• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demons season opener v Saints

dee-luded

I saw enough in the Richmond and Geelong games to be quietly enthused.

One bad game against the best team in it doesn't evaporate the other two performances. I'm very much looking forward to the year, but it's a real downer about our key forwards. It definitely makes a big difference to our playing style/performance.

• Like 8

I saw enough in the Richmond and Geelong games to be quietly enthused.

One bad game against the best team in it doesn't evaporate the other two performances. I'm very much looking forward to the year, but it's a real downer about our key forwards. It definitely makes a big difference to our playing style/performance.

yep it not only changes OUR structure but it allows 'theirs" to effect less combat and affect more rebounding... A huge differential imho

Before the Hawthorn game, and even in the Geelong game we averaged more disposals and time in possession than any other team.

Being a new game plan we were cut to pieces by the best in the business,capitalizing on our mistakes and winning the inside amd outside ball.

Im sure Roos will be working hard along with his assistants on how to reduce this gap against the absolute best , maybe reducing the over possesion game , and using more long kicking,although this will be hard untill we get at least two of Hogan ,Dawes or Clark back.

Im still praying that at least one of hogan or dawes will start round one.

• Like 2

Despite the Hawthorn game we have now shortened to $1.55 while the saints are out to $2.45.

That seems quite strange. Would've thought the bookies would've made it even money considering the flogging we just copped and our key Fwds not playing. Plus St Kilda put up a credible performance against a top 5 team on the weekend.

St Kilda represent good value for the average punter.

That seems quite strange. Would've thought the bookies would've made it even money considering the flogging we just copped and our key Fwds not playing. Plus St Kilda put up a credible performance against a top 5 team on the weekend.

St Kilda represent good value for the average punter.

Even on SEN yesterday they were discussing it and basically came to the conclusion that Hawthorn are in ominous form and looking to step up again and create history,they would thrash most sides at the minute.

• Like 2

Despite the Hawthorn game we have now shortened to $1.55 while the saints are out to $2.45.

Sportsbet had us at $1.55 before the Hawthorn game....that we haven't gone out a bit since is maybe surprising, but don't forget, the Saints don't have Mantagna and Hayes for game 1.

Ed: Stevens out too....don't know what saints will do for a mid-field. Most other teams playing the saints would be $1.05 or shorter

Edited by Mono

I agree DA, there are a few, even in our current best 22 who still need to be weeded, before we are a top 8 team.

here's my variation, on your current best guess squad of 25:

B L: Georgiou - Frawley - Terlich

H B: Grimes - McDonald - Dunn

C L: Watts - Trengove - Tyson

H F: Viney - Dawes - Bail

F L: Pedersen - Howe - Fitzpatrick

Foll: Spencer - Vince - NJones

I/C: Cross - McKenzie - Michie Sub: Kennedy-Harris

Emerg: MJones - Clisby - Blease

IMO our back 6 are quite settled,

However there should be way that Tyson doesn't start in the middle ahead of Trengove.

Cross and Michie have done full pre seasons and will start on the ground above the likes of Viney & Bail.

My side Rnd 1

C L: Watts - Tyson - Cross

H F: Michie - Dawes - Trengove

F L: Howe - Fitzpatrick- Kennedy - Harris

Foll: Spencer - Vince - N.Jones

I/C: McKenzie - Bail - Pederson Sub: Blease

Emerg: MJones - Clisby - Viney

IMO our back 6 are quite settled,

However there should be way that Tyson doesn't start in the middle ahead of Trengove.

Cross and Michie have done full pre seasons and will start on the ground above the likes of Viney & Bail.

My side Rnd 1

C L: Watts - Tyson - Cross

H F: Michie - Dawes - Trengove

F L: Howe - Fitzpatrick- Kennedy - Harris

Foll: Spencer - Vince - N.Jones

I/C: McKenzie - Bail - Pederson Sub: Blease

Emerg: MJones - Clisby - Viney

I think Mitchie & Cross will be in the mids rotations from the bench, & Viney needs to be settled into a spot, to aid his young development. so off half forward, as has been suggested, could be it. he's aggressive & a good hard tackler, who should look to strip the opposition of the ball, when they have it.

I think the coaches have backed JViney off a bit, in the last couple of weeks, & will now ramp him up again. I see him in Rnd 1.

Bleasey, I don't think has done enough yet to earn a spot in the 18.

trenners to me is a centreman. tyson a winger, who rushes the bounce to get 2nd touch & use it. Imo, trenners could also be a half-back flanker.

I've liked the look of Georgiou this pre season, had a look at him down at Casey against the Hawks and he didn't look too bad. Probably not as solid as his first two weeks but it must be a hard ask to come on at HT and have an impact in a situation like that.

Once Garland is back in 3-4 weeks, are we expecting Georgiou to disappear? Or can both co-exist? With the three tall forwards up in the air is their the possibility of sending Garland forward like he has done previously?

I'd love to see Georgiou have a good run at it. Think he'll add a bit.

• Like 1

FB- Terlich, Frawley, Dunn

HB- Cross, McDonald, Grimes

C- Watts, Tyson, Howe

HF- Vince, Dawes, Blease

FF- JKH, Clarke, Hogan

Fol- Jamar, Jones, Trengove

Int- Mckenzie, Viney, Michie, M.Jones

emg: Bail, Toumpas, Pederson

I've liked the look of Georgiou this pre season, had a look at him down at Casey against the Hawks and he didn't look too bad. Probably not as solid as his first two weeks but it must be a hard ask to come on at HT and have an impact in a situation like that.

Once Garland is back in 3-4 weeks, are we expecting Georgiou to disappear? Or can both co-exist? With the three tall forwards up in the air is their the possibility of sending Garland forward like he has done previously?

I'd love to see Georgiou have a good run at it. Think he'll add a bit.

The way things are shaping we might find Garland as a KPF!!!!!

• Like 2

I think Clisby might be a smokey for round one.

Id be surprised if both georgiou and JKH are not in the side.

I still have my fingers crossed that either hoges or dawes might make the team.

Uncross them Deezee you need your hands.

No chance IMHO

Hogan isn't training at all right now and i don't believe Dawes has been with the main group in a long while, reckon Fitzy, Pederson and Howe will be our forward targets

Can someone tell me why Jones is on the injury list? What type of injury does he have?

Will he be right for rd1?

I think he was slightly concussed after his collision with a Hawks player on the weekend.

I think he was slightly concussed after his collision with a Hawks player on the weekend.

Thanks hardtack so he should be right for rd 1 then.

Geez with the players already out we cannot afford to lose hm.

Nah, we were $1.55 prior to the Hogan announcement.

The market has not moved for 5-6 days.

After Sat you could however have expected it to; it's a matter of the saints having no appeal.