Paul Roos signs for third year

Good news.

Typical MFCSS about the successor and it all being a balls up but Roos is locked in for 2 years. That's sorted now. No more, no less.

There aren't going to be any jobs at top 5 ladder clubs any time soon. There might not be jobs at Ess, Adel, Coll, West Coast or any other financial power house.

If you were an aspiring senior coach you could hold out in hope that Gold Coast or GWS get cold feet and pick you to take over the list at the perfect time. But I'd be keen to work with Roos as his 2IC and then take over a rebuilt club.

and I'm still confident that Scully will stay.

Haven't heard about him all year, who would want him, not even amongst the best at Casey, we pick all the duds.....wait a minute, didn't he retire or something?

PS. Just checked his stats this year, similar to Rohan Bail's dodged another bullet there.

PPS : amongst not in spell checker?

• Like 1

Was never really expecting anything different, when we didn't secure the successor for this year I always felt that Roos would want minimum 2 years with him. Now that that is sorted the hunt for the next in line for the throne really heats up.

Was a no brainer on that sort of coin.

Properties in Hawaii aren't cheap.

• Like 4

I love Roos, very glad. Send Chip to Casey for the rest of the season. We only want hearts that beat true.

Not for me I want wins and there is no one at Casey as good as Frawley.

That thinking does not work in the era of FA.

• Like 3

ho hum.........as if it wasn't to be......really

never in doubt was it DC ...seems many dont quite understand Roos speak :)

Roos for a 3rd year... ...... .... didnt see that coming !!

Maybe next year we can talk about Paul staying on as head coach for years 4,5 and 6?

I mean he's young, we'll be on the rise...

Is anyone really shocked? I mean great news and all but this was a done deal a while back.

I don't think it's impossible that he will stay longer. It's unlikely given how adamant he is about the 3 years, but circumstances can change.

• Like 1

you can certainly do worse than fill the MFC with Cats and Swans personnel from the last decade

Oh, let's go for the full sweep.

A Cat (Thompson &/or Ling)

A Swan (Roos)

A Hawk (Ratten)

And a Magpie (erm... hmmm... let's not, we tried that already)

Watching AFL360 tonight, it was illuminating to see the way Roos jumped in to save Bomber before he went too far when responding to probing from Mark Robinson about the 'Saint James' situation. Bomber was clearly starting to get a bit uncomfortable & agitated but Roos gave him an escape route. Those posters who have commented upon the obvious 'symmetry' between Roos and Thomson May well be 'on the money'.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

PREGAME: Rd 17 vs West Coast

The Demons return to Melbourne in Round 17 to take on the Eagles on Sunday as they look to bounce back from a devastating and heartbreaking last minute loss to the Lions at the Gabba. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

PODCAST: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 1st July @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the Gabba against the Lions in the Round 16. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIV

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 15

VOTES: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over the injured reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 24

POSTGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

The Demons once again went goalless in the last quarter and were run down by the Lions at the Gabba in the final minutes of the match ultimately losing the game by 5 points as their percentage dips below 100 for the first time since 2020. 

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 412

GAMEDAY: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

It's Game Day and the Dees are deep in the heart of enemy territory as they take on the Lions in Brisbane under the Friday Night Lights at the Gabba. Will the Demon finally be awakened and the season get back on track or will they meekly be sacrificed like lambs to the slaughter?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 920

UNBACKABLE by The Oracle

They’re billing the Brisbane Lions as a sleeping giant — the best team outside the top eight —and based on their form this month they’re a definite contender for September AFL action. Which is not exactly the best of news if you happen to be Melbourne, the visiting team this week up at the Gabba.  Even though they are placed ahead of their opponent on the AFL table, and they managed to stave off defeat in their last round victory over North Melbourne, this week’s visitors to the Sunshi

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

WILDCARDS by KC from Casey

Casey’s season continued to drift into helplessness on Sunday when they lost another home game by a narrow margin, this time six points, in their Round 13 clash with North Melbourne’s VFL combination. The game was in stunning contrast to their last meeting at the same venue when Casey won the VFL Wildcard Match by 101 points. Back then, their standout players were Brodie Grundy and James Jordon who are starring in the AFL with ladder leaders, the Sydney Swans (it turned out to be their last

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

LIFE SUPPORT by Whispering Jack

With Melbourne’s season hanging on a thread, Saturday night’s game against North Melbourne unfolded like a scene in a hospital emergency department.  The patient presented to the ward in a bad way. Doctors and nurses pumped life-saving medication into his body and, in the ensuing half hour, he responded with blood returning to his cheeks as he stirred back to life. After a slight relapse, the nurses pumped further medication into the bloodstream and the prognosis started looking good as the

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 19

PREGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

The Demons head back on the road for their fifth interstate trip this season when they head up to Brisbane to take on the Lions under lights on Friday night at the Gabba. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 381
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!