Mark Neeld on SEN

Benson

Apparently Robinson apologised for the article. Don't know where I heard this but heard it on the radio - probably SEN. Just by the by and it doesn't mean an awful lot now, but CS told me that Robbo was actually a really nice guy. Pity about his journalistic skills sometimes. I still dont find him as sensationalist as Caro tries to be.

Apparently Robinson apologised for the article. Don't know where I heard this but heard it on the radio - probably SEN. Just by the by and it doesn't mean an awful lot now, but CS told me that Robbo was actually a really nice guy. Pity about his journalistic skills sometimes. I still dont find him as sensationalist as Caro tries to be.

Probably stemmed from their discussion back in mid 2009 at a bar when CS wrote on the back of a beer coaster a list of the future side featuring T$ and JT among others. Robbo apparently loved that, wrote about it.....you can understand if CS fell head over heels for a journo hungry for a story with a few under the belt.

^ Sensationalised speculation....see it's rubbing off on me!

It was in the herald sun yesterday. Mark Robinson wrote Neeld and Rawlings had words. Tell me any senior coach who doesnt have words with there assistants. Anyway going by Neeld there is no truth about it.

Loved his answer when Maher and Watson asked him about it and Neeld just said if people continue to write things untrue I will see them in court. Or something to that effect. Tyey got the message.

I guess he was pretty hurt by that rumour last year about him. Which is understandable. he is no pushover. It would be nice to see him put King back in his place.

Watching the Sydney v Geelong game I observed John Longmire have very OTT stern words with each of his assistants in the box throughout the game. Some barked back with suggestions, he returned with wtf?!

^ But that's not worth reporting is it, because they're consistently performing? And they're in Sydney, they are Sydney..the premiers.

Bad example. But you get the gist....when things are bad you look at everything as a journo. Or you get fed anything by the disgruntled in the hope for a fracture.

Mark Neeld has been the subject of a number of whispering campaigns that have found their way quickly to the media and later found to be untrue. I think his suggestion about taking this sort of thing to court was probably a timely warning not only to the journos who spread the scuttlebutt but to the bottom feeders who originate the stories. I suspect that in some cases the club knows who they are.

• Like 1

Watching the Sydney v Geelong game I observed John Longmire have very OTT stern words with each of his assistants in the box throughout the game. Some barked back with suggestions, he returned with wtf?!

^ But that's not worth reporting is it, because they're consistently performing? And they're in Sydney, they are Sydney..the premiers.

Bad example. But you get the gist....when things are bad you look at everything as a journo. Or you get fed anything by the disgruntled in the hope for a fracture.

As I said when this story first broke, not all arguments are bad.

Neeld is showing his own growth and development as a front man for our Club. Much better - giving nothing, some optimism for us fans and little for the journo's to snipe at.

We're all very critical and think we've got the wrong guy etc etc....might be worth checking out how Sando is going over the Crowville right now. He's starting to get a battering and not handling it as "warmly, welcoming, openly and positively" as he did the winning streaks last year. Perspective is a wonderful thing.....

• Like 2

You'd expect that in a high pressure, high tension environment like a coaches box, that there would be some pretty heated disagreements at times.

absolutely

obviously none of these journos scribblers were around in norm smith's time (or barassi for that matter)

You'd expect that in a high pressure, high tension environment like a coaches box, that there would be some pretty heated disagreements at times.

I play in a low pressure, low tension environment and have heated arguments so I would say so...

• Like 1

Mark Neeld has been the subject of a number of whispering campaigns that have found their way quickly to the media and later found to be untrue. I think his suggestion about taking this sort of thing to court was probably a timely warning not only to the journos who spread the scuttlebutt but to the bottom feeders who originate the stories. I suspect that in some cases the club knows who they are.

The thing that most disappoints me is that certain posters here seem all too willing to (uncritically) accept many of these 'whsipering campaigns' and run with them to support their anti-Neeld agendas.

Can't believe it in fact - just have to shake your head.

• Like 1

The thing that most disappoints me is that certain posters here seem all too willing to (uncritically) accept many of these 'whsipering campaigns' and run with them to support their anti-Neeld agendas.

Can't believe it in fact - just have to shake your head.

Does not surprise me RB

The team played poorly in 2012 and even worse so far in 2013

It is easy to replace one person in the coach not as easy to remove 20 players and replace them with better players.

I just keep reminding people our list was crap at the end of 2012 and it will take way more than one year to turn a sows ear into a silk purse

Ron, who needs the whispering campaigns ( or is that a very clever allusions to WJ's campaign - cudos if it is!). We know Neeld came in to the club with a drive to get people fit. He named underperformers in the media before he knew them (Davey and Watts). He instituted a change in the leadership team and players did not "buy in" to neeld and what he was doing. All this is on public record; none of it relies on whispering campaigns.

The rest we construct and quite reasonably too. It is reasonable to see an entire team play god-awful footy for 26 rounds and come to the conclusion that they are scared and not playing for the coach. It is possible and reality-based. Hard to confirm, but reasonable to conclude. Might be right, might be wrong. Who needs a whispering campaign?

Does not surprise me RB

The team played poorly in 2012 and even worse so far in 2013

It is easy to replace one person in the coach not as easy to remove 20 players and replace them with better players.

I just keep reminding people our list was crap at the end of 2012 and it will take way more than one year to turn a sows ear into a silk purse

does a crap team have the capacity to kick 12 goals in a quarter, or beat up on interstate teasm at the 'G (Dean Bailey era)....

The team played poorly in 2012 and even worse so far in 2013, but showed promising signs in 2011. it will be covered time and time again, but all of the anti Neeld sentiment comes from having our dreams shattered in 2012. At the time It wasnt unreasonable to believe that a new coach could have added a defensive string to the bow, and turned Bailey's team into a top 8 side.

since 2012 we've been hit over and over again by the reality bus!

• Like 1

Can't remember which game it was at but they showed in the Dee's coaching box where one of the assistants had obviously started to try and coach. Neeld pulled him up straight away with something along the lines of "You just tell me what I've asked for, I'll coach!"

Anyone else see that?

does a crap team have the capacity to kick 12 goals in a quarter, or beat up on interstate teasm at the 'G (Dean Bailey era)....

The team played poorly in 2012 and even worse so far in 2013, but showed promising signs in 2011. it will be covered time and time again, but all of the anti Neeld sentiment comes from having our dreams shattered in 2012. At the time It wasnt unreasonable to believe that a new coach could have added a defensive string to the bow, and turned Bailey's team into a top 8 side.

since 2012 we've been hit over and over again by the reality bus!

DemonWA I don't agree with your comment about 2011 Yes we won 8 games ( from memory no teams of much worth ) but we had a large number of blow out results.

IMO the only good year we have had since 2006 was 2010. The rest have been a continuing downward spiral.

I was just trying to say that when things go wrong it is always easier to blame the coach.

I still have no idea if Neeld is good or not.

My guess is he has not had a lot to work with so far.

• Like 1

If the goal is to win a Premiership the path required is more rigorous and taxing in the short term than patching up a mediocre team with a soft culture so they can reach the fringes of the 8...

Neeld has cut hard and deep, with the view that this is the only way he could transform our team into premiers in his tenure (assuming an extension).

That this has upset us poor long suffering fans says more about the crud we were sold from 2010 on about the inevitable rise of the young and talented Demons... than it does about Neeld's ability.

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 2

Ron, who needs the whispering campaigns ( or is that a very clever allusions to WJ's campaign - cudos if it is!). We know Neeld came in to the club with a drive to get people fit. He named underperformers in the media before he knew them (Davey and Watts). He instituted a change in the leadership team and players did not "buy in" to neeld and what he was doing. All this is on public record; none of it relies on whispering campaigns.

The rest we construct and quite reasonably too. It is reasonable to see an entire team play god-awful footy for 26 rounds and come to the conclusion that they are scared and not playing for the coach. It is possible and reality-based. Hard to confirm, but reasonable to conclude. Might be right, might be wrong. Who needs a whispering campaign?

The whispering is the stuff that in a successful organisation stays in house or is simply made up so it has been going on, regardless of what has happened in reality that has upset some of the sensitive types. I'm happy for the MFC to keep fluming along until all the whisperers have gone and taken up a new hobby. We won't have success until those below pull in the same direction as those above.

I agree that reality doesn't whisper, but Neeld has had to put up with a number of these campaigns through the media to discredit him.

The whole Neeld Racist flap, his issues with players that never seems to go away (and other coaches don't seem to be questioned on), and now disagreeing with Rawlings is whispered around and becomes 'news' for some reason.

I agree that at the moment, reality is doing a fine job of getting Neeld the arse, but that doesn't mean there aren't people doing their best to expand on reality.

I think his suggestion about taking this sort of thing to court was probably a timely warning not only to the journos who spread the scuttlebutt but to the bottom feeders who originate the stories.

Interesting to see North and Scott (also) threatening legal action in regard to CW's article re North's fitness staff/doctor.

Maybe some have had enough and/or the journos are starting to go too far.