Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

What you have expected Jackson to say? He dead batted the question as you would anticipate him to do.

Given what has happened to Essendon I doubt whether something has been organised.

I suspect we are due ASADA to review us once they have done Essendon.

Given the Pres, the CEO and the Coach have already gone and the Club is in administration, I doubt the AFL are in any rush to belt us and who is left to belt?

Dr Bates should be gone. And it leaves only Mahoney, Craig and Misson left from a governance aspect.

The AFL will massage an outcome that MFC have taken due regard of the governance issues and key persons have left the building....then they should hope like hell that Trengove has not breached ASADA rules.

Unfortunately for us, that's where we stand.

All we can hope for Jack is that the facts exonerate him .

I will moralise because we didn't put the health of players at risk nor 'dabble' with prohibited substances.

It's a little more grievous to say the least...

And the Bombers broke a few rules, RR... I cannot believe I had to write that.

I can't believe you did write that you precious thing.

I have already said to Bub that I should have out ASADA in front of the word rules.

I have already explained that both clubs have breached public faith and integrity and I did not equate the severity of the charges as the same.

You are slow on the uptake.

So Hird, is given a 12month ban and that is from August 25th 2013.... Crystal Ball August 25th 2014, if Essendon make it into the finals Hird can waltz back in and coach..

That seems fair?

Thompson coaches till the finals and every couple of days he has coffees with Hird to keep him fully informed. Hird then waltzes back to coach the finals? May not work. More likely Hird appears on the bench during the finals to inspire the team (or what is left of it).

They already did. A pragmatic outcome to a badly botched folly.

we're in the little league me thinks

I wonder what a good lawyer would have managed to negotiate for us?

I think we will be looked out for...

funny how the balls bounced since. the main stays of that saga are now gone from the AFL, & from us,,, & the AFL has stepped up to aid in our restructure from the ground up. jesse says hi, as does jimmy & jack....

Little seemed very confident there will be no ASADA problem. This would suggest he may already know the outcome of the full report/findings from ASADA or that he is potentially already in receipt of key information here from someone in the know. I wonder if tonight's little AFL "negotiated" outcome played a role.

Didn't the Bongers also state that they were unsure as to exactly what was given to the players and to whom? If so then how can Little be so sure that it will have have no issues with ASADA from here?

• Like 1

Thompson coaches till the finals and every couple of days he has coffees with Hird to keep him fully informed. Hird then waltzes back to coach the finals? May not work. More likely Hird appears on the bench during the finals to inspire the team (or what is left of it).

Players will get suspensions, they will not make finals.

ASADA still looms big over this no matter what Little says.

Edited by rjay

In looking back at us "rolling over" think of the change in position of Essendon within 1 week.

From we will fight them till the end, to accepting their punishment, even the ego of Hird gave in.

Essendon had far more power than us and they "accepted" their punishment despite being able to find them with expensive lawyers.

In saying that, Hird should have got 2 and in no way could be walk back in for finals next year. How the hell would that work for a club between then and now. A 12 month caretaker...nope..why would the club do that to themselves.

As for ASADA, that is what is coming. Followed by players suing the club for what has happened. How could you trade in an essendon player in case they suddenly get rubbed out for 2 years.

The initial AFL action is finished not the end saga.

• Like 1

I can't believe you did write that you precious thing.

I have already said to Bub that I should have out ASADA in front of the word rules.

I have already explained that both clubs have breached public faith and integrity and I did not equate the severity of the charges as the same.

You are slow on the uptake.

For all your aggressive posturing on any and every issue that comes up on this site, you always have to glaze your ego with some form of dismissive insult.

I would be more insulted it were more deserved (slow?) or if it wasn't emblematic of your own issues - not the person you have insulted.

So how about you take a deep breath and try not to take The Internet personally.

Day by Day I get less excited by the game of footy at AFL level.

Thank God the start of the NBL is only a month away.

I have a hobby.....it doesnt disappoint :)

All in all this looks like a pretty soft penalty, especially given the relative wealth of the club. I wonder whether ASAD and WADA will let it stand? They do have the power to overrule the AFL and take it to a supreme court to get the penalty increased.

The AFL penalty is about governance not the drugs themselves. That is a separate issue and waiting on the final ASDA report.

I found this quite funny - Paul Little heads already so far up his ass he still thinks they are innocent.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-08-27/essendon-reacts-to-supplements-penalties

The admissions relate to governance and people management not the administration of prohibited or harmful substances. Importantly there is no allegation of drug cheating. As per the deed of settlement the AFL acknowledge that neither the Essendon football club nor any of the individuals charged set out to implement a supplements program that would result in players being administered prohibited or potentially harmful substances Our first priority has been the welfare of our players, this will always be paramount for the Essendon football club.

That all explains why they are excepting a 2 million dollar fine, no finals, no draft picks etc.

Seriously Paul Little go tell someone who cares or even harder someone who believes it (Hird would love to hear it and would enjoy the company in his cell).

dont go there...you wont sleep

I can't help but feel as unfair as our penalty felt, the help we are getting now from the AFL (and lord knows i didn't want it) is part of a reward for not dragging our matter through the courts.

Can someone tell me...

Since the bombers insisted on the charges being removed so that they were only technically being charged for bringing the game into disrepute... If more evidence comes to light, can the AFL then later on charge the club and individuals with administering their players PEDs, since they weren't charged with that in the end?