Jack Trengove re-injures his navicular (2014) - trade deal off

Wiseblood

They sure as hell are as of 2014, but as juniors? Really?? Cause Scully had huge wraps on him a year out from being drafted & Trenners was supposedly the best SA junior since Buckley.

Yep, the hype surrounding Scully & Trengove (and Martin) was enormous - and not just amongst Demon fans.

Interestingly, there was virtually no talk of trading either of our picks back then (it was only 5 years ago) ... more and more people are coming to terms with drafting kids and we're likely to see more trading of picks in the future.

The league having 18 clubs brings more immediate needs. Some clubs will just recruit to become relevant in the short term - the slow rebuild will become a thing of the past.

I think winners but its so hard to judge.

Trengove & Clark haven't played many games in 18 months. Frawley hasn't been his best & then you never know what you're getting from the draft.

I happy to set us up for 10 years with picks 2 & 3. I think Petracca & Brayshaw are rated a lot higher than TS & JT.

Could go either way with a win or loss, but we have to get it right eventually.

They are at the moment as others have said based on junior form and remember just how good we looked in 2010 we looked to have a great balance of experience with youth was it Bruce Mcevanney who said " They are going to be something" about the Dees

Scully and Trenners complimented each other really well in 2010 and Trenners kicked on in 2011, but Scully had made the decision to move, whilst the club made some shocking decision both on and off the field.

The only difference I see with Brayshaw/Petracca and Trengove/Scully is neither Scully or Trenners were clearance kings, on what I have seen in Brayshaw he has the potential to be very good around the clearances. Trenners strength was he had footy smarts and was very quick with his decision making around the middle of the ground and had a good tank to accumulate. Trenners was also a good mark for his size hence the comparisons and hopes for him to be another Bartel. He has been crippled by a foot injury since 2012 and burdens placed on him in regard to the captaincy and also Neelds obsession with turning him into a negating player. Scully was just a running machine who accumulated possessions and ran all day. For a so called gun midfielder though he had little impact on the scoreboard and was very much outside.

Neither of Scully or Trenners had explosiveness in what I have seen in Petracca and he has power which is only going to get better, I loved the hunger I saw in him live and he has a desire to hurt opponents and also has the ability to impact games with his explosive power to break away from backs and kick goals.

So we could end up with an A grader and 1 of Brayshaw and Petracca or we could end up with both, whatever decision we make I'm sure the drafting hindsight genius's on Demonland will complain if we miss out on either of those players and they show great signs at whichever club drafts them

• Like 2

They sure as hell are as of 2014, but as juniors? Really?? Cause Scully had huge wraps on him a year out from being drafted & Trenners was supposedly the best SA junior since Buckley.

The hype on Scully and Trengove was enormous. Much bigger then than Petracca and Brayshaw now. Some people have short memories...

• Like 5

They are at the moment as others have said based on junior form and remember just how good we looked in 2010 we looked to have a great balance of experience with youth was it Bruce Mcevanney who said " They are going to be something" about the Dees

Scully and Trenners complimented each other really well in 2010 and Trenners kicked on in 2011, but Scully had made the decision to move, whilst the club made some shocking decision both on and off the field.

The only difference I see with Brayshaw/Petracca and Trengove/Scully is neither Scully or Trenners were clearance kings, on what I have seen in Brayshaw he has the potential to be very good around the clearances. Trenners strength was he had footy smarts and was very quick with his decision making around the middle of the ground and had a good tank to accumulate. Trenners was also a good mark for his size hence the comparisons and hopes for him to be another Bartel. He has been crippled by a foot injury since 2012 and burdens placed on him in regard to the captaincy and also Neelds obsession with turning him into a negating player. Scully was just a running machine who accumulated possessions and ran all day. For a so called gun midfielder though he had little impact on the scoreboard and was very much outside.

Neither of Scully or Trenners had explosiveness in what I have seen in Petracca and he has power which is only going to get better, I loved the hunger I saw in him live and he has a desire to hurt opponents and also has the ability to impact games with his explosive power to break away from backs and kick goals.

So we could end up with an A grader and 1 of Brayshaw and Petracca or we could end up with both, whatever decision we make I'm sure the drafting hindsight genius's on Demonland will complain if we miss out on either of those players and they show great signs at whichever club drafts them

A well thought analysis/ comparison. I too would be very happy to use our two picks in the draft to pick up Petracca and Brayshaw!

Pick 23 and Trengove to Richmond

Pick 12 to Melbourne

Pick 23 and Conca to West Coast

Pick 11 to Richmond from West Coast

So effectively Richmond exchange Conca for Trengove and improve their draft place by one!

Just got some mail that a trade with JT won't happen. Cant say why just yet as it will identify my source. I believe it to be good though.

That means a proposed larger deal is not working out ... could someone else be put on the table.

Just got some mail that a trade with JT won't happen. Cant say why just yet as it will identify my source. I believe it to be good though.

Because your source is a physio and JT failed his medical?

Edit: just saw WYL post which is essentially the same

Edited by Melbman2

not sure we need to be giving away Toump and Watts and Trengove.. 1 of.. and I think sadly Jack T is the one we should dangle. I look at Jack T and just think he is not that damaging, sad as it is.

To quote every footballer's fav movie, its time "to get busy livin, or get busy dyin" we need to get busy living!

lets chant - relaxation - breath - Ohm, Ohm, Ohm, Ohm

oh my Swami, I've got it, Ω, Watts. he's the One. Ω go west young man, to find the fields of wildflowers, where the sunshines in.

A few posts on BF from (different) Richmond supporters who "have spoken to people": deal is OK/done, but won't be announced today out of respect to Flower's memorial service.

Make of it as you will.

A few posts on BF from (different) Richmond supporters who "have spoken to people": deal is OK/done, but won't be announced today out of respect to Flower's memorial service.

Make of it as you will.

Huddo on SEN suggested as much.

It'll be sad if Trenners goes. Dees fans will always have time for him. He has been rock solid through some terrible years at the Dees.Still think that if his foot gets right he will be a 10 year AFL player.

The trade makes no sense in isolation. What does Pick 12 unlock for the Dees?

• Like 1

It'll be sad if Trenners goes. Dees fans will always have time for him. He has been rock solid through some terrible years at the Dees.Still think that if his foot gets right he will be a 10 year AFL player.

The trade makes no sense in isolation. What does Pick 12 unlock for the Dees?

Whatever it is you would have to think they negotiated it with whoever the third team is before doing the deal to get it. You'd have to think something significant is therefore going to be announced before the end of trade week. I was totally left fielded by the Tyson deal last year and everyone was in a frenzy of theories but no one had that one. So I suspect something like that will happen again. I for one have no idea but I'm guessing that like last year it will be something no one expected.

Edited by It's Time

AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News

25 mins ·

It is understood there has been no progress in talks between Melbourne and Richmond over a trade involving former Demons captain Jack Trengove.

The potential deal would involve Trengove and the Demons pick No.23 being sent to Punt Road in exchange for the Tigers' first-round selection, No.12 overall.

It is understood talks did not progress over the weekend or on Monday.