Post Match Masochism - Round 21

Demonland

On a more exciting level, anyone know where I can watch the GF in Mykonos?

Theres a bar there for everyone ,

but you can just watch your GF do it on the telly if you have your own camera.

The hotel will help you out.

As long as there is no intervention order or anything then to each his own I suppose.

• Like 2

Puerile. My son's first game - was hoping for at least something to shout about. He thought Neville Jetta was okay, so did I. Add in Gawn and Jones for effort, the rest were awful.

• Like 3

35 years ive supported this club and the worst part about it is that i didnt even feel any emotion whilst doing it.

attachicon.gif20140817_172742.jpg

and to all the demonlanders that will [censored] about how they dont need a supporter like me... the reality is that you do, you need every single [censored] one....

Drama queen. Easy to do with only 2 games left and none home matches. Feel your pain, but you'll sign up again. If not, you are just a fan, not a supporter.

Theres a bar there for everyone ,

but you can just watch your GF do it on the telly if you have your own camera.

The hotel will help you out.

As long as there is no intervention order or anything then to each his own I suppose.

Jumbo is no Rob Lowe, more like Debbie Byrne.

• Like 1

Drama queen. Easy to do with only 2 games left and none home matches. Feel your pain, but you'll sign up again. If not, you are just a fan, not a supporter.

What's the difference between a fan and a supporter in your eyes though? Can a fan not be as disappointed as a member from the garbage they served up today? Can a fan not say enough is enough? Or is that for members only?

• Like 1

they all kicked poorly against us and we had less scoring shots than all 4 teams in each game

Fluke wins

We are still as bad as 2012/13

You are absolutely right. Particularly Essendrug who missed the most incredibly easy shots from 10m out directly in front. This team is shot mentally and does not have the skills. The seconds are a worry too (no depth). Big turnover of players called for plus more help from the AFL unfortunately.

Absolute bulldust, Moonshadow. I have been a fan/supporter/member for many years but I am very close to not renewing my membership. Many of us follow the Dees for enjoyment and entertainment, not to feel kicked in the cods by half way through every season. If I choose not to renew it is not because I am no longer a supporter, it is because it is my only way of protest.

• Like 5

To those players who are trying to establish themselves on an AFL list...

Salem... I need more than that!

Kent... One or two shots on gaol each game is not enough!

Michie... This club gave you a lifeline!

Barry... Get your hands on the ball!

Gawn... hit the ball to an MFC player!

Don't put it on them, put it on Watts, Grimes, Dawes and co.
  • Like 5

yep love the new jetta

Yes Jetta, Jones held their own and I thought Max tried hard and once he gets his hit out radar right he will be a great ruckman and he showed some agility at ground level I hadn't seen before. Salem showed he is likes a contest but needed to do more. Kent has potential as well as Tyson but that is about it for the glass half full view of that debacle. On a par with anything we dished up under Neeld given we where playing an undermanned side of full of kids. Actually it might be much worse because under Neeld no one knew what they were supposed to be doing, but under Roos they all have a well drilled role to play, yet could not execute. I mean these guys train full time but watching them today at times it looked like it was a scratch team thrown together for a social match.

Where to from here AFL? This club needs draft assistance big time!

• Like 2

What's the difference between a fan and a supporter in your eyes though? Can a fan not be as disappointed as a member from the garbage they served up today? Can a fan not say enough is enough? Or is that for members only?

A fan has passing interest. A supporter puts $ behind their interest, eg, membership. Anyone can cut up their 2014 membership once the home games are finished. Big deal. Like throwing away the stubby after drinking the beer.

im not proud to be a "drama queen' but every year i sign up before the season starts but its different now. with my interest in AFL waining with the ever changing game its gonna be hard to spark my passion one more time....

Dont care anymore.

Had a gutfull. Makes me sad my old man probably never see a flag again. My most treasured memory is barraking for the dees with him from 1998 till 2011.. since then we just don't bother anymore..

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 4

Yet another example of how misguided the argument is that these games are meaningless.

That's as bad as anything we did under Neeld. We've seen this year that we are capable of playing decent football. To then turn up and perform like we did today is absolutely disgraceful.

I am struggling to believe that, in Round 21 of 2014, we are having to go back to discussing which players actually put in the bare minimum effort. To be outrun by a bunch of kids down to 1 rotation is indescribably disgraceful.

A list that, with a few exceptions, is totally bereft of confidence. Heads drop at the slightest sign that a relatively poor side is besting us. Our players have no confidence, no drive, no initiative. The foundations that I thought were there earlier in the year now look shaky.

Roos was terrible today. Turning on him like some are is just misguided in the extreme, but that's not to say his coaching today was any good, as it wasn't. Why move Dunn forward? He was one of about 3 players doing well where he was - moving him forward took him out of the game, and put him in a position he isn't anywhere near as good at. Dunn's second half was a write off. We also continually played into their hands, affording them time and space out the back of the press which is just what they wanted.

• Like 4

I keep trying to tell myself that it's only a game of football, but I'm haunted by the fact that I love this godforsaken club. How long can unrequited love prevail? God knows!

• Like 6

Absolute bulldust, Moonshadow. I have been a fan/supporter/member for many years but I am very close to not renewing my membership. Many of us follow the Dees for enjoyment and entertainment, not to feel kicked in the cods by half way through every season. If I choose not to renew it is not because I am no longer a supporter, it is because it is my only way of protest.

See ya then.

How exactly are you 'supporting' the club by dropping your only real contribution? If you are not a member, you are merely a fan.

Yet another example of how misguided the argument is that these games are meaningless.

I constantly mentioned in the lead up to the game that this was a huge game for the MFC

Some of he smartasses on here laughed it off or sighed

Wonder what they think now

See ya then.

How exactly are you 'supporting' the club by dropping your only real contribution? If you are not a member, you are merely a fan.

A member and a supporter are not interchangeable words. I was a supporter for years before I became a member: went to games, bought a jumper etc... As for "my only real contribution" you are speaking in absolute ignorance of how I support the club. Maybe you just don't have the guts to express how you feel about the club when angry like most of us do.

• Like 3

See ya then.

We're all in the same boat there's no point turning on each other to.take out our anger and frustration. I'll sign up again next year because I'm a tragic but I can't really knock those who are fed up and just can't be bothered anymore. At some point this club has to start showing something to prevent people turning their backs. It's one thing to not give members reward for their support, it's another to completely repel them through your heartless and pathetic performances.

• Like 13