Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

anyone know what thymosin colostrum and tribulus are? and if they are banned?

All three were generals in the Roman army who served under Julius Caeser and then Marc Antony.

They were banned from participating in all events at the Colliseum for 2 years from 64 to 66BC.

• Like 14

Just accidentally listened to MMM.

Although it is 5 minutes of my life that will never return I got an insight into the three philosophers of our time.Eddie ,Luke and Mick all agree that Hird is only interested in Hird but managed to relay the info that Lachy Murdoch will be the new boss and that media ownership laws are outdated and we should just hand over everything to the US

Barrett chirped in that this would be in the interests of everyone.

My brain now feels like someone has removed my skull and bashed my cerebral cortex with a

Showbag of shyte.

I hope these guys go fly a light plane in cyclonic weather.

They epitomise the death of polite society and the rise of the lounge buffoon.

F&$@ them all.

• Like 2

Hirds attitude makes me wonder about his playing career.

the Bumbers confirmed he used Shane Charter as his advisor during 2003 and 2004. The evidence of the ASADA investigation suggests that Hird has no problems with the injection of supplements and peptides etc, I mean he did it himself during 2012.

Just to be clear Charter is reportedly a crook and was involved wth illegal drugs when Hird was associated with him and allegedly associated to organised crime persons. Why would Hird use Charter in the early 2000's? He had access to a miriad of club medical and support staff within the club who could advise and prescribe anything legitimately required. The only conclusion is that Charter offered Hird something that the club could not or would not provide.

If you look at Hirds attitude to supplements together with his associations during his playing career and his steadfast belief he has done nothing wrong, I would say there is enough information to at least raise an eyebrow over his activities during his playing career.

The Bombers have shown themselves to be morally corrupt and unable to put the interests of the Club, the players and the AFL above that of the golden boy. WTF was Little thinking asking the players??? This is his decision they not in a position to make the clinical decsions that he is paid to make. The club is in more shyte than a werribee duck. They have painted themselves into a corner where they canot get rid of Hird for a number of reasons and keeping Hird has is increasingly untenable and will continue to trash the EFC and AFL brands.

I want this bloke out of football and hope ASADA and WADA come down on him like a ton of bricks.

• Like 5

the Bumbers confirmed he used Shane Charter as his advisor during 2003 and 2004. The evidence of the ASADA investigation suggests that Hird has no problems with the injection of supplements and peptides etc, I mean he did it himself during 2012.

Just to be clear Charter is reportedly a crook and was involved wth illegal drugs when Hird was associated with him and allegedly associated to organised crime persons. Why would Hird use Charter in the early 2000's? He had access to a miriad of club medical and support staff within the club who could advise and prescribe anything legitimately required. The only conclusion is that Charter offered Hird something that the club could not or would not provide.

If you look at Hirds attitude to supplements together with his associations during his playing career and his steadfast belief he has done nothing wrong, I would say there is enough information to at least raise an eyebrow over his activities during his playing career.

The Bombers have shown themselves to be morally corrupt and unable to put the interests of the Club, the players and the AFL above that of the golden boy. WTF was Little thinking asking the players??? This is his decision they not in a position to make the clinical decsions that he is paid to make. The club is in more shyte than a werribee duck. They have painted themselves into a corner where they canot get rid of Hird for a number of reasons and keeping Hird has is increasingly untenable and will continue to trash the EFC and AFL brands.

I want this bloke out of football and hope ASADA and WADA come down on him like a ton of bricks.

When we cast aspersions on Hirds playing career remember that Charter was also Shane Woewodins adviser for that one year he was a star. Remember how good he was in 2000. I always said he was a slow wide receiver but for one glorious season he flew, never stopped running, and with pace. Whatever Shane the biochemist Charter was advising it must have been "the good stuff".

• Like 1

When we cast aspersions on Hirds playing career remember that Charter was also Shane Woewodins adviser for that one year he was a star. Remember how good he was in 2000. I always said he was a slow wide receiver but for one glorious season he flew, never stopped running, and with pace. Whatever Shane the biochemist Charter was advising it must have been "the good stuff".

I agree, the fact that wowoedin won a brownlow while using Charter only rasies the eye brow slightly higher. If I was a supicious man (which I am) I would look at Hirds career with a level of scepticism (which I do) and wonder what was used while the ASADA/WADA regime was in its infancy compared to the available science.

If watson recieves an infraction notice i would assume that also means he loses his Brownlow?

I like Watson as a player, but if guilty he should lose the Brownlow.

PS. I also liked Hird as a player. Now I would't trust him with the neighbors cat. (I hate that cat)

• Like 2

But does the cat hate you?

No, the bloody thing hangs around all the time and annoys my cat.

go home to bed biff,the night is over.

Its not safe to travel in the Gat when its dark.

anyone know what thymosin colostrum and tribulus are? and if they are banned?

As far as I am aware they are not approved for human consumption and as I understand it therefore they are banned - please correct me if any of this is not true.

Hird the superhero certainly will forever have a cloud over his name, and over his entire career. (and I just love your Werribee duck similie)

• Like 1

Guaranteed to annoy that poor woman whose son was a part of Hirds pharmacology experiment. No mention of the hurt done to the players by a selfish egotist. Mark Robinson is a hack and has little or no journalistic integrity.

• Like 2

Guaranteed to annoy that poor woman whose son was a part of Hirds pharmacology experiment. No mention of the hurt done to the players by a selfish egotist. Mark Robinson is a hack and has little or no journalistic integrity.

I heard him on sen this last monday suggesting that the AFL treatment of DB may have caused his cancer.

I no longer listen to him.

• Like 1

does anyone know how to read Australian articles without paying?

have a look if same article is on news.com.au on their sports afl area. No subs needed :)

Sneak into a flash office somewhere at about 9.30 and pinch the one in the lobby.

• Like 1

do a google search for the link. In the search results click on the article. usually works. Don't tell Rupert.

ed: might be unclear, I mean enter the URL of the link in google search.

Edited by sue
  • Like 1

cut and paste the first paragraph into google then click on the link that pops up. Works around 95% of the time.

You could also try substituting "news" into the URL where it says "theaustralian" Works for the Herald Sun as well.

Sneak into a flash office somewhere at about 9.30 and pinch the one in the lobby.

Is that the way things are done in the Gat?