GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

I spoke with Todd Viney about Mitch today, as we ended up sitting two rows apart at the TAC Cup GF. He watched the game with Goodwin.

Said that "yeah we want Mitch to stay but it's complicated. Just gotta work through some stuff before he makes his mind up."

Make of that what you will, but Todd was not defeatist, and having felt certain Mitch is leaving I said goodbye to Todd surprised that it's not so clear cut as the media makes out.

Also congratulated Goodwin, who got out of his chair, initiated a handshake with me and said "thanks for havin me at your club"

My club! Man, he is a smooth operator!

• Like 27

I stated a while back that I believe Clark is gone ! I will no longer call him Mitch because that was a term of Endearment that most supporters used when describing him

In my opinion no such endearment currently exists

Okay Clark needs to move on . He needs a new Enviroment and supposedly with less stress and angst as these are major concerns for those with depression (at least to my knowledge).

Yet all the talk at the moment is about Clark, Buckley, Collingwood and a trade for Harry Obrien (Heritier Lumumba)

Moving to Collingwood training at the Westpack centre possibly sharing the same car park Melbourne players do with us training at AAMI stadium , yep thats a big change in ones Environment physically.

If he is talking about a change of Environment as far as clubs are concerned , he is looking at going to Collingwood for Godsake.

Leaving the MFC who as far as we all know have done everything in their power to help him and moving to Collingwood is supposedly Positive move how?

Then there are the money issues that are supposedly being thrown around , I know Doctors can be expensive but ?

Last but not Least I can just see Eddie McQuire coming out and saying how Nuturing and understanding the Collingwood football club is . In fact they are already looking at appointing Joffa as Clarks personal attachee .

I feel like I am going to be Violently ill .

The First Game Melbourne plays Collingwood in, I will be there if Clark plays with a bag of Peanuts to Give to him

I am sure he will appreciate the gesture and it wont be too damaging to his Psyche .

Because one thing is for sure he will get a lot worse from the Football Public should he actually do what he is looking to do .

Depression or no Depression he will be stepping back into the lions den .

If Clarkes Diagnosis is depression I would love to see his doctor quantify this decision publicly on how this is could possibly be positive for Clark in dealing with said illness.

So Stalwart can I paraphrase you by saying efff him!

I spoke with Todd Viney about Mitch today, as we ended up sitting two rows apart at the TAC Cup GF. He watched the game with Goodwin.

Said that "yeah we want Mitch to stay but it's complicated. Just gotta work through some stuff before he makes his mind up."

Make of that what you will, but Todd was not defeatist, and having felt certain Mitch is leaving I said goodbye to Todd surprised that it's not so clear cut as the media makes out.

Also congratulated Goodwin, who got out of his chair, initiated a handshake with me and said "thanks for havin me at your club"

Very very interesting. So JJH are you Glen Bartlett?

So Stalwart can I paraphrase you by saying efff him!

I love the fact you get straight to the point BBO!

I think Demonland has jumped on this and run with it. We've still heard nothing from Mitch.

1. Clark stays with Melbourne - hooray

2. Clark decides to quite the game or play VFL only - sad but what we expected

3. Clark goes to another club by way of a reasonable trade or compensation plan - perfectly fine, no issue

4. Clark walks out on the club without any compensation or trade plan - Massive Stink of Much Eat Goatshite

It's a bit of a chore, being emotionally ready for all possibilities, but I'm bringing down the cone of dispassionate observation for now.

• Like 2

The timing in all this is interesting...

We put an application to AFL for "draft assistance" which is meant to be decided tomorrow (monday), which presumably includes a plea based in part on the Mitch Clark situation... assuming the AFL commission have been reading their own rules and watching us play these past few years and give us "draft assistance" of a pick at the start of the second round (approx 19).

• What happens if Mitch then comes back to play for us?
  • What happens with him leaving, will the club he goes to have to trade for him as reported, if so we could get another pick in addition to the "draft assistance" pick?

i suspect the MC situation will clarify rapidly after the "draft assistance" decision is made.

• Like 2

We put an application to AFL for "draft assistance" which is meant to be decided tomorrow (monday), which presumably includes a plea based in part on the Mitch Clark situation... assuming the AFL commission have been reading their own rules and watching us play these past few years and give us "draft assistance" of a pick at the start of the second round (approx 19).

• What happens with him leaving, will the club he goes to have to trade for him as reported, if so we could get another pick in addition to the "draft assistance" pick?

i suspect the MC situation will clarify rapidly after the "draft assistance" decision is made.

"which presumably includes a plea based in part on the Mitch Clark situation" - this is just pure speculation, unless you have a source?

pure speculation though the timing of our submission and the start of the MC saga did coincide, hence "presumably". :)

Edited by PaulRB

pure speculation though the timing of our submission and the start of the MC saga did coincide, hence "presumably". :)

i find it hard to believe they could make a decision including something that isn't even decided

so presumably it wouldn't be included......unless something is decided we don't know about

i find it hard to believe they could make a decision including something that isn't even decided

so presumably it wouldn't be included......unless something is decided we don't know about

We've at least decided that then

I was thinking exactly the same thing leading up to reading your post.

That's just ridiculous. What, prey tell, could Mahoney have put into the separation agreement that would have avoided the current situation? At the end of the day, you can't make players stay, contract or not - look at Paddy Ryder.

Really? How about something like - we'll only give you your money if you don't [censored] us over and go to another club next year?

You can't make a player stay but you sure as hell can make them sit out a year - I'd be willing to burn a PSD2 pick to do it.

• Like 2

Same, blokes a clown.

Vossys comments last week indicate there was always an issue with Mitch and his mental application and taking the easy way out of situations.

I'll back him if he stays but if he goes I'll get my voodoo doll out...

• Like 1

Gee the media dropped this story as fast as it appeared!

Eddie's put the word out to shhhhhhh !!! ^_^

• Like 3