St. Kilda v Melbourne - Match Preview & Team Selection

Demonland

Byrnes is a key player if we are to win this. His ability to play his role, get in the right spots at link up with the midfield will be important to us kicking a winnig score. Similar with Bail and his running ability in our fwd half.

Byrnes is a key player if we are to win this. His ability to play his role, get in the right spots at link up with the midfield will be important to us kicking a winnig score. Similar with Bail and his running ability in our fwd half.

it doesn't fill me with much confidence if Byrnes is a key player...

• Like 2

hahaha.gif

• Like 5

e2w1.jpg

Blease will never have the "tank" that so many here says he needs. The elite speed comes at a cost - endurance. Try looking up fast twitch v slow twitch fibres. From what I have seen he has had a couple of years trying to be the footballer Neeld wanted and sacrificed his natural ability to do so. It didn't work and his confidence seemed shot.

I hope he can find that self belief again as he has a huge upside and can be a real weapon.

I hope we get to see it again.

• Like 1

Blease will never have the "tank" that so many here says he needs. The elite speed comes at a cost - endurance. Try looking up fast twitch v slow twitch fibres. From what I have seen he has had a couple of years trying to be the footballer Neeld wanted and sacrificed his natural ability to do so. It didn't work and his confidence seemed shot.

I hope he can find that self belief again as he has a huge upside and can be a real weapon.

A newby.

Welcome to the asylum.

Good luck.

• Like 3

welcome.....not everyone will agree and I certainly dont think Blease is quite the player he'll ever need to be. But Ive been wrong before.

enjoy the ride...we go 'off road' quite often into the bumps lol

That noise you can hear is OD gnashing his teeth ... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Edited by Red and Bluebeard

I think Blease could play a big part in our future, I just don't know if he is ready to be a part of our now.

What possible reason could he have for hiding it? I could imagine reasons if you are talking about a super-star but not a hard working but unnoticed player. I don't know, but maybe the injury happened later or deteriorated to a point where he could not play. (mjt will now accuse me of endorsing everything Schwab does.)

no way...mjt is #37 as far as I know

That noise you can hear is OD gnashing his teeth ... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

For OD's and all our sakes tomorrow is a MUST win at all costs. I don't believe we'll get too many opportunities like this during the year unless we see a miracle with all 3 talls fit and running around on the park and Viney/Garland up and running on all 6 cylinders.

As a side note, it was 9 seasons ago that we last won an opening round. 2005 against the bumbers. Fingers, toes and other things crossed here.

• Like 1

We're not big on relative muscle fibre theories here on Demonland.

I've mentioned Fast Twitch/Slow Twitch ages ago and it stimulated little or no discussion.

We'd rather believe that anything is possible with sufficient workload.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson33.htm

Scroll to Can We Alter Our Fast-Twitch/Slow-Twitch Composition?

I've mentioned Fast Twitch/Slow Twitch ages ago and it stimulated little or no discussion.

Is the inference from this article that diligent recruiters should insist on muscle biopsies on all candidates as part of prioritizing their selections? By extension, should we consider genetic engineering and maybe stem cell technology? Maybe we should sign up Mr Danks to work on all this as his next project?

i thought he was 426?

Wish he was indefinite.

Edited by jabberwocky

IT"S FINALLY GAME DAY!!!!!!

All the talk can finally stop! All the speculation, all the rumours, all the news stories, all the "training the house down", all the "Mark Neeld era", all the admin can finally STOP!

IT'S FOOTY'S TURN TO TALK!!!!!!

Round 1 2014 is a fresh slate. The past years mean nothing. Right now we are in the exact same position as every other club. Today we are as close to a flag as anyone and its what the 22 lads who pull on the red and blue do between now and the last Saturday in September that makes the difference. Today we get back to what all of this right here is all about and that is 120 minutes of the greatest game there is. The Demons future starts today.

GO DEES!

Edited by The Flying Hellfish

The reality is right now I think most if not all teams in the AFL have guys who are as fast as Blease but also fit enough to run, chase and tackle etc. I don't think anyone is suggesting Blease has to do it in the midfield like Dangerfield but more like Yarran/Garlett/Michael Walters/Josh Green/Lewis Jetta/Jordan Murdoch, plenty of other quick guys who seem to run out games.

For what it's worth Blease's endurance and second efforts looked better in the preseason. I think he's a limited footballer by way of talent and that's just as much as his problem. Can't mark, not a great kick, poor decision maker and doensn't get to the right spots.

There'll be great opportunities for young players to live up to the expectations of the team and of the club

Alan Richardson
this alone makes me think Stkilda are in for a long couple of years, they will make the same mistakes we have if they expect Billings and Dunstan to win them games of football.

Byrnes is a key player if we are to win this. His ability to play his role, get in the right spots at link up with the midfield will be important to us kicking a winnig score.

That is a joke, right?