GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Frawley agreed to a club last year (which I think he did) it would be nice if he had the courtesy and balls to inform the club and its supporters.

I would have a lot more respect for the player if he was honest and upfront to the club/supporters rather than dodging the questions and making himself look like a liar.

Whatever, he's gone.

First of all...not sure what either party gains from agreeing to a deal last year.

Secondly, even if he did, he would absolutely cop it if they announced it before the season. Look at some of the disgraceful, personal abuse our players cop on here.... and they are giving 100% and committed. Imagine if someone wasn't.

Thirdly, if he does stay (which I still believe is a chance) there have been some silly people saying some silly things around this place.

I don't want it to become like the NRL where players are telling club's they're leaving before the season's out. It's amateur hour.

And Frawley wouldn't come out and say he's agreed to anything because you can't talk about or accept other offers personally while you're still under contract.

If Frawley agreed to a club last year (which I think he did) it would be nice if he had the courtesy and balls to inform the club and its supporters.

I would have a lot more respect for the player if he was honest and upfront to the club/supporters rather than dodging the questions and making himself look like a liar.

Whatever, he's gone.

I'm pretty sure that's what they do in the NRL and I always thought it was bizarre. A player committing to another team but still playing with his current one.

After the introduction of free agency though, that arrangement all makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

Why do you have to say no offence..??? Frawley... If he is worth $800,000.00 then Vince, Dunn N. Jones etc would be worth 2 million !! Where does Frawley show anything more outstanding than anyone else in the team..He is grossly over rated...He will never be a match winner as would be any player touted as worth 800 grand..Give me a break ! I for one could not give two hoots if he goes. next week would be not soon enough... Why does he seem to have so much bargaining power ?? " wait till the end of the season" What rubbish ...Good bye I say and if we can get something for him then GO for it !! Sorry but I have had enough of this type of player... New Blood please !!

So let me get this straight......You want to get rid of McDonald AND Frawley.......Can you please tell me who are going to replace them??? And don't tell me the draft......A skinny 18 year old.....Anyone else????

Whatever, he's gone.

Laughably unrealistic expectation and conclusion.

• Like 2

So let me get this straight......You want to get rid of McDonald AND Frawley.......Can you please tell me who are going to replace them??? And don't tell me the draft......A skinny 18 year old.....Anyone else????

ANYone else is right ... These two players are so over rated ..especially Frawley.. !!! Backmen are plentiful and usually cheaper (much cheaper than Frawley will be... Move on ..

Whatever, he's gone.

Yes - that's exactly what he should do - announce to everyone that he is gone leading him to receiving fines and suspensions for breaching AFL rules. Apart from a few players who announced one week before end of season that they were taking up the GWS offer ( Davis from Adelaide if I am correct) name me a player who has come out before the end of season and said I am to another club.

ANYone else is right ... These two players are so over rated ..especially Frawley.. !!! Backmen are plentiful and usually cheaper (much cheaper than Frawley will be... Move on ..

Yup - just shake a tree and out they fall - instant backmen !

Yup - just shake a tree and out they fall - instant backmen !

We have a couple that have played this year more than once... Frawley is NOT a star...Sorry.. Your replies with sarcastic overtones are of little interests to me .. Move on .. I will stick with my opinions you stick to yours .. Stalemate !!

We have a couple that have played this year more than once... Frawley is NOT a star...Sorry.. Your replies with sarcastic overtones are of little interests to me .. Move on .. I will stick with my opinions you stick to yours .. Stalemate !!

Key position - Georgiou - that's it from my recollection.

You would take Georgiou over Frawley or McDonald ?

edit - please also refresh me as to where I said Frawley is a star ?

Double edit - I have no problem with peoples opinion on Frawley or TMac. Each is entitled to their own. But to throw an opinion out like- Get rid of Frawley - Backmen are plentiful ? Seriously ?

Edited by nutbean

Good defenders win finals. Think Scarlett, Lake, Hodge, Doull, Ayres, Archer, Pickett, McLeod, Duckworth. Very few forwards have won Norm Smiths. They mature late and often play until their mid thirties. Chip is 25. I hate the way he has gone about his contract negotiations and I think he is gone but it's silly to say he is no loss.

• Like 5

I'm inclined to think he won't be staying and has alerted the club as to such.

Hence why TMac is getting the best forward every week, and Frawley is playing second banana to Dawes.

Hope I'm wrong.

Hope you are wrong too: suspect that you are right though.

I think the Saints are going to throw huge cash at him 600 - 650k a year over 4.

I only think he is worth 400 -450 a year.

Sorry, I thought that his stated reason for not signing now is that he wants to play in a successful team :-)

Worst post of the year

45 posts in and I'm already signing in just to block you. Nice work.

If frawley goes so be it pick up compo pick and grab another ready made free agent to fill the spot till new top 10 pick matures i.e (james gwilt) without 700,000/800,000 price tag

We would be foolish to take a FA if Frawley left.

Realistically, what are we losing if he goes? A makeshift forward who can't mark and will in any event be surpassed by Hogan soon, all things going well.

If he stays, he'll slot back into a defence that is working solidly together and has been for most of the season and completely stuff their chemistry.

Makes no sense - if he wasn't an FA I'd be seriously advocating we ship him for a decent mid of the same age.

• Like 1

Realistically, what are we losing if he goes? A makeshift forward who can't mark and will in any event be surpassed by Hogan soon, all things going well.

If he stays, he'll slot back into a defence that is working solidly together and has been for most of the season and completely stuff their chemistry.

Makes no sense - if he wasn't an FA I'd be seriously advocating we ship him for a decent mid of the same age.

Oddly enough, I find myself agreeing with you.

The backline is functioning well, and our clearance stats clearly demonstrate we need more class in the midfield. Chip doesn't play as a 'big' forward but as a lead up running one.

I'd trade him in a heartbeat for an established good midfielder.

Oddly enough, I find myself agreeing with you.

The backline is functioning well, and our clearance stats clearly demonstrate we need more class in the midfield. Chip doesn't play as a 'big' forward but as a lead up running one.

I'd trade him in a heartbeat for an established good midfielder.

We can't trade him.

The disconnect here is that there is an absolute preference for a star mid over Frawley and that is what those that want to see him leave see when they think about the compensation he would bring.

But that is far from a fait accompli and many of us think it would be better to keep what we have then hope for what pick 7 will bring and wait for for the kid to develop if we keep the pick.

Whatever happens, he has had a disappointing year. He went back last week in the second half, where the ball was all the time and managed 1 possession for the half.

His passing now consist of bombing it a mile in the air. He doesn't seem to chase. He really seems disinterested.

I think he is gone.

• Like 4

rpfc there in lays the answer. Roos wouldnt keep 7 hed get some current value for it.

the dynamic in play here is interesting isnt it

I posted this in another thread but should have been hear.

They had Peter Jackson on pre game and the host asked about Frawley and Macca.

He said something like we are talking to Macca but Frawley has put it off to end of season. Said something like its hard to negotiate when the other party don't want to talk.

I think IMO we can all say he is gone.

The saving grace for me is not so much the compensation we should receive but the fact that we have Roos and co who will use it very very wisely. Something we have not had in a long time.

In my opinion, Frawley has always been an required player - perhaps even our most important player.

But the way in which he has handled his contract negotiations has, to my mind, been disrespectful to the club - especially given his standing as a senior leader.

So much so, if he decides to leave and we get decent compensation for him (ie, a good first round pick), I'm cool with that.

In fact, I'm pretty well cool with anything and everything now that Paul Roos is at the helm.

Edit: iPad typo

Edited by Ron Burgundy
  • Like 2