• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

Perhaps interesting (for us) BF post from the Carlton supporter who seems to have direct contact with the case and/or ASADA. He was the one that posted the now-famous/deleted copy of part of the ASADA brief over at Bigfooty:

"There is a view on here that the investigation stopped after the interim report. Obviously that is rubbish. However, it is also rubbish that the investigation stopped after infraction notices were issued. They had enough evidence, in their view, to get a successful outcome but of course they would not stop to attempt to strengthen their case. I am sure, even now, ASADA are still investigating, I understand that they had investigators at Melbourne and my club in the last few days and were interviewing individuals at those clubs."

There are a number of clubs at risk still, so potentially there is truth to this. Hence one of the reasons IMO why the AFL aren't pushing for severe penalties on the EFC players.

There are a number of clubs at risk still, so potentially there is truth to this. Hence one of the reasons IMO why the AFL aren't pushing for severe penalties on the EFC players.

and watch asada appeal if their(Wada) is not happy with the penalty if players are found guilty

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/vfl-midfielder-banned-two-years-for-doping-20130207-2e1ko.html

Edited by Satan

Which I like to bring up why Eddie McGuire has been so silent on the issue? Not like him to be shy and retiring.

• Like 4

Problem with that is that previously it was reported that Melbourne had been investigated and cleared. The allegation regarding Jack Trengove was that he had been implicated because Dank had recommended a cream containing AOD9604 which ASADA CEO has subsequently informed would not be the subject of further investigation so the above claim sounds a bit suss to me.

My understanding is that we were cleared by the AFL. I don't know that ASADA ever have to officially close (or even open) an enquiry. Perhaps tying up some loose ends, perhaps doing more snooping re Dank, hard to say. AOD as a cream was always legal in any case (as I understand), so if that's all it was, regardless of anything else, JT should be fine. If that wasn't the case, he'd already be facing charges of some sort - well, you would think.

But as you say, of course, this could be complete BS. However, the poster does seem to be precise in what he posts (which isn't much), and he's one of the few that comes across as having at least a little insight into what's going on behind the scenes.

Which I like to bring up why Eddie McGuire has been so silent on the issue? Not like him to be shy and retiring.

I've read a few posters who seem to think there was some fishy stuff going on at the Lexus Centre in 2010. Remember the drug testers following Dane Swan to Arizona and Swan cracking it for being woken up for samples at the cracks of dawn. If I remember the inference was that there was recreational drug issues but perhaps it was something more sinister.

I've read a few posters who seem to think there was some fishy stuff going on at the Lexus Centre in 2010. Remember the drug testers following Dane Swan to Arizona and Swan cracking it for being woken up for samples at the cracks of dawn. If I remember the inference was that there was recreational drug issues but perhaps it was something more sinister.

At least Swan was found unlike Jordan Bannister whose hotel booking was under his room mate and ASADA couldn't find him so it was deemed a missed test, 3 missed tests equals positive result, and he got banned.

Australia President Slams Uneven Treatment

At least Swan was found unlike Jordan Bannister whose hotel booking was under his room mate and ASADA couldn't find him so it was deemed a missed test, 3 missed tests equals positive result, and he got banned.

Athletics]Australia President Slams Uneven Treatment

The article refers to Jarrod Bannister who was a javelin thrower, not Jordan.

The article states the room was booked under an Athletics Australia group booking, not his room mates name like you state.

Jordan would be a very happy umpire reading your post...

WJ pointed out a while ago that a possible reason why Eddie had a problem with commenting about the Essendon was because he held a position on the board of one of David Evans' companies.

• Like 1

The AFL hasn't been clean since 2012, its sickening.

That recently?

I suspect it goes waaay back.

The Eagles burst on the scene in a pretty big fashion back in the 80's and brushed all aside. Hadn't seen anything like it until Geelong became a power (in more than one sense of the word) though have always wondered about the Hawks in the 80's too.

When one team suddenly presents as bigger, fitter & stronger than all the others, its as if they are a new species of human, or they had assistance. Superior skills I can put down to drafting but who could predict through drafting sudden massive future growth unapparent at draft time?

• Like 1

The article refers to Jarrod Bannister who was a javelin thrower, not Jordan.

The article states the room was booked under an Athletics Australia group booking, not his room mates name like you state.

Jordan would be a very happy umpire reading your post...

Got my Bannisters mixed up.

Banned for not providing a room number: a case of third time unlucky for Jarrod Bannister

At the end of the day it makes no difference what the AFL does. Any penalties are ultimately in the hands of WADA even though local sporting judicial tribunals hand out the initial finding. Any playing dead by the AFL is therefore ultimately superfluous.

Edited by Dees2014

At the end of the day it makes no difference what the AFL does. Any penalties are ultimately in the hands of WADA even though local sporting judicial tribunals hand out the initial finding. Any playing dead by the AFL is therefore iltimatrly superfluous.

Except for the extra delay before the WADA axe fell. Another year and a few more players get too old, the list is turned over even more. In the meantime, EFC never have to field a too weak team (except during the NAB cup). That is a win for the AFL.

Except for the extra delay before the WADA axe fell. Another year and a few more players get too old, the list is turned over even more. In the meantime, EFC never have to field a too weak team (except during the NAB cup). That is a win for the AFL.

Isn't that called Tanking when you substitute players with inferior players.

It just goes from bad to worse.

Athletics]Australia President Slams Uneven Treatment

The President of Athletics Australia who slammed the concept of different punishments within world sport is David Grace QC who happens to be representing the majority of the 34 players in the anti doping case currently before the AFL Tribunal. David is of course arguing that the players are not guilty as charged but if the Tribunal comes up with an adverse finding he's going to be in a position where he would be arguing in favour of penalties that IMO would be embarrassing to ask for. International athletes found guilty in these circumstances often lose their medals, prize money and routinely are barred from competing for 18 months to two years.

Looking at recent cases affecting our sport, we have VFL player Wade Lees 18 months for mistakenly purchasing a weight reduction supplement that was banned (he never received the order, let alone used it), St. Kilda's Ahmed Saad 18 months for mistakenly taking a supplement which was banned if it was in the system on match days. Then there's Jarrod Bannister 20 months as above.

The signals from the Essendon camp and their media groupies are that if found guilty, they will be getting six months backdated as far as possible to make this a Claytons penalty for a year long systematic injecting regime.

Welcome to Planet Bizzaro!

• Like 4

The President of Athletics Australia who slammed the concept of different punishments within world sport is David Grace QC who happens to be representing the majority of the 34 players in the anti doping case currently before the AFL Tribunal. David is of course arguing that the players are not guilty as charged but if the Tribunal comes up with an adverse finding he's going to be in a position where he would be arguing in favour of penalties that IMO would be embarrassing to ask for. International athletes found guilty in these circumstances often lose their medals, prize money and routinely are barred from competing for 18 months to two years.

Looking at recent cases affecting our sport, we have VFL player Wade Lees 18 months for mistakenly purchasing a weight reduction supplement that was banned (he never received the order, let alone used it), St. Kilda's Ahmed Saad 18 months for mistakenly taking a supplement which was banned if it was in the system on match days. Then there's Jarrod Bannister 20 months as above.

The signals from the Essendon camp and their media groupies are that if found guilty, they will be getting six months backdated as far as possible to make this a Claytons penalty for a year long systematic injecting regime.

Welcome to Planet Bizzaro!

WOW

David Grace is displaying the finest attributes of the legal profession in representing a client.

I would find it extremely conflicting to represent the players unless

1 I was certain they were innocent and

2 I had told them that they are likely to be dealt with heavily if they are found guilty.

Quite frankly Grace is a disgrace.. A faustian convert if ever.

He should resign his Aths position immediately.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but nonsense. The longer this goes on in limbo the longer ultimately will be the penalty.

Let's say that the final findings from WADA and CAS aren't confirmed until mid year , say July. This means that the players with infraction notices will not be able to play until then. Let's also assume the CAS penalties are two years. This means the penalties will most likely be dated from July 2015, meaning none of the players will be eligible to play until July 2017, by which time a number of them will be due for retirement.

It is ironic,all this stuffing around by ESSENDON, Hird, and the AFL just adds to the pain of ESSENDON. The Hirds and Little are hugely culpable in this. WADA is very much aware of this and are constantly amazed how self interested and selfish all the parties are who are involved in this.

It will not stop them from imposing the harshest penalties possible though. For them it is a test case for the rest of the world, one they simply HAVE to win.

• Like 3

2014.. I thinks Sue's point is the longer it drags on the more time the EFC have to develop the replacements.

Problem with that is that previously it was reported that Melbourne had been investigated and cleared. The allegation regarding Jack Trengove was that he had been implicated because Dank had recommended a cream containing AOD9604 which ASADA CEO has subsequently informed would not be the subject of further investigation so the above claim sounds a bit suss to me.

It could be Goodwin they are talking with 'Jack'.

• Like 1

2014.. I thinks Sue's point is the longer it drags on the more time the EFC have to develop the replacements.

But it is not a win for the AFL as Sue suggests. I would have thought it is in the interests of the AFL, and Australian football in general to get this over as soon as possible. All this carry on just delays it, and delays the day when the competition will return to normal.

There is no advantage to ESSENDON in delaying this, in spite of what some on here argue. They get no advantage in so called "developing their list" because they will start from a hell of a way back once this is completed, a situation they will take e decade or more to recover from.