THE WILSON FILE - the arrogance at the heart of the innuendo

Whispering_Jack

This is where the AFL's whole approach falls on its face

How can they look for something outside the norm when they haven't clearly established the norm by investigating a range of clubs ?They asked a few polite questions of Brett Ratten a couple of years ago - but the Integrity Mob haven't been near him. Other clubs could have set up vaults and installed cones of silence over every desk - and Clothier hasn't even put his head in their door - much less commandeered even one laptop.

Logic says that they can't reasonably ping us without proving that we clearly did things other clubs didn't do. If we are going to get the "natural justice" they have promised , then we are entitled to expect that they will investigate other clubs as well.Why haven't they started ?

I suppose most football followers know that nearly all clubs that are clearly out of finals contention will start preparing for the next season.(this has been going on long before we had the National Draft) . You can transfer that thinking to nearly every other sport except where relegation applies .

So, if we can assume that the 'Investigators' know this, then they're going to be looking for stuff that hasn't been done before . And we haven't done anything that hasn't been done before .

How long has this investigation been going on for ? Over 2 months ? It's my guess they can't find anything so it's 'Case closed' (sooner or later)

However , I thought we'd win the Test match in Adelaide today, so as much as I'm confident of a good outcome for the club, you just never know ^_^

I think the AFL wanted all negative Draft talk stopped, well before the National Draft.

Now its almost done, the microphones will be switched back on & the gloves will be removed IMO.

Yes, get ready for the onslaught once the Tippett case is resolved

Must say it was good tonight to have a drink with a Hawthorn supporter; a Collingwood supporter [" good" is an exaggeration with this one - actually its a lie] and an Essendon supporter [ pretty close to a lie with this one too] ............................. and to have them all agree that Melbourne couldn't possibly be found guilty - and that it was ridiculous that only one club was being investigated.

But then came a gem .... a fanatical female Richmond supporter chimed in " Gee Caroline Wilson really hates Cameron Schwab doesn't she?" "Really ? Melbourne supporters know that .... but you've noticed it as well?" Yes absolutely - she hates him - has done for ages"" You don't have any inside info on that do you?" " No - its just a fact!"

You will all say ....so what?...... and I'll have to agree with you ,,, nothing.!...........: I just enjoyed hearing the obvious volunteered by someone who ought to enjoy Wilson's column.

Everyone is on to you, Wilson!

• Like 1

Buckley has just said that Caroline has just written an article without one direct quote....and she does not have the right to speak on behalf of the Collingwood footy club.

Buckley has just said that Caroline has just written an article without one direct quote....and she does not have the right to speak on behalf of the Collingwood footy club.

Well done Buckley

She really is raking the muck now, ................. using off-the record comments from unnamed sources to attack a club culture.St Kilda as well re Sam Fisher. Interesting how she tries to suggest that Wellingham was pushed for off field reasons If I was Collingwood or StKilda , I'd be furious. At least its not us !

Well done Buckley

She really is raking the muck now, ................. using off-the record comments from unnamed sources to attack a club culture.St Kilda as well re Sam Fisher. Interesting how she tries to suggest that Wellingham was pushed for off field reasons If I was Collingwood or StKilda , I'd be furious. At least its not us !

There is no doubt that these are the issues that turn her on and there will be a lot of denial but as many here know the issues she is talking about are real and as with society in general there seems to be no answer. It's a pity she has to name names with no real proof, just assumption, this is were she lets herself and the issue down.

Well done Buckley

Yes, and no mention of the issues at Richmond at all.

I have no doubt this story has legs, but the selective sensationalism of her reporting is gobsmacking.

• Like 1

Yes Weedster.

She'll say she has written an article expressing concern over Martin - but the tone is completely different. The club is in top of it and managing it carefully versus the club is desperately worried that it is losing control ....

"Selective sensationalism" describes her writings to a tee

• Like 1

Shes become a bit of a joke now .

I dont think shes got any cred whatsoever.

He "sources" are feeding her rubbish which she prints and then cops refutation ,denial and back-handers from the teams she slags.

Cant see her winning a Walkley any time soon .

What was really offensive and distasteful was her reference to John McCarthy's death at an end of season bender in Vegas.

How distressing for his family to read this, especially if no toxicology report has come back yet. Is she guessing? Is it a rumour? If either she should hand in her 'journo badge' or be sacked. Even if fact a tox report is confidential. How dare she take it upon herself to 'release' this.

Even if not guessing, she has stooped to a new low. No respect shown.

• Like 2

Her latest piece on drugs in the AFL mentions players from a number of clubs including swan, fisher, didak...but of course no mention of Martin...wonder why...

Ironic that her husband has just tweeted as follows: "Best ice in Melbourne" and includes a photo.

http://t.co/gqEaLyPB

(Apologies if the link doesn't work. I've never copied a tweet before)

Fairfax Media could not find one senior person at Collingwood this week prepared to defend Swan.

Translation: Caroline Wilson could not find one senior person at Collingwood this week prepared to defend Swan.

Yet Nathan Buckley states, "Still waiting for your call Caroline..." on his twitter - as reported in numerous articles today.

Yep she is a beauty, hey Fan!

• Like 1

What was really offensive and distasteful was her reference to John McCarthy's death at an end of season bender in Vegas.

How distressing for his family to read this, especially if no toxicology report has come back yet. Is she guessing? Is it a rumour? If either she should hand in her 'journo badge' or be sacked. Even if fact a tox report is confidential. How dare she take it upon herself to 'release' this.

Even if not guessing, she has stooped to a new low. No respect shown.

Good call.

The toxicology report is / was done, but the results not released. Even if she does know what was in it, it was unnecessary to bring JM into it - it added nothing to the story.

878 words and she couldn't find room for a single sentence about Dustin Martin, but had no qualms slurring the recently-deceased McCarthy by implication.

Poor form.

• Like 3

Ironically theres nothing Fair about the Facts that Fairfax published.

ought to be Bogusfax or similar ....