• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Trengove re-injures his navicular (2014) - trade deal off

Wiseblood

In total disbelief when I first heard the news - feelings of such disappointment that our club would even consider trading a player who has been so loyal and also so central to our belief that we could rise up the ladder once again. I feel like we've been waiting so long to get a few new recruits in and a few more preseasons under everyone's belt and then 'we'll be fine' - we'll see 'improvement'. The same goes for Trenners - we've been holding out hope year after year that this will be his big step forward, that finally he'll overcome his injuries, get back out on the park and really make a name for himself as we all thought that he would after his first season and a half. But for a number of reasons, most of which I put down to horribly bad management of a very young man on our behalf and also on a personal level for himself - simple bad luck - things just haven't happened the way we had all envisaged oh so many years ago.

Trenners has been a beacon of hope for myself over the last 4 years - stayed loyal when everything went belly up, has been a true clubman in the way he has represented the club. And all of this when he is still only now 23 (?). I've read virtually 95% of the posts on here over the past 30 hours or so since the story broke and I'm no closer to knowing how I truly feel about losing a person of this quality from our club. The thing that makes this hard is that we know what qualities he brings to the club on a personality/character level but we're all still so unsure about the actual quality of the player he can be. If he remains as the player he has been in the past 2 seasons then Yes I'd probably trade. But if we believe he's past all his issues due to the diagnosis and surgery of this year (and to a certain extent is owed an opportunity to prove it) - then I'd prefer to keep him as the player he was at 19/20 years of age had so much upside.

Like all of us I desperately want us to improve so I'm open to all possibilities - but at the end of the day I just hope we get this one right. We've had too many FD decisions come back to bite us - it can't keep happening.

• Like 6

what is all this yap about beams he want to go to qld for a reason let the dude go there , no way no how want him at MFC

It's probably just another one of Collingwood's sly rumours, to gain some leverage over the Lions...

Found this on bigfooty..

Is it at all likely we are working behind the scenes with GWS to secure a Dom Tyson type deal? Has anyone of any significance to Collingwood or Melbourne even mentioned Dayne Beams in regards to this?

I did post on here a day or so after the Dees b&f that I had a good chat with Dom Tyson. He fairly much assured me the Dees will be picking up Frost(which he is very good mates with). This was weeks before trade week. He also told me to watch this space in regards to another GWS player(midfield gun - his words, not mine) that we are very much into and trying to get to the club. He did say he is mates with Greene and would love to have him at the club, but didn't say whether he was the player in question. I'm not so sure on this Beams rumour. The Dom Tyson deal came out of nowhere last year, so there is a fair chance a similar deal may be happening.

Interesting I wonder if pick 12 could be packaging up with a pick 3 or 2 for maybe a Dylan Shiel type or Trelor?

If we could get Shiel and Greene for 3 and this pick 12, I'd jump at it. Or even Coniglio and Greene. Add Dangerfield with pick 2 and then you've got a midfield. ;)Pace, hard edge and ball winning ability.

2 and 12 is way too much for Shiel or Treloar

But I think theyd add Sam Frost into a deal like that anyway

As above, I think they're more likely to try and package a player like Greene with Shiel to get the deal over the line. We may not give up Shiel just for pick 3, but Greene's a high draft pick who hasn't really delivered on his potential, so I think packaging him with Trengove's pick 12 makes sense.

Well Dom pretty much said Frost is a lock and another mid was on his way.

I'm inclined to believe GWS will give up almost anything to get Petracca.

Where has this idea actually come from though?

• Like 2

This is the information I've been supplied from someone within the club. Have been off for a few days and haven't been through the thread. Apologies if already posted.

Pick 12 for Trengove is part of a 3 way deal with Richmond and Collingwood.

Pick 3 and 12 are being offered to Collingwood for Beams.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

This is the information I've been supplied from someone within the club. Have been off for a few days and haven't been through the thread. Apologies if already posted.

Beams has continually stated he wants to be traded so he can live near his dad in Qld

If we sign him up to what will be a huge long term contract, we will have to worry about him asking for a trade to Brisbane at the end of every season

I want stability at the MFC not highly paid players who are a flight risk each trade period, like Beams would be

Hope we steer well clear

• Like 3

I would like to think there are some non-negotiable untouchable pillar-of-the-club things. Only let them go if there really is no choice. Even after Ablett and Buddy, you'd think clubs would still want to be able to have some core players locked in in their thinking. Stability counts, in every area of life; ongoing uncertainty is ultimately corrosive...

I'd have thought Trengove would be a lock, for character, especially showing loyalty in our blackest days, and for actual ability (so long as he has now put the injury behind him - and Richmond's interest indicates that they at least are convinced he has).

But Neeld's use of him puts Trengove a long way out on a limb, I suspect. If the general reaction to the thought of Neeld is as strong among the players as it is among Deemonlanders, and all the more so for their having refused to believe it for so long, then having been Neeld's pin-up boy (and that failed so embarrassingly) may be an albatross around the neck that you just can't forget. He can't, and the other players can't either.

Psychologically, distancing themselves from the worst, most abusive and destructive experience perhaps in the club's history, could be a good thing. Grimes too? - but we don't know what the dynamics of the playing group were in those godawful times. Maybe Trenners was aligned too closely with Neeld, all good cop to Neeld's bad cop; and now his departure closes what appears to be still lingering.

All speculation, I know, and without any facts. I'm just trying to look at it from a different perspective that makes trading Trengove consistent with "building culture". A lot of posters here have taken a very unsentimental view of "the cattle". They may be right, but I can't see what "culture" means if you deny it any sense of belonging, any sentiment, any esprit. Roos is here to build culture - I want to know how does this fit with building culture? (And don't tell me "winning culture" - that's just a slogan, and not actually culture.)

• Like 2

I have heard that they want a pick in the 8-15 region in order to pick up Jake Lever, who they do not want to pull the trigger with 2 or 3 on. That said I personally don't like the idea of trading Trengove, but I am certain that Roos has the best interest of the club in his head. So I will back him.... Please just be doing it to get an offer for Toumpas or someone else please!

This better not be true.

I will be spittin chips if it is.

• Like 2

I would prefer two mids and frost is we r giving pics 3 and 12. Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 1

If we could get Shiel and Greene for 3 and this pick 12, I'd jump at it. Or even Coniglio and Greene. Add Dangerfield with pick 2 and then you've got a midfield. ;)Pace, hard edge and ball winning ability.

As above, I think they're more likely to try and package a player like Greene with Shiel to get the deal over the line. We may not give up Shiel just for pick 3, but Greene's a high draft pick who hasn't really delivered on his potential, so I think packaging him with Trengove's pick 12 makes sense.

Greene is a [censored] but is also a star. He averaged 103 SC points this year (38th in the AFL and only Nathan Jones had more for MFC). Shiel averaged 94 (76th in the AFL).

I'm sorry, but I really don't get all the hand wringing over this.

If we need to keep a player who has been loyal to us but 5 years into his career couldn't get a game in a team that finished 15th we've got massive cultural issues. Leadership and culture need to come from the coaches and CEO given the age profile of our list, and one of the ways you instill values in young people with short careers is to remind them that performance is crucial. If you play well it creates a winning culture.

I reckon Jack Trengrove is a ripping bloke, but it's not going to stop me from wanting a better club to support and the development of a new, optimistic winning culture at my footy club.

• Like 3

I'm sorry, but I really don't get all the hand wringing over this.

If we need to keep a player who has been loyal to us but 5 years into his career couldn't get a game in a team that finished 15th we've got massive cultural issues. Leadership and culture need to come from the coaches and CEO given the age profile of our list, and one of the ways you instill values in young people with short careers is to remind them that performance is crucial. If you play well it creates a winning culture.

I reckon Jack Trengrove is a ripping bloke, but it's not going to stop me from wanting a better club to support and the development of a new, optimistic winning culture at my footy club.

He's been out all season with an injury. When fit he has no problem finding a plave in the senior side.

• Like 1

He was dropped when he became injured. Everyone wants to believe that the foot injury has been the root cause of 3 years of bad form but it's only a guess. If he wasn't the captain in 12-13 he could have been dropped then too.

I feel like there is some serious revisionist history going on here. Do we all really think that in one of the most medically scrutinised careers in the world his foot injury was overlooked for 3 years?

I'm backing the club on this.

Beams has continually stated he wants to be traded so he can live near his dad in Qld

If we sign him up to what will be a huge long term contract, we will have to worry about him asking for a trade to Brisbane at the end of every season

I want stability at the MFC not highly paid players who are a flight risk each trade period, like Beams would be

Hope we steer well clear

HH, from what I've heard beams hasn't talked to his dad in years. He was also brought up by his mum. It's all an excuse to rid himself of the dictator at westpac centre.

He's quite happy to go to GWS to be with his best mate Heath shaw.

So if he's quite happy to go to GWS, I'm sure he could also handle staying in Melbourne but playing for a different club.

Not a bad trade but I'm not sure I'd be totally happy with 3 and 12 for Beams. Just me.

Edited by Django
  • Like 2

You're reading rumours from demonland and then reposting them as though they're given truths.

You're doing it on just about every thread.

• Like 2

This better not be true.

I will be spittin chips if it is.

What if Lever becomes a star of the game?

What will you say then.

History will judge this trade if it eventuates, we won't know the sum of it and all we will be doing is what we are doing in this thread - baring our neurosis concerning an aspect of the game we get all too often wrong.

We have to separate the idea of what we hope jack could become to what he's actually delivering.

This is it. And it has applied to a lot of players for a long time. The attitude has to be broken.

Luckily it's not up to the supporters, else we'd be hoarding all our spuds in the hope that they'll be good one day.

When did Dom say this?

Sorry, I haven't been closely following the news over the last couple of days

HH, from what I've heard beams hasn't talked to his dad in years. He was also brought up by his mum. It's all an excuse to rid himself of the dictator at westpac centre.

He's quite happy to go to GWS to be with his best mate Heath shaw.

So if he's quite happy to go to GWS, I'm sure he could also handle staying in Melbourne but playing for a different club.

Incorrect. Beams is pretty close to his old man.
  • Like 1