When will we see the tide turn?

PaulRB

When will the tide turn?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted R22 as I think we will start to show some improvement in the backend of the season once we get some KPP's back from injury and the players start to become more comfortable with executing the game plan under pressure and playing their defined roles. It's this reason why I'd rather see us persevere with Watts in the midfield and Dunn in the back line instead of throwing them forward because if they are the roles we think they should be playing in an ideal world then moving them will only stunt their development even if it means we lose by 70 instead of 90 points.

• Like 1

Roos said pre-season dont judge as a team until round 5 or 6. I will stick with that even though I think we have gone backwards since the season began

In one week against a very good side at full strength, while we were forwardless and had more of the ball, under a new game plan.

Interesting conclusion.

• Like 1

In one week against a very good side at full strength, while we were forwardless and had more of the ball, under a new game plan.

Interesting conclusion.

My problem is nothing appears to have changed since 2011 redleg

I reckon we will only have 2 wins by round 11, but will win 5-6 in the second half of the year. Rounds 8 - 11 we will see Jamar, Gawn, Dawes, Hogan, Viney all fit and finding game form, leading into a strong and consistent second half of the year.

• Like 1

We get a lot more of the ball. Sure we waste a fair bit of it, but unless you have your hands on it you might as well be sitting in the stands. Baby steps, OD, rather than the leaps off tall buildings previous mobs had us attempting.

id actually say quite a bit has changed....all but one thing..... the obvious...

Dont expect miracles, dont expect much. Just the ability to play footy at its basic .. Still a long way off.

Thought this was being addressed

When you can [censored] the pebble from my hand, grasshopper.

Edit - OMG ! look at the word it censored ! It says a lot about the people who set up the filter !!! this has made my day !!

The censorship here is a joke. I haven't a clue as to what word was censored in your case: I had a noun pertaining to a person who tosses cut.

Yet we have to tolerate page after page of guys slagging personal abuse at one another.

Go figure.

• Like 1

Interesting conclusion.

Redleg - you see what others don't. Things have change so much since 2011, 2012 and 2013 - get any semblance of forward structure and we will put some wins on the board.

I know but I have faith in Roos and his team, think how far back surprised him as well, think it may even take till next season and another clear out

My lovely lady told me it was amusing to watch me sink further and further into my seat on Sunday, but after a walk home through pleasant East Melbourne and a fine wine I was ok

My lovely lady laughs at me sitting in silence watching the boys play, but it takes me much more than a fine wine to get over it...unfortunately

The tide will turn when the players put in 100% all game every game. When they pressure the opposition at AFL level standard. That's when !!!

I am more inclined to think it will be when we have turned over another ten players GiG

The tide will turn when the players put in 100% all game every game. When they pressure the opposition at AFL level standard. That's when !!!

I'll probably be dead by then if we continue with the current list.

Roos could very well be this group of players biggest scalp when they manage to get him the sack.

My lovely lady laughs at me sitting in silence watching the boys play, but it takes me much more than a fine wine to get over it...unfortunately

I actually think the MFC spoils a good wine after a match JVF.

I thought I saw some light when Roos joined. Back to pitch black now.

Can't see when this eternal cycle of failure will end. Just a numb feeling, being a Melbourne supporter. The heartache and disappointment never ends.

The trading of players and picks this year to me show the tide has turned in the quality of our list management. It is close to impossible to judge us fairly first two rounds without one quality forward but its fair to say we went back into old habits last week. West Coast who have more size and probably more speed than any other side were possibly the worst side for us to play as it plays straight to our weaknesses. The changes made this week show me that the culture of players getting games based on who you are not what you do has gone. This to me is another positive.

I am comfortable we are better than last year. I struggle to judge how much without a forward to kick to. The players brought in this week bring spark and run to what was a one paced side last week. Still no forward line but keen to see how we bounce back this week.

• Like 1

The Tide will turn at Port Philip Heads will be at approx. 10.30 am Tomorrow as incoming.

I think keeping that in mind the fish should start to come on the bite at the turn and rising tide popular spots Stockyard Point, the pier at Warneet and other prime locations, the cemetery beach at Kilcunda, Andersons inlet in Inverloch and not forgetting the old reliable Mordialloc pier for the ever popular and beautiful tasting Gars!

Nothing like a turning tide to restore hope, promote a sense of wellbeing and become at peace with yourself and the cosmos!

Turning tide? yep keep em coming!

Edited by picket fence

I reckon we will only have 2 wins by round 11, but will win 5-6 in the second half of the year. Rounds 8 - 11 we will see Jamar, Gawn, Dawes, Hogan, Viney all fit and finding game form, leading into a strong and consistent second half of the year.

7-8 wins?

We're talking about our total for the next three years right? Gee that's optimistic