• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE WILSON FILE - the arrogance at the heart of the innuendo

Whispering_Jack

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

If they go us we can and must do our utmost to drag every man and his dog into the mud with us, using every tactic possible.

This thing has the potential to topple Demetriou if his base of support feel it's getting out of hand.

We should not cow to the fearful "dont bite the hand that feeds you" movement when/if the [censored] hits the fan. There is a time to retreat and a time to fight. The MFC have been doing too much of the former in recent times.

We should not cow to the fearful "dont bite the hand that feeds you" moovement

Edited for amusement

• Like 1

AD is our friend here. He has the narrow view of tanking that all of us should.

This investigation started when The Bloated One was in London.

Andersen is the one that started this and has shown himself to a wide-eyed idiot of the highest order (never start an investigation you don't know the result of...).

That may not Suit/fit her contacts though, & may anger them.

She's playing the game, they're game.

"tools of the trade"

I did qualify my point........ if she had half an unbiased brain!

If they go us we can and must do our utmost to drag every man and his dog into the mud with us, using every tactic possible.

This thing has the potential to topple Demetriou if his base of support feel it's getting out of hand.

We should not cow to the fearful "dont bite the hand that feeds you" movement when/if the [censored] hits the fan. There is a time to retreat and a time to fight. The MFC have been doing too much of the former in recent times.

Ironically, as rpfc points out, this investigation started when Demetriou was on his "in season" jaunt to the Olympics. I still reckon that if he'd been here - he would have dismissed McLean's sick outburst before Wilson gave it legs.

Well at end of the lady's epistle on Tippett (?) this morning, she threw in that we are prepared to take things to the High Court if necessary. Perhaps proceeds from the next Foundation Heroes dinner will be put to a Fighting Fund! ( Might have to be!)

I am getting sick of this "inquisition", which is what it is. Threatening and intimidating of witnesses belongs somewhere else than an AFL investiagation. Computers now confiscated.

I think the next step should be forceful injection of truth serum, to any witness who has given a statement the investigators didn't want to hear. Are we now living in Russia?

We have had the man who made the famous remark state it was a joke, several players including the captain, who have said they did their best and the Coach admit only to experimentation and list management. Why then if this is the case is this this still an ongoing investigation?

Why also are we the only club being investigated when the Tigers Coach has admitted a breach of Rule 19A to get Cotchin, he admitted doing nothing which is a clear breach of not performing on his merits and the Blues with Fevola and Libba both saying they tanked. Yet on the word of a former player with a less than perfect reputation who has never used the words "tank" or "deliberately lost", we are being subjected to the most intense AFL Investigation ever.

All of this after the AFL CEO has cleared and endorsed our behaviour. I am sorry but this is now a bloody joke and a major embarrassment to the game and the AFL running it.

Surely admissions of players in different positions and experimentation cannot in itself be proof of deliberately losing matches. This practise has been going on for my 50 years of watching football particularly with lower clubs , and never an eyebrow even being raised. this has only become an issue through the AFL creating a priority pick, the act itself has never been an issue. Surely they must need more than that to go us for anything?

Surely admissions of players in different positions and experimentation cannot in itself be proof of deliberately losing matches. This practise has been going on for my 50 years of watching football particularly with lower clubs , and never an eyebrow even being raised. this has only become an issue through the AFL creating a priority pick, the act itself has never been an issue. Surely they must need more than that to go us for anything?

Common sense - and natural justice - agrees with you.

But this is political exercise to preserve the credibility of the AFL - and journos like Wilson with an anti- Melbourne agenda enjoy the taste of blood

• Like 1

But this is political exercise to preserve the credibility of the AFL - and journos like Wilson with an anti- Melbourne agenda enjoy the taste of blood

Then we should take it to the courts

You might be right Old dee, what's that's saying about not going wrong underestimating the intelligence of people?

But as i have posted before CW suggests that the IT people went into the club in October. Let's say for arguments sake it was mid October, that's nearly six weeks, perhaps linger. Seriously, given they are presumably just searching fro incriminating emails and documents (as opposed to some super encrypted secret tanking file that only the greatest tech minds could unlock) surely they would have found something by now.

I mean how long does it take to do a document search? Even it meant someone actually reading through all the emails from key (or even peripheral) staff that were sent from the club in 2009, surely to goodness it would be completed by now. How many could there feasibly be?

Perhaps it is hidden in ......."the vault"! (I think she still believes that there is actually a vault somewhere other than in her bitter twisted imagination).

Unlike # rorting the salary cap what we 'conspired' to do was within the rules.*

*Unless rules change retroactively.

....#"allegedly..."

Perhaps they are struggling to find anything definitive

...see above ...search ..."the vault"!!!!

Just hope the AFL make their move before the end of the year, so we can either hit 2013 with a clear runway, or beating the drums of legal action to clear said runway.

Either way we need clear air come Round 1 to give our boys the best chance to be successful, and for any success to be translated into memberships, sponsors, dollars etc...

They may well let it lie until we get some momentum up preseason, then let Misfit Mifsud out with a leak.

Thats what happens when you put - stops tape *cough* wankers, starts tape again - two cowboys to head the investigation.

When this is over and we are found to have done nothing wrong, do we get a guarantee from the AFL that it's over?

Or do we have to go through this every time some idiot former player decides to put his two bob's worth in?

im suspecting that after this theyll stamp the file file 'case closed-never to be reopened'

When this is over and we are found to have done nothing wrong, do we get a guarantee from the AFL that it's over?

Or do we have to go through this every time some idiot former player decides to put his two bob's worth in?

Probably not - but at least we know after all the $, drama and embarrassment if no conclusive information is found or we win through the courts, that they wouldn't want to touch this issue again with a 10 foot pole... at least with us.

That being said we should still be like a midget at a urinal: on our toes

(Ps, sorry if anyone is offended by that statement)

AD is our friend here. He has the narrow view of tanking that all of us should.

This investigation started when The Bloated One was in London.

Andersen is the one that started this and has shown himself to a wide-eyed idiot of the highest order (never start an investigation you don't know the result of...).

I think Anderson is taking his orders from another higher in command.

I suspect that after the Gillon McLaughlin thing with the NRL, mysteriously cleared itself with Gillon staying, after he had the NRL high payed job in his satchel.

I suspect the Commission decided then that the transition should start, & Gillon was persuaded to stay with the AFL. I suspect that within 12 months a handover will occur.

I think all this stuff is to clean the slate for Gillon.

But the orders would most likely be from the chairperson.

I think Anderson is taking his orders from another higher in command.

I suspect that after the Gillon McLaughlin thing with the NRL, mysteriously cleared itself with Gillon staying, after he had the NRL high payed job in his satchel.

I suspect the Commission decided then that the transition should start, & Gillon was persuaded to stay with the AFL. I suspect that within 12 months a handover will occur.

I think all this stuff is to clean the slate for Gillon.

But the orders would most likely be from the chairperson.

And what he's not compromised.

There are two articles in today's Age about Richmond, one by Wilson about Trent Cotchin and the other by Michael Gleeson about Tiger boss Gary March wanting to change the AFL draw.

Inexplicably, neither article makes even passing mention of comments by then coach Terry Wallace of how Richmond tanked its last game of 2007 in order to secure the draft pick it used to get Corchin.

Disgraceful journalism and an obvious cover up by the Age.

Probably not - but at least we know after all the $, drama and embarrassment if no conclusive information is found or we win through the courts, that they wouldn't want to touch this issue again with a 10 foot pole... at least with us.

That being said we should still be like a midget at a urinal: on our toes

(Ps, sorry if anyone is offended by that statement)

AD may be offended - he is a (nearly) 6 foot Macedonian. But this 10 foot Pole, Ruckinski could do well in the ruck against Sanderlands.
  • Like 1

yet that very credibility, tenuous as it is already, will be further damaged IF they find guilty and penalize one of many who may have played the AFL rules to their advantage in some way.