Demons season opener v Saints

dee-luded

Cant wait to see Jeremy Howe play a full (or mostly full) game as the key forward target

Thats right, he will be playing his NATURAL position, finally

Tough gig for the Saints defender that goes to him

Im putting some cash on Howe to kick most goals for the round

Cant wait to see Jeremy Howe play a full (or mostly full) game as the key forward target

Bookies win again
  • Like 4

It will be interesting who goes to him, would have thought Delaney and Bruce were more suited to taller forwards than Howe and Fisher might well miss the game, dempster maybe not sure if he is fit and ready to go

Well one thing's certain - if we lose this game, PJ will need to produce a pretty handy letter to salvage the membership campaign.

He's been pretty quiet lately don't you think?

There hasn't been too many opportunities for people to scream 'less talk, more action' has there?

Unless trying to get Roos was spin...

Can someone list the best 22 players the Saints will have missing to injury or suspension?

I read somewhere they have a lot out

Hayes, Steven, Fisher, Shcnieder, Montagna, Wellar, gilbert, Longer,

so their midfield is hampered pretty severely, Longer doesn't help their ruck stocks, Gilbert and Fisher missing from their defence

they have heaps out.

Montagna, hayes, weller, j stevens, (fisher, gilbert - might be ready), schneider, Not to mention no goddard, no dalsanto

they have heaps out.

Montagna, hayes, weller, j stevens, (fisher, gilbert - might be ready), schneider, Not to mention no goddard, no dalsanto

I have been told by a Saints supporter who attends trainings and stuff that Gilbert is a long show and Fisher is very underdone and without our big gun forwards he doubts they will risk him,

massive hole in a side isn't it, Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Wellar, Stevens, Goddard, that's a very good AFL midfield not playing

Hayes, Steven, Fisher, Shcnieder, Montagna, Wellar, gilbert, Longer,

so their midfield is hampered pretty severely, Longer doesn't help their ruck stocks, Gilbert and Fisher missing from their defence

I think we might leave Wellar out of their best 22. Delisted by another club and yet to establish himself at his new club hardly makes him a walk up start.

I think we might leave Wellar out of their best 22. Delisted by another club and yet to establish himself at his new club hardly makes him a walk up start.

probably fair enough, i certainly see him playing abit of seniors for them this year though.

I ignored the Hawthorn practice match and concentrated on our good form in the NAB Cup. As a result, I have confidently tipped the Demons to beat the Saints in my footy tipping Competition.

I have over the past ten years or so done quite well in tipping competitions BUT so far this year I am scoreless, 0 out of 4. Can Melbourne help improve my average and restore some belief in my judgements? I am beginning to have self doubts. I wonder how many others in this forum have yet to open their account this season?

Edited by Bobby McKenzie

I ignored the Hawthorn practice match and concentrated on our good form in the NAB Cup. As a result, I have confidently tipped the Demons to beat the Saints in my footy tipping Competition.

I have over the past ten years or so done quite well in tipping competitions BUT so far this year I am scoreless, 0 out of 4. Can Melbourne help improve my average and restore some belief in my judgements? I am beginning to have self doubts. I wonder how many others in this forum have yet to open their account this season?

I've managed to sneak 1!

5 days to go, looks like the only players that aren't available are Clark, Hogan, Dawes, Jamar, Garland and Riley with question marks against Viney on his fitness.

My team

Georgiou Frawley McDonald

Grimes Dunn Terlich

Trengove N Jones Vince

Watts Pederson Toumpas

Fitzpatrick Howe Blease

Spencer Tyson Michie

Cross McKenzie Bail M Jones

Blease could easy be Byrnes or JKH, but I'm giving him first crack at this small forward role.

More likely the first crack in a great culture, caused by the sacking of a few popular players, for a Buddy.

no, I think the first cracks started appearing a couple of seasons back, then tippett, buddy etc. money has killed comradeship. the captain of the ship lost his way.

I'm sitting at 2-2

I got one out of the 4 certainties this week wrong..

Amazing value on sportsbet this week for absolute sure things.. Freo over 15.5 pts @ 2.15 ; Gold Coast WIN @ 2.75 & Port over 15.5 pts @ 3.15 .. Easy money!

only players that aren't available are Clark, Hogan, Dawes, Jamar, Garland and Riley with question marks against Viney on his fitness.

That's still 6 very big outs for the first match of the year which is extremely disappointing. I feel like we have had 6 unavailable for every home and away game for about the last 5 years running. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

That's still 6 very big outs for the first match of the year which is extremely disappointing. I feel like we have had 6 unavailable for every home and away game for about the last 5 years running. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Spot on C and B

In a side that has numerous players who are not AFL standard taking six out is a big blow.

So are we expecting something along the lines of:

FB: Dunn - Frawley - Terlich

HB: Grimes - McDonald - M.Jones

C: Vince - N.Jones - Watts

HF: JKH - Fitz - Howe

FF: Byrnes - Pedo - Blease

R: Spencer - Cross - Tyson

I: Michie - Trengove - Toumpas

S: Bail

So are we expecting something along the lines of:

FB: Dunn - Frawley - Terlich

HB: Grimes - McDonald - M.Jones

C: Vince - N.Jones - Watts

HF: JKH - Fitz - Howe

FF: Byrnes - Pedo - Blease

R: Spencer - Cross - Tyson

I: Michie - Trengove - Toumpas

S: Bail

AODees that FF line is a scene from my worse nightmare

IMO if we go in with line put your money on a draw.