboard heroes on here, if I have a different opinion, at least I have the kahunas to come out from behind my keyboard, that is why I get to chat to supporters, they know who I am

And then he played a full game, sigh

You told Joeboy you stopped reading after the Dunn comment which btw i thought was a fair assessment. That is such a blunt and rude response that your ego and arrogence goes straight to your head. If people have different opinion you don't stand up you berate them to the point where it is some form of bullying. You are the biggest hypocrit on this website its ridiculous your the only one yet to see that.

I also find it hilarious blokes like Jimmy Toumpas are taking the [censored] out of you at family day. I could only imagine the way you carry on to these blokes on twitter on a daily basis is borderline annoying to the players. No wonder they never ever reply to you. But of course you will tell us they are your mates and its all fun.. pfft keep dreaming you would be the laughing stock behind close doors.

They probably read demonland and see how you carry on and cringe at the thought they have to put up with you at training.

Time to give it a rest mate. You are losing people on here that take great interest your training reports because of your constant put downs.

My analysis about Grimes for all of those that thought he had a bad game, kicked clangers, or was far too "flakey".

Grimes: 91 percent efficient

Yep. Grimes and Matt Jones were both very good yesterday, and certainly in our best. Both suffer from the perceived past indiscretions not allowing them to be as good as their last performance. Which was Saturday, and they played well, got a lot of it, and used it well. They will both be part of Roos squad of 'first selected' each week, whether some can see it or not. As for the oft repeated refrain that Van Demon, Newton, Michie, Brayshaw etc etc 'going past them', most of those usually mentioned have played nil or just a handful of games, so they are UNKNOWNS. Bail didn't see as much ball, but was good when he got it, and McKenzie same.
  • Like 4

I think I can speak for Joeboy here.

I have no concern with you having a contrary opinion to me, however I asked for your 3 word analysis as an indication of why you refused to read beyond my comments on Dunn. Up to this point you've continued to argue against all and sundry but failed to respond to me.

Fwiw I'm still waiting to read where I've got it so wrong that you should be arguing your case so vehemently.

Btw, please remember to restrict yourself to 3 words per player if you do agree to respond.

• Like 2

I think I can speak for Joeboy here.

I have no concern with you having a contrary opinion to me, however I asked for your 3 word analysis as an indication of why you refused to read beyond my comments on Dunn. Up to this point you've continued to argue against all and sundry but failed to respond to me.

Fwiw I'm still waiting to read where I've got it so wrong that you should be arguing your case so vehemently.

Btw, please remember to restrict yourself to 3 words per player if you do agree to respond.

I enjoy your comments joeboy even when I disagree keep up the good work.

• Like 7

I am a fan of Joeboys post and accept them on face value understanding that they are opinion. they are a quick easy read that give you an immediate viewpoint of players performance.

my humble suggestion is that all posters should comment on other posters as if they were addressing the other person face to face. its just to easy and almost cowardly to throw mud around from behind a keyboard. so often posters get derailed due to bruised ego's and really what amounts to childish indignation. personal slanging matches are just tiresome and take away from the good information and opinions provided on this site.

• Like 9

I thought Bail was poor (5k 0H 0M 0T ) on Saturday, Grimes had a solid game and took positive steps forward. Mckenzie(5k 5H 0M 0T ) after being serviceable the week before was sub standard. Bail & McKenzie were in the bottom 6 disposal earners on the ground for us , with all Subs and only Frost bellow them. I would like to know what McKenzies role was and on who ?

I think we should introduce a rule that any response in Joeboy's three word player analysis thread should also not exceed three words.

Starting from........ NOW!!

• Like 2

Those actually at the ground would have seen a definite game plan in action, as distinct from the way the Bullies went about it.

Markedly different approach when playing down wind cf against the wind. Few, if any, long bombs.

Doggies have a gameplan. It's going to cost them goals, but if their forwards can get their act together it might work. They want to play zone defence and counterpunch. I don't think the zone is really viable, as we saw in the first half when our players had the freedom to chip around until they found an opening. When they changed up and went man on man they were far more competitive, but I don't know if they'll do that during the season or stick to their guns and cop the losses. Could be a form of tanking in action.

http://live.fanfooty.com.au/game/matchcentre.html?id=5115

I thought Bail was poor (5k 0H 0M 0T ) on Saturday, Grimes had a solid game and took positive steps forward. Mckenzie(5k 5H 0M 0T ) after being serviceable the week before was sub standard. Bail & McKenzie were in the bottom 6 disposal earners on the ground for us , with all Subs and only Frost bellow them. I would like to know what McKenzies role was and on who ?

I don't know where your stats come from but I have Bail with 5K 2M & a behind from 57% playing time and NO clangers.

And McKenzie with 5K 5H 1M 1T 2CP and 2 clangers from 52% playing time.

I think Paul Roos knows what we get from both players and when HE decides they get less time on the ground it will be for a reason.

In the mean time ALL our players need some lovin, a Maggot.

Before anyone starts on Jordie; Tyson and H had 4 clangers each.

I'm just sayin'

Edited by dworship