Box Hill Hawks v Casey Scorpions

looky looky at that ...Coast to Coast ...Thats football. !!! :)))

Dunn....words fail !!

stuffed up...opportunity to make amends....stuffs up .. Says everything

Edited by belzebub59
  • Like 1

- Nicholson is such a butcher of the ball, he's fast and breaks lines, but can't kick so should never play AFL again

Nicholson needs to realise that he will keep missing targets if he doesn't change his kicking action.

It's a like a golfer with a slice, you will keep slicing the ball if you don't change how you swing the club.

Dunn....words fail !!

stuffed up...opportunity to make amends....stuffs up .. Says everything

Not a good passage from Dunn, ignores Watts on the lead (well ahead of his opponent) and goes for goal from 55 metres out instead. Then he marks 20 metres out directly in front and misses the goal.

Edited by Clint Bizkit

Not quite impressive enough today, would've been nice to see Jurrah run the game out a bit stronger, Watts hit a few more targets, Dunn play a bit smarter and Martin get a bit more of it. The opposition wasn't flash, the pressure wasn't intense, not sure there's enough to really know what will happen if these guys get brought back to the AFL side. I wouldn't be totally sure we would improve on Friday night, which is sad

Good effort from Casey to win at Box Hill and make it 6-1 going into the break.

Casey Scorpions 2.5.15 5.10.40  10.14.74 13.19.97

Goals 

Casey Scorpions Fieldsend Taggert 2 Blease Cook Gent Jurrah McGough Martin  Tapscott Watts

Box Hill HawksHughes 2 McCauley Wanganeen  

Best

Casey Scorpions L Tynan Taggert Davis Plummer Fieldsend Nicholson

Box Hill Hawks Murphy Mirra Pattison Hughes Jones Bruce

2012 AFL Vic Development League

Casey Scorpions 3.6.24 5.9.39 10.15.75 14.18.102

Port Melbourne 0.4.4 3.9 5.11 7.13.55

Goals 

Casey Scorpions Smith 5 Cleven Page Petropoulos 2 Collins Clay Johnson  

Port Melbourne Bond Francis Jawad Morris O'Sullivan Sutcliffe Teasdale 

Best

Casey Scorpions Pollard Lang Collins Patti Page Allen

Port Melbourne Johnston McCarthy Sutcliffe Thornton Williams Collopy

Thanks for the reports guys.

Bummer now is that they have 2 weeks off. Terrible for the likes of Cook, Strauss etc. etc. Perhaps Jurrah still needs another run to get his match fitness up. Perhaps they might rush him back in for Sydney, presumably would add something the likes of Petterd don't seem to be able to for the moment.

• Like 1

Jurrah was benched a fair bit in the 2nd half, as was Watts and Green. All 3 of those blokes will be up for selection I reckon. Nicholson made errors but worked hard and got plenty of it, as did Dunn.

So much more entertaining watching the Scorps than the Dees at the moment.

• Like 2

Dunn topped the possies. Hope Jurrah is called up as I am going to next Saturday's game and my son idolises him (well, so do I). First chance I've had to see the Dees in Sydney for a few years.

Dunn topped the possies. Hope Jurrah is called up as I am going to next Saturday's game and my son idolises him (well, so do I). First chance I've had to see the Dees in Sydney for a few years.

Thought Taggert and Davis were both excellent. Dunn is good at this level and should stay here. Watts is a class above but still not hard enough defensively, Regardless he offers us more playing in the firsts the next two weeks rather than not playing at all. Jurrah again was good first half then ran out of legs would not surprise to see him play as sub next week.I though Blease played smarter than I have seen and was alot better defensively.

Jurrah was benched a fair bit in the 2nd half, as was Watts and Green. All 3 of those blokes will be up for selection I reckon. Nicholson made errors but worked hard and got plenty of it, as did Dunn.

So much more entertaining watching the Scorps than the Dees at the moment.

Was it what. Not a big stage and opposition not great but it beats getting beat every week.

They were all being benched a fair bit. Just the rotations i think. Although Jurrah and Green permanently off by about half way through the last. No point risking an injury with the game well in the bag. First time i've had a good look at Spencer. Reminds me of a giant version of Darren Bennett lol (looks wise).

Was watching Green take his glove off after he was benched for good. Had a long chat with one of the trainers as he was removing the taping but probably nothing in it. I reckon we'll see him back in for sure this week if his hand holds up after this match. Jurrah is borderline in terms of readiness (match fitness) but Neeld must be very tempted given his clean handling, finish and ability to find/create time space on the outside. Just read Big Reds comments....Blease provided plenty of options for us outside and gave some great line breaking run. Hard to overlook as well.

A win is a win. Nice to see one aspect of the club going alright.

P.S. A pitty Couch missed

Dunn plays very well , in the main , at VFL level.. Thats his real home

• Like 1

My random thoughts on a few players.

Was very impressed with Blease's game today, laid numerous tackles and put in many 2nd and 3rd efforts around the contest. Seemed to really want the pill and even had a bit of agro about him which I liked. Explosive pace and good skills, particularly considering the conditions. He's right footed yes? He's just as comfortable on the left and can kick at pace. If this kid can translate this to AFL level I think we'll have a new fan favourite.

Martin seemed to get more confidence as the game wore on and I would much prefer him in the side than Fitzpatrick (atm) and Sellar.

Nicholson would be an absolute jet... just a shame he undoes his good work with his kicking.

Taggert looked promising but clearly needs to improve his fitness before he can be considered for AFL selection, seems to have good skills but a few times his decision making let him down. Overall still a fantastic game. If he hadn't of been injured early on during pre-season I think he would have debuted by now.

Cook and Sheahan I thought were fairly impressive considering the conditions. A mile off AFL selection absolutely, but both are excellent decision makers with good skills. I thought Jai, along with Davis, played really well defensively.

Jurrah = Class... Also saw him go in harder than I have seen him previously. Needs to be recalled pending fitness.

Also really liked the other Tynan today, thought he showed a bit.

I reckon Jurrah could play next week. The SCG is a smaller ground so he wont have to do as much running. We need him back to help out Clark in the foward line. Watts will probably come back although at times he still looks like he is just cruising.

I hope Mark Neeld wasnt listening to the GWS GC game on his way home. It would had been a long drive.

Anyway nice to see Casey win and at least 1 team can win.

Any regrets on letting Cam Bruce go?

....................... First time i've had a good look at Spencer. Reminds me of a giant version of Darren Bennett lol (looks wise). ............................

Geez ... I wish he could kick like him.

My random thoughts on a few players.

Was very impressed with Blease's game today, laid numerous tackles and put in many 2nd and 3rd efforts around the contest. Seemed to really want the pill and even had a bit of agro about him which I liked. Explosive pace and good skills, particularly considering the conditions. He's right footed yes? He's just as comfortable on the left and can kick at pace. If this kid can translate this to AFL level I think we'll have a new fan favourite.

Martin seemed to get more confidence as the game wore on and I would much prefer him in the side than Fitzpatrick (atm) and Sellar.

Nicholson would be an absolute jet... just a shame he undoes his good work with his kicking.

Taggert looked promising but clearly needs to improve his fitness before he can be considered for AFL selection, seems to have good skills but a few times his decision making let him down. Overall still a fantastic game. If he hadn't of been injured early on during pre-season I think he would have debuted by now.

Cook and Sheahan I thought were fairly impressive considering the conditions. A mile off AFL selection absolutely, but both are excellent decision makers with good skills. I thought Jai, along with Davis, played really well defensively.

Jurrah = Class... Also saw him go in harder than I have seen him previously. Needs to be recalled pending fitness.

Also really liked the other Tynan today, thought he showed a bit.

Can't argue with you much on this, pretty well summed up.

With the 2 week break I would almost consider giving Taggert a run as the sub. Some of his kicking and spotting up targets was top class today and do we ever lack that at senior level.

Sheahan is another who can really kick a ball and set up a couple of nice goals today.

Blease was really good, great to see his hunger to pressure and tackle today as well as his outside skills. He needs to come into the side and be given a good month of football to consolidate. Yes he is a natural right footer.

I think we will see Jurrah and Watts, maybe Green and Martin with lack of match fitness being the thing that may hold them back. For all that Green has been through in the last couple of seasons he is keeping his head up, good on him.