GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

That's right it was our poor culture, not $7.2m, that made him leave. I feel so sorry for him.

Please never, ever blame the MFC again, for that dishonest individual dumping us.

...a little bit like Gary Ablett leaving Geelong and heading to GC for a new challenge. Nothing to do with the money at all.

I want to look fwd & confident of Roos & co will create a new breed & culture... But FFS when I read comments like this....

I don't know which club you have followed since 08.... But an absolute train wreck was occurring under the snake oil salesman Schwab & Connolly who destroyed the culture & almost our club! As McLean why he left? Ask why the most of the players wanted out before Pj rescued our club & brought some sanity back! Ask Scully what happened on the China trip! Ask what would make Dunns mother ring up a radio station & dump on the club after the 148 loss to essendon... Ask what caused the 186 ...Yeah I'm sure the $$$ influenced his decision but I can assure the environment was deplorable...

Ask Jones, Garland, Grimes, and so forth why they signed on and stayed while the little cry babies left.

How's Brock, Brent & Tom doing at their new clubs?

Port was a mess 3 years ago and on the verge of bankruptcy with no president or coach. Players stuck around, bought it, and they're about to play in a prelim.

So easy to blame the organisation rather than the shite people who made their choices.

I was never a supporter of the old administration, but they aren't to blame for players having a sook, lying or chasing cash.

Roos and Jackson are a dream team, but they couldn't keep Sylvia (shame hey?), and they don't seem to be able to keep Frawley or Clark. It's on the players, pure and simple.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 6

Did I hear someone say Brock McLean left the club because of its poor culture? Is that the bloke who was arrested twice on drink related charges while overseas, who did wheelies on the Trinity car park damaging its asphalt cover, who attended funerals of gangland killers and who jumped ship to a club that tanked three years in a row and told three incredulous interviewers on a football panel show what the blind miner couldn't see? Had nothing to do with the fact that Carlton offered him lots more money and were prepared to give away a first round draft pick to make it happen, did it?

• Like 13

Did I hear someone say Brock McLean left the club because of its poor culture? Is that the bloke who was arrested twice on drink related charges while overseas, who did wheelies on the Trinity car park damaging its asphalt cover, who attended funerals of gangland killers and who jumped ship to a club that tanked three years in a row and told three incredulous interviewers on a football panel show what the blind miner couldn't see? Had nothing to do with the fact that Carlton offered him lots more money and were prepared to give away a first round draft pick to make it happen, did it?

Yeah Rivers now Frawley left the club because of the great culture & fantastic environment ....honestly our club was deplorable & don't blame them for leaving....

What's depressing and sad is just how quickly and aggressively everyone has turned on him. I for one will wait for Mitch Clark to officially announce that he will not be at the Dees before I comment on him

agreed Hellfish.

I think we are in such a position where we need to trade him anyway, to get younger & more players, & salary cap space for all those AA players coming.

Mitch needs to go to a side who will be successful already after these issues, & we need 23- Yr olds & elders.

I'll slap back. And I'm actually on the money with this slap.

Mitch is also an absolute pretender when it comes to his photography.

He's literally a mile off if he wants to make it in the visual arts.

For a start, he has no CV. At all.

Being an AFL player may open many doors, but it doesn't give one immediate credibility in the arts.

For a start, the work I've seen looks hopelessly 'commercial'.

Just sayin' ...

probably just picturing himself in black and white...

i'm comfortable with lumumba for clark

we get a line breaking hbf which we have been screaming for

we lose someone who a month ago we thought was gone anyway, and who would be a huge risk

good win

I'm not...

OK with lumumba, but I want a trade pick for Clark, or free agency compo. Let lumumba come via Pre season draft.

wait on clark as I think there will be many suitors come the trade period; unless a backroom deal has been struck.

I an still see Clark, & Frawley @ Freo together. or for that matter at the Hawks who should have the salary cap space after the buddy show went Nth... the Cats Hawks & Freo are bidding to get better than one another. & Port will need to keep up as well. anticipate the Suns to speak to Frawley as well.

someone mentioned that apparently it's been mentioned in dispatches that clark plus watts for blair, lumumba and pies' 2nd rounder is a possibility.

my response: doesn't solve our myriad of midfield issues.

Why the hell would we want Blair? He's a fringe player at best, wouldn't add anything to our list and is a midget. The only thing in that list that I want from the pies is the pick, and quite frankly not at that sort of price.

• Like 4

and the fact he was playing like rubbish and was reportedly low-balled a contract with his spot in the side in doubt

Where's our Brendan Goddard to speak up that what Collingwood is doing is unethical and encouraging atrocious player behavior?

If this was the other way around eddie would be going absolutely ballistic!

Typical Melbourne we always just roll over and cop it, doesn't matter what it is this club never stands up for itself. Only time I ever remember someone speaking out to show some backbone was Gutnick. Everyone else has just been yellow-bellied softcocks who just cop it on everything from fixtures to third party deals to draft/trades to umpiring and tribunal decisions. It's about time someone stood up and started pushing MFC's agenda.

• Like 4

Typical Melbourne we always just roll over and cop it, doesn't matter what it is this club never stands up for itself. Only time I ever remember someone speaking out to show some backbone was Gutnick. Everyone else has just been yellow-bellied softcocks who just cop it on everything from fixtures to third party deals to draft/trades to umpiring and tribunal decisions. It's about time someone stood up and started pushing MFC's agenda.

Lets wait and see how things pan out 'Gonzo', this mob don't put stuff on whiteboards they tend to get things done.

Roos has an agenda and true to form we won't know about it until it happens.

Just imagine if mitch was a collingwood player eddie would be throwing the greatest tantrum of all time...

things like this don't and won't happen to Collingwood... imagining it happening is useless... They are protected by a massive shield of money and supporters...

Oh and don't expect them to coff up anything descent ether, it won't happen... We will be lucky to get HL, without them(the AFL) forcing us to part with more... We'll get stood on...

Im just hoping that their pillage stops at Clark...

• Like 2

Depression or no depression, Clark is beginning to look a lot like a selfish, self centred [censored] and it's highly disappointing.

Guess this is what you get for helping someone out. A big slap in the face.

I wish him and Collingwood no mutual success.

Ugh, people suck!

So why are't more people on here a little more cinical when it comes to these matters So many jump on the band wagon and unreservedly support the person doing us over How many times people How many times is this club going to get shafted. I think the club should play harder ball.

Edited by jackaub
  • Like 2

So why ane't more people on here a little more cinical when ity comes to these matters So many jump on the bad wagon and unreseredly suuport the person doing us over How many imes people How many times is this club going to get shafted> i think the club shoild play harder ball.

I must be a little naive. I'm still waiting to hear something official from Mitch, his manager or the footy club about MC wanting to move on before I lay the boots in.

The old Asics have been cleaned and polished and are ready to go though.

• Like 3

Yeah Rivers now Frawley left the club because of the great culture & fantastic environment ....honestly our club was deplorable & don't blame them for leaving....

I agree with you that our culture and many other things within the club have been deplorable but I think you may be a little off the money with the rationale for the players mentioned that have left ( are are leaving).

If you had suggested that a couple have left to play at club where there was more guaranteed and immediate success or finals then I wouldn't disagree.

Scully - seriously - I would leave the MFC for a $1M per year over six years. Dress it up anyway you like - it was about money ( actually a semi trailer load of money)

McLean - out of favor and played his last games as a will of the wisp forward pocket. Wanted out - not because of the culture but because he saw the writing on the wall from the then coach

Rivers - went to Geelong for less money and a chance to play finals before retirement - mission accomplished

Frawley - how can you blame the culture for him leaving ( apparently leaving) when the club has actually gone out of its way to address these issues by bringing in culture builders in Roos and PJ ? He is going for cash and "instant success".

• Like 2

I'll slap back. And I'm actually on the money with this slap.

Mitch is also an absolute pretender when it comes to his photography.

He's literally a mile off if he wants to make it in the visual arts.

For a start, he has no CV. At all.

Being an AFL player may open many doors, but it doesn't give one immediate credibility in the arts.

For a start, the work I've seen looks hopelessly 'commercial'.

Just sayin' ...

Sorry RB, but I will have to disagree with you on this one... he is actually a very good photographer and what I like about his photography is that he is always pushing himself. Some of his nicest work is using film as opposed to the more foolproof digital photography. I see absolutely no reason why he couldn't have a successful career if his footballing world fell apart.

It's one thing to be justifiably upset over what he is getting up to football wise, but I'm afraid that snipes at his photography just seem like sour grapes.

but hardtack likes it :unsure:

As you can see from my previous post DC, that is indeed the case. But my opinion comes from my love of photography which is something that I am quite heavily into. I am not going to judge his photography based on his loyalty or disloyalty as a footballer... I separate the two things.

someone mentioned that apparently it's been mentioned in dispatches that clark plus watts for blair, lumumba and pies' 2nd rounder is a possibility.

my response: doesn't solve our myriad of midfield issues.

Throw in Elliot and I'd be all over it.

I reckon we simply contact Mitch Clark and say we are playing hardball to get fair compo or you can walk to the draft and good luck getting past GWS

• Like 1

My housemate brought up the issue of 'if the doctor says it's bad to be at Melbourne, how can you stop him...i.e. a Employee could leave for a different job."

Assuming this is serious advice, I believe we are obliged to allow MC to play at another club.

However, Melbourne operate in a closed market governed by collectively bargained rules, and have a duty to the members to do their upmost to compete against 17 other clubs.

I think it's totally reasonable that if MC cannot play for the dees next year that he be allowed to (on health grounds) play for any of the thousands of footy clubs around the country, just not one of 17 other AFL clubs.

When an amateur player wants to move clubs having played the previous season, he requires clearance from first club. Almost never an issue, but that card is still on the table. MC is contracted and the dees have a lot at stake.

*I'm no lawyer, but this doesn't seem to be 'restraint of trade', he is of course perfectly able to ply his trade.

• Like 1