Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

Here's my call. Changing coaching panel again won't do much from a cultural perspective. Players aren't all keen on change. But jnr back would be a pleasant thing. His sacking was an utterly terrible decision.

Mark Neeld had the right idea, but he went too hard too early & left himself wide open.

He did not have the experience to go to the next level.

Having Moloney sulk all year but still get a game was ridiculous.

The 2 of them should have gone out to dinner early on and thrashed it out.

Moloney either played or he walked. Last year.

Just get experience in there tomorrow please.

Mark sorry it has rolled this way. I consider you a good man but not a senior coach.

Edited by why you little

If it happens tomorrow it was a decision coming since the Essendon game.

Just heard on AFL game day, Possibility of Mark Williams and James McDonald packaging up and coming to Melbourne. They went on to say it would be well taken and a good sell to the members.

Is this rumour supposed to happen 'in-season' because if they think that is going to happen for the Collingwood game then my 'BS Meter' just went nuts...

Richmond and GWS are not just going to let coaches go in the middle of the season.

It is ludicrous to think that we will have anyone other than Viney, Craig or Rawlings as caretaker when Neeld is moved on.

• Like 2

One thing about coaching I believe is fundamental - often its not what is being said but who is saying it.

It's not only what's being said, it's also how it is spoken.

Just remembered that Robbo said last week whilst in Perth that several past players had approached the club asking if and how they could help out - in any way possible.

Names mentioned were, Anthony McDonald, Guy Rigoni, Steve Tingay and a couple of others.

Some quality mentors amongst them I would reckon.

• Like 1

I can't believe that it's being put out to supporters that getting three hundred disposals establishes some kind of benchmark. players could be jjust flicking the ball to each other without coherence and without a plan just to tick-off a coach's benchmark:

heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-coach-mark-neeld-says-his-job-is-safe/story-fni5f91a-1226655470508

I don't believe this.

After 3157 posts you guys are still going.

We the one who want the current Senior Coach to go are only getting started and we don't apologies what so ever for this belief!

Whats the average for losses so far this year is it around 77 points so far. What a disgrace!

No sane AFL Club would take away its ability to compete at a basic AFL standard, lossing by an average by over 75 points (after round 10) and call it DEVELOPMENT!

AFL football is a business with may stakeholders who mainly want to be associated with success, they may be prepared for a limited amount of failure but only for a very short time. Winning not only generates success but also cold hard cash and losing has the reverse effect. In the world of the modern AFL, if a Club has money they survive and without they will be forced to merge, if the Club is lucky enough to find a willing partner.

Members/Supporters are staying away from games in large numbers and the 2014 season must be looking very bleak indeed if nothing is done. If you think the MFC is not in trouble then there nothing I or anyone else can say or do that will change your mind. But please don't belittle our desire to see the MFC survive and be a force in the AFL again.

As a supporter of the MFC what future do you want for the Club?

• Like 2

I think that Monday afternoons board meeting will be a media frenzy and in saying that the board MUST make a statement towards the senior coaching position that has been scrutinized so heavily

I would actually think that Peter Jackson would be the perfect person to make such announcements

I can only see 3 realistic outcomes

1. Neeld stays until the end of his contract

2. Neeld has been sacked and his contract is paid out

3. Neeld will be given a contract extension

What i don't want to hear is procrastination or even worse nothing at all

I also think we might hear that McLardy has resigned

The football world will be watching

I think that Monday afternoons board meeting will be a media frenzy and in saying that the board MUST make a statement towards the senior coaching position that has been scrutinized so heavily

I would actually think that Peter Jackson would be the perfect person to make such announcements

I can only see 3 realistic outcomes

1. Neeld stays until the end of his contract

2. Neeld has been sacked and his contract is paid out

3. Neeld will be given a contract extension

What i don't want to hear is procrastination or even worse nothing at all

I also think we might hear that McLardy has resigned

The football world will be watching

Errrrr.... There is another option:

4. Neeld is safe, but only for now

Your option 3 is ridiculous by the way.

WHEN Alastair Clarkson took a swig from a Powerade bottle at the three quarter time huddle it was a sign.

Unfortunately for Hawthorn players that sign was not that their coach was relaxed and content with a 58-point lead.

It was a sign that the boss was lubricating his throat for one almighty two-minute spray.

Neeld was wildly optimistic post-match - about the one percenters, the effort, and about Chris Dawes' dozen marks.

thats the difference between a great coach, and a guy that has no business being anywhere near a coaches box.

"You can expect to hear (about) the first steps in that process over the next couple of weeks."

Wouldn't hold my breath for anything Monday, and even much at all in the shorter term.

Placard and chant anyone?

BRING BAC JNR MAC!

BRING BAC JNR MAC!

BRING BAC JNR MAC!

The Junior Mac axing was where this all began. Culture killer. Bringing him back would be a brilliant start to healing this club. What a great clubman and player he was.

Rawlings, Royal and Brown can go too.

No more numbers men who want to be an AFL coach one day.

Get us someone who IS.

Good article. They're are Neeld haters and Neeld lovers on here. The reality is with the list in its current state and current injuries, norm smith would struggle. It's up to the club to decide whether or not this bloke can coach. I tentatively trust them to make the right decision.

I will call it based on the press conference -"safe!". MN looked like a bloke who had been given the news that he was staying. He was clear, relaxed, open and informative, unlike earlier press conferences. If what he said about the internal markers is true, then he is probably OK. There is probably going to be changes around him.

But Ron, we are magically going to get Paul roos, Leigh Matthews or hell, swooper northey in and our players will magically have the poise, class and structures in to start beating everyone. It's that simple. Oh, and WYL will start going to games again, BBO will stop kicking the alpacas and new threads started daily will drop from 15 "sack the coach" threads back to 2 "jack watts breakout game?" Threads.

• Like 2

I will call it based on the press conference -"safe!". MN looked like a bloke who had been given the news that he was staying. He was clear, relaxed, open and informative, unlike earlier press conferences. If what he said about the internal markers is true, then he is probably OK. There is probably going to be changes around him.

And.... If he does get given his marching orders at 2pm today, this is further evidence that the man is delusional