Christian Petracca - Season Ending Knee Injury

dazzledavey36

Dom Tyson did his ACL in 2013 aswell. Looked fine to me last year.

BUT you seriously have to ask questions about this so called curse. These long term injuries are only happening to our gun players or up and coming stars. You never see any of our depth players get these sort of injuries.

Trengove, Hogan, Molan, Tapscott, Blease, Petracca and even ANB......

Tyson did PCL

Its not all doom & gloom. we have a few kids to blood along the way & too many clogs things a bit.

Petracca will get his chance nesx5 season with more fitness base than Now. & will be right to go from then. he will no doubt spend time with the coaches in the box learning & helping.

this may help a talented youngster to appreciate his chance, even more than he does now.

Very well put OD.

I wish Christian all the best in his rehab & hope he gets himself right for 2016

Now, had it been Tyson, Jones or Hogan I may have pitched myself off the balcony. This is disappointing but not the end of the world.

Whilst I agree, the disappointment is increased a bit because we just don't know how good Petracca's year could've been. Probability says you get enough talented high draft picks in and one of them has a fantastic break out year that inspires fans and team mates alike. But yes, at least it's not of those 3 and the reality is we have to improve with or without whatever Petracca's contribution may have been.

Geeziz DLand has really broken out the violins for this one

Injuries happen. As far as our list is going at the moment we are near 100%

Petracca wasn't in most people's best 22 this year, so there are plenty of other players we should be thankful weren't the ones to go down

unless of course he never plays well again and this is his golden ticket, the big one, the career 'could have been anything' golden ticket

at least we haven't given him dufflebags full of cash yet

• Like 1

As usual Nut you have summarized the position well.

But still Incredibly upsetting and disappointing, even if there is a rational and objective view of it all.

DubDee expresses that raw emotion. I would like to be wise and objective about it but to hell with it.

This is an emotional game and this is a serious injury for a club that needs everything going for it.

• Like 3

I've absolutely had a gut full of this s#it... Why can't something go our way for once. How many blows does this club have to take ? Hogan missing last year was enough. Toumpas having 2 hips operated on, Trengove stuffs his foot, tapscott bloody slips on a sprinkler head in his first pre season and never recovered... Why does this stuff happen to us

Cheezus Just when I thought shhheit things are looking up.

F*#! all this talk of Curse, I am not superstitious, but sheeit when is our luck going to change!

Cheezus I'm Ropeable!! Grrr

Seriously peed of!!

As usual Nut you have summarized the position well.

But still Incredibly upsetting and disappointing, even if there is a rational and objective view of it all.

DubDee expresses that raw emotion. I would like to be wise and objective about it but to hell with it.

This is an emotional game and this is a serious injury for a club that needs everything going for it.

Get your head up Ernie there is lots to look forward to in 2015.

We have not even started the first quarter yet.

• Like 2

Geeziz DLand has really broken out the violins for this one

Injuries happen. As far as our list is going at the moment we are near 100%

Petracca wasn't in most people's best 22 this year, so there are plenty of other players we should be thankful weren't the ones to go down

unless of course he never plays well again and this is his golden ticket, the big one, the career 'could have been anything' golden ticket

at least we haven't given him dufflebags full of cash yet

He was certainly in my best 22 for sure!!

Oh well, there you go, better off drafting duds, they never get injured, play consistently every week without fail..

Edited by bluey
  • Like 2

I feel sick .... but Roos probably wouldn't have played him straight off the bat. He will come back fitter (insert other platitudes here)....

Nope that doesn't help, I still feel sick.

• Like 3

Christian's football career has been seriously thrown into doubt with one of the most serious injuries any mid could get.

I hope the club has the right people around him for what will be a long, frustrating year. I don't know how I would deal with this injury and what the prognosis is.

Whether he can come back in 2016 and have the confidence in his body needed of a mid, is yet to be seen.

Good luck young fella.

Utter nonsense. ACL reconstruction is as common as muck, and it is still very unusual for players not to make a full recovery. I rehabilitate dozens per year, and it's a streamlined process now.
  • Like 13

Jack Trengove, who knows a thing or two about resilience has already tweeted he is going to look after him

Christian regards himself as a forward first and a mid second by the way

Good to hear TDI. Trenners will relate to Christian.

BTW, if Christian regards himself as a forward, he'd better polish up his kicking. I have seen him goal shooting at the end of 2 training sessions and he would be lucky to be 50/50 at 45 metres under no pressure.

I wish him well, and hope that if it is a forward he will be, he will use his time later in the year to practice doing what forwards are paid to do. His junior days as a ruck rover type were how he made his name and missing targets was not such a big deal when you got 35 - 40 possessions a game.

Utter nonsense. ACL reconstruction is as common as muck, and it is still very unusual for players not to make a full recovery. I rehabilitate dozens per year, and it's a streamlined process now.

If by muck you are referring to mud, not very common here Webber, hasn't rained much here for a good few months.

I felt sick when I heard this. Poor kid.

Even when we've been going so woefully bad, I still got some joy watching a few young fellas come through, even though really good ones have been few and far between.

Petracca was the most likely to get a game early, I could see him playing maybe 15 games this year mostly in the forward line.

Pray Hogan stays healthy, up front we're in some strife again this year if he has any issues with his back.

• Like 1

If by muck you are referring to mud, not very common here Webber, hasn't rained much here for a good few months.

Common as dust?

• Like 1

Good to hear TDI. Trenners will relate to Christian.

BTW, if Christian regards himself as a forward, he'd better polish up his kicking. I have seen him goal shooting at the end of 2 training sessions and he would be lucky to be 50/50 at 45 metres under no pressure.

I wish him well, and hope that if it is a forward he will be, he will use his time later in the year to practice doing what forwards are paid to do. His junior days as a ruck rover type were how he made his name and missing targets was not such a big deal when you got 35 - 40 possessions a game.

No, he made his name as a forward and only last season pushed into the midfield to show he had more strings to his bow when he went into the draft.