• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

I had a flu shot on Monday.

At least I thought what the nurse gave me was a flu shot.

Come to think of it, I dont know if it was a flu shot.

I am not a GP or a scientist so I would not know what is in the flu shot or what should be the proper ingredients in a flu shot.

I have placed my faith in the medical professionals that provided me with the flu shot.

At this point in the absence of the medical records documenting the work flu shot program, I believe that I had a flu shot but cant prove it.

Thats what Doc Reid was supposed to be doing... oh hang on a minute....

• Like 1

I did trust ASADA but as time goes on, I dont understand why they cant/dont announce anything.

Its just the passage of time that is becoming suspicious to me.

If I was Dank (and I dont want to assume his guilt) I think he has been smart in waiting for the notice to appear in court as LooseLou above has stated.

You mean they aren't working to your timetable? I am sure they would be upset by that.

Or do you mean you would rather have a short possibly incorrect investigation rather than a long most likely correct one.

I'm confused...

I'm sure that your medical records will accurately reflect what you trained health professional has treated you with.

Its a pity Jobe Watsons belief in what he took cant be validated the same way.

Like my situation, the absence of records about what Jobe received means his statement is just a belief from someone not medically trained.

Unless Watsons belief can be reliably corroborated then I cant see how the belief on its own is a reliable basis for evidence against him.

Unless Watsons belief can be reliably corroborated then I cant see how the belief on its own is a reliable basis for evidence against him.

its against asada/wada rules to beleive your taking peds.

if you take water from a bottle marked steriods and think its a ped,thats illegal.

• Like 1

I did trust ASADA but as time goes on, I dont understand why they cant/dont announce anything.

Its just the passage of time that is becoming suspicious to me.

If I was Dank (and I dont want to assume his guilt) I think he has been smart in waiting for the notice to appear in court as LooseLou above has stated.

I'd be more suspicious if they issued a quick report given the number of players in 2 codes they are investigating. It's not as if the cases within Essendon are independent of each other, so they all have to be done at once. I'd believe ASADA needs more staff before I'd believe they are corrupt or incompetent.

I had a flu shot on Monday.

At least I thought what the nurse gave me was a flu shot.

Come to think of it, I dont know if it was a flu shot.

I am not a GP or a scientist so I would not know what is in the flu shot or what should be the proper ingredients in a flu shot.

I have placed my faith in the medical professionals that provided me with the flu shot.

At this point in the absence of the medical records documenting the work flu shot program, I believe that I had a flu shot but cant prove it.

lol - are you a professional sportsman who has signed on to the wada code rhino?

if not don't worry (unless you used that clinic at the Gat)

• Like 1

its against asada/wada rules to beleive your taking peds.

if you take water from a bottle marked steriods and think its a ped,thats illegal.

Some would say that "Peds" hasn't done us any good.

• Like 2

So Tania says that she's not cattle

Could have fooled me with the surname Hird...

*Boom tish

You heard that through the Grapevine(y)?

• Like 1

you had baked beans for brekky.

on fire HT,just on fire.

more smart alec responses than a high school teacher.

I hope WJ doesnt see your comment H - he's been wanting to use that line for some time now.

You could be issued an infraction notice for stealing other people's material (just as I did with the hird line)..

• Like 2

I hope WJ doesnt see your comment H - he's been wanting to use that line for some time now.

You could be issued an infraction notice for stealing other people's material (just as I did with the hird line)..

Actually, I realised afterwards that I made a mistake... should have been HIRD it through the Grapevine(y)... never mind, as far as jokes go, that was pretty Gaye.

• Like 1

Jack's post is right in the money. Given the schtick they're in, it's an impressive victory.

Hey Rhino - please clear it through me first if you want to use Yiddish - the word is schtook ( or stuk). And Essendon are so far up Schtook Street it ain't funny.

( Schtik is humor or comedy routine - my schtik also ain't funny) :lol:

Little has called a presser at 4pm, I thought the board meeting tonight was scheduled for 5pm!

It has already happened by all accounts.

Was off site and fooled the media who were setting up camp at the New Essendon facilities

Hey Rhino - please clear it through me first if you want to use Yiddish - the word is schtook ( or stuk). And Essendon are so far up Schtook Street it ain't funny.

( Schtik is humor or comedy routine - my schtik also ain't funny) :lol:

In some ways its a dark side of schtik but your point is well made. I avoid the Yiddish!

• Like 1

IMO Hird is as safe as a church

It would cost too much to get rid of him.

Will make lots of noise but the status quo will remain.

They are tired to a leaky boat and can do little about it.

No pun intended.

IMO Hird is as safe as a church

It would cost too much to get rid of him.

Will make lots of noise but the status quo will remain.

They are tired to a leaky boat and can do little about it.

No pun intended.

As safe as this one I hope:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10403111/Church-beloved-by-John-Betjeman-destroyed-by-lightning-strike.html

Extracts from http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/EssendonFC-notice-of-charges.pdf

"The AFL charges

Conduct unbecoming or likely to prejudice the interests or reputation of the Australian
Football League or to bring the game of football into disrepute"
19. On 5 August 2011 Hird was interviewed by an officer of ASADA and an officer of the
AFL Integrity Unit in relation to his recent informal inquiry of an ASADA representative
as to whether any AFL clubs were using peptides. During that meeting Hird was
informed by the AFL’s Manager Integrity Services that peptides were a serious risk to the
integrity of the AFL, in the same category as steroids and HGH and implored Hird to
report to the AFL if he came across any information relating to peptides. Corcoran and
Hamilton were both present at the meeting.
32. Dank was offered the role, commencing on 4 November 2011. The usual human
resources processes for the employment of Dank were not followed. No background
checks were conducted with his former employers. Little, if any, consideration was given
to his outside business interests and the conflicts that may thereby arise.
45. Hird was aware that, to his knowledge, Robinson took no record of the details of the
provision of the substance to Hird.
46. Following his self-administration of injections of Melanotan II Hird suffered REDACTED
side effects. REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED.
47. REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED.
48. Notwithstanding his first-hand experience of the unsatisfactory manner in which
Robinson supplied substances to be injected at the Club, including the fact that he had
suffered side effects about which he had not been warned, Hird did not recognise or
respond to the indication that the supplements program potentially posed a risk to the
players’ health, welfare and safety.
55. In the period between 13 January 2012 and 15 January 2012 Reid expressed his concern
to Hird and to Hamilton that players had been getting injections of a peptide that he knew
nothing about while the players and he had been told that they were getting vitamins and
amino acids.
67. On 8 February 2012, at a meeting of players of the Club, Dank introduced four substances
that were purportedly approved for use in accordance with the Protocol, namely:
(a) AOD-9604;
(b) Thymosin;
© Colostrum; and
(d) Tribulus.
68. Following that meeting, 38 players at the Club signed “Patient Information/Informed
Consent” forms in relation to these four substances. In relation to these substances, those
38 players agreed to:
(a) one AOD-9604 injection per week for the season;
(b) one Thymosin injection once a week for six weeks and then one injection per
month;
© two Colostrum daily in each training week and two colostrum post-game. The
dose may vary according to training needs; and
(d) one Tribulus forte daily in each training week and one Tribulus prior to the game.
The dose may vary according to training needs.
69. If the dosages the subject of the “Patient Information/Informed Consent” forms were
administered, the playing group would receive in the order of:
(a) more than 1,500 injections of AOD-9064 and Thymosin; and
(b) more than 16,500 doses of Colostrum; and
© more than 8,000 doses of Tribulus. "
The redacted side effect refers to Hird suffering from priapism. The earlier copy I read was not redacted. The highlights are mine.
Spin it how you like Hird has to go.
Edited by ManDee
  • Like 1

In some ways its a dark side of schtik but your point is well made. I avoid the Yiddish!

well put - if we didn't know better the Melbourne Tanking debacle and this farce is producing fodder for someones shtick