• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

No Danger?

Whispering_Jack

I don't get why we would rule ourselves out so early in the process.

I get we don't want to be left at the altar but why not stay in contention a little longer?

Some mature age brides, no matter how sexy, are just far too expensive. Better to focus on the flat chested lass from up the road, who has all the hallmarks of being a late bloomer.

• Like 2

We're paying 100% of the cap?!?!

I don't care how front-loaded the contracts are, it's staggering that we've been able to pay a list that won 4 games last year 100% of the cap.

How can we possibly be paying our players the same as what Hawthorn and Sydney are paying theirs?

You've just said you didn't care what the reason for it was, then you asked what the reason was.

We pay 100% of the salary cap by front-loading. That's why it's silly to say "I don't care how front-loaded the contracts are" - that's *the* way we're paying 100% of the contracts.

If there's one thing I'm convinced of, its that we wont become a solid, high quality, consistent football team if we lump all our luck and talent into just a handful of top-priced players.

Fun player to watch, I hope he stays at Adelaide, they've had enough trouble with departing players lured away by ridiculous offers.

Plus, I like the thought of being able to watch a game where an opposition star turns on a brilliant and memorable performance but we still win, and I really think the Dangerfield/Walker/Adelaide combination can deliver that for years to come. :)

If there's one thing I'm convinced of, its that we wont become a solid, high quality, consistent football team if we lump all our luck and talent into just a handful of top-priced players.

Fun player to watch, I hope he stays at Adelaide, they've had enough trouble with departing players lured away by ridiculous offers.

Plus, I like the thought of being able to watch a game where an opposition star turns on a brilliant and memorable performance but we still win, and I really think the Dangerfield/Walker/Adelaide combination can deliver that for years to come. :)

And building a team via the draft has worked?

There is nothing in the title of this story which is then backed up by a quote from MFC or DF management.

1. Why would his management give anyone a stone cold no when they could use it as leverage later to get him where he wants?

2. Why would MFC be forthcoming to Jay fkn Clark regarding getting turned down.

Hack journalism with ambiguous statements made on guestimates by the author.

come on be honest

what do you want him to say

Yes i am going to MFC ?

of course he is saying no to everyone but will be dealing with everyone when he moves back to Vic

we have been speaking to him for months

And building a team via the draft has worked?

Well...I think we've proven that both of these approaches don't work.

We've tried Plan A, Tilbrook, Templeton, Moore and Plan B, the CS master plan of building via the draft. Now we're into Plan C, the Roos/Jackson plan which seems to be about building a carefully constructed list built on a strong foundation.

If this one doesn't work I'm not sure what Plan D is....

I don't get why we would rule ourselves out so early in the process.

I get we don't want to be left at the altar but why not stay in contention a little longer?

Where have we ruled ourselves out ? The article has ruled us out.

I seemed to recall that Paul Roos had no interest in coaching again and then went on to further say he wouldn't be coaching us and those were direct quotes !

I don't believe anything I read on players going or staying until the ink is dry on a contract. We can all cast opinions and I reckon he will go and it will be for a combination of success and money.

Well...I think we've proven that both of these approaches don't work.

We've tried Plan A, Tilbrook, Templeton, Moore and Plan B, the CS master plan of building via the draft. Now we're into Plan C, the Roos/Jackson plan which seems to be about building a carefully constructed list built on a strong foundation.

If this one doesn't work I'm not sure what Plan D is....

The Amos?

• Like 2

old dee, on 13 Mar 2015 - 4:14 PM, said:

The Amos?

If you can drive your car in and toot the horn when a goal is scored .......I'm in with you Old Dee

If you can drive your car in and toot the horn when a goal is scored .......I'm in with you Old Dee

That will make two of at a match Bossdog.

There are probably a few more like minded souls around.

I reckon we will be looking closely at GWS, we have some senior players, now stockpile top end talent that's a bit younger to strengthen the core that is going to win us our next flag.

hopefully Dom and Sam can convince a few of their GWS mates to come on board, but ultimately, we need to win some more games or it's going to be tough to convince anyone.

I hope they are targeting a Treloar or someone of that ilk, if Danger is out of the equation.

I don't think Treloar will leave GWS, he'd be the target of many sides, we'd have to pay overs in every sense - on the draft table and through the pocket.

I think a more practical target would be one of their (GWS) second tier midfielders. GWS will have one of the best midfields in the competition this year.

They also have the depth depth through their midfield IMO - probably along with Brisbane/Sydney.

We should be targeting that depth, players like Coniglio, Shiel, Kelly. I cannot see Scully even breaking into their midfield after this year.

Scully is going to need to play up to every cent he is earning this year - to even keep a spot in that midfield next year.

Edited by KingDingAling

Id say Hawthorn is.

If the Dorks snaffle Dangerfield at years end it will be time for a Royal Commission into the AFL salary cap I believe. Are we expected to believe that half their list is playing for rookie dollars? Of course they will claim they have room because Sewell or some other veteran has moved on but they were already playing for peanuts anyway if we are to believe their claims that everyone takes a pay cut for the greater good. And to think we are paying 100% of the cap! It just doesn't add up!

• Like 1

I don't think Treloar will leave GWS, he'd be the target of many sides, we'd have to pay overs in every sense - on the draft table and through the pocket.

I think a more practical target would be one of their (GWS) second tier midfielders. GWS will have one of the best midfields in the competition this year.

They also have the depth depth through their midfield IMO - probably along with Brisbane/Sydney.

We should be targeting that depth, players like Coniglio, Shiel, Kelly. I cannot see Scully even breaking into their midfield after this year.

Scully is going to need to play up to every cent he is earning this year - to even keep a spot in that midfield next year.

This Scully chap seems like he might be worth targeting.

I really rate tommlinson, id much rather a few blokes like that than 1.2 million minimum per year it would take to land danger it it's even possible, and then he'd probably do his acl in the nab cup anyways

Some mature age brides, no matter how sexy, are just far too expensive. Better to focus on the flat chested lass from up the road, who has all the hallmarks of being a late bloomer.

In my case she'd probably be thinking along the same lines and rather than a full certificate, would be applying for a 2 year contract with an option to extend.