• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Port Adelaide v Melbourne NAB Cup Week 4

GawnWithTheWind

i say f$%k positives, we been trying to look at positives for the last decade to make ourselves feel better.

End of the day we got thumped with almost our best 22 in.

I hope the team nominates to use both its picks coz if the rest of the year is like tonight, our list will have plenty of space

Well said olisik

On that note I am going to bed and dream about why my father took me to melbourne games.

Dad why didn't you barrack for Hawthorn.............

Guest Gotzy15

The honest truth is we are all living in hope.

We have recruited so poorly in the last so many years.

We are so far off the mark that we need a thorough clean out of mentally fragile players.

We are years away from success and even thats not guaranteed.

It is only the NAB cup but I have seen enough in 4 weeks to warrant saying that we are in a lot of trouble.

Everyone, including me needs to wake up and smell the roses and stop dreaming, our players arent as good as we think. They are good B graders.

This is one of the best posts I've seen on here for..... probably ever actually.sums up exactly how I feel!!! We are just a [censored] poor club with a pathetic culture. We are losers.

I hope the team nominates to use both its picks coz if the rest of the year is like tonight, our list will have plenty of space

I think (given our lack of midfield class and other deficiencies) most supporters would be in utter disbelief if both compo picks weren't activated. We'll know Tuesday though.

Dunn & Bate were both high draft picks so I count those in our recruiting failures. Whether they were recruited under Daniher or Bailey's regime I don't really care - it is still MFC recruiting that I am concerned about.

I think its more the lack of development. Take a look at our first and second round picks dating back to 2003.

If all those drafts were redone today, the only player who would be taken equal or better than their original spot is Frawley.

The recruiters could not have got it wrong every single time. No. It's been the development or lack there of that has let us down.

The most annoying thing is that Bailey was suppose to be a great development coach! Yeah he is not focusing on a gameplan! but at least we know that he is developing the boys well..... sign......

• Like 1

Finally an Air of reason coming to the thread.

We all know that we have many good kids to come into this side over the next 12 months & some.

Davis & McDonald to name 2 will be regulars before too long.

As will Blease, & yes Watts, Frawley & old man TrenGove. Grimes & Jones, Howe & Tynan, Tapscott & Nicholson when he gets bigger & harder, McKenzian & Strauss, Petterd & Magner...

But first the Muscle...

Frankly I've heard it all before and I'll believe it when I see it. We all thought Rivers & Miller would lead us to the holy grail how did that turn out? Dunn & Bate? What about Morton & Bennell? McLean & Sylvia? We're forever pinning all our hopes on a bunch of kids to lead us into the future, what about winning now? Grimes I just hope can get on the park, Tynan hasn't played a game, Nicholson & Magner aren't even on the senior list, Strauss hasn't shown anything to think he will be able to hold down a spot in a successful side...

I think its more the lack of development. Take a look at our first and second round picks dating back to 2003.

If all those drafts were redone today, the only player who would be taken equal or better than their original spot is Frawley.

The recruiters could not have got it wrong every single time. No. It's been the development or lack there of that has let us down.

The most annoying thing is that Bailey was suppose to be a great development coach! Yeah he is not focusing on a gameplan! but at least we know that he is developing the boys well..... sign......

There is definitely that element to it and I have been going on about that for a while also - would guys like Trav Johnstone or Yze have been better players if they had played under Sheedy or at a club like Hawthorn? What about Green or Bruce? A lot of our players over the last 20 years show something in their first season or two and never evolve their game and improve beyond where they are at 20-22 years old.

Neeld has stated this is not a short term plan. His game plan is the polar opposite of Baileys. He is working with what he has which truthfully is a bunch of kids and mature C graders. Get the structures right. Teach the right lessons. Sort out who has the balls to play the footy he wants to play. If we have a poor year have it with 2 compensation picks in play that hopefully unearth the stars we so desperately lack to add to Viney who will be what we expect.

Anyone that expected miracles this year is kidding themselves but it doesn't mean the path that is currently being set is wrong.

If Neeld's plan is the polar opposite of Bailey's then basically (like many have alluded to on this thread) we are only now just bottoming out, the last 4 seasons were basically for nothing. We stockpiled frail outsiders (hoping that we'd become the new Geelong that could cut through opposition sides with silky skills). But now we are going down the "press" road we need grunt and insiders who excel at accountable footy, so basically most of our list are redundant, hence will be largely delisted/traded on over the next 2-3 seasons. Looks like this year will basically be one big trial for the list under the watchful eyes of the coaches to see if they can adapt or perish under the new regime. I'm expecting a firesale at the years end.

I think we'll be finishing bottom 2-3 this year. Gold coast will probably go past us.

Edited by leucopogon

If we can all put off slashing our collective wrists for a few weeks, we can see what happens when the real stuff starts.

Until then I don't give a ff what happens.

The razor will come out if we don't beat the Lions convincingly.

If we can all put off slashing our collective wrists for a few weeks, we can see what happens when the real stuff starts.

Until then I don't give a ff what happens.

The razor will come out if we don't beat the Lions convincingly.

Play like you practice and practice like you play, you spend the final two weeks of pre-season getting pantsed and that's what I'm fully expecting to happen round 1. As some of the others posted earlier, our missing list from tonight hardly fills me with confidence.

• Like 1

You can't afford to be winning too many games when your trying to get extra picks, or you fail at getting the fast rebuild. You can't have it both ways.

The simple answer is to Not let the List go into such a state of disrepair & dysfunctional culture in the first place. but when it has, you have No choice but to scrape the barrel clean & start over.

Then when the list rebuild is done, then you can start to develop them properly. Go the inbetween route, & you'll be called 9thland... Oh Wait, isn't that we we started, 7th, 13th, 7th, 14th, 6th, 12th... This is what we're repairing now.

We are 4 years into a job that will take all of 6 or 7 years to complete.... and then we have to keep the regeneration ticking over constantly.

• Like 1

This is one of the best posts I've seen on here for..... probably ever actually.sums up exactly how I feel!!! We are just a [censored] poor club with a pathetic culture. We are losers.

We are a club that needs to improve dramatically. The culture change that has begun will foster that improvement.

FFS mate get a grip. Only a few weeks ago we beat the Pies. Oh but wait, that was just a NAB game wasn't it...

• Like 1

I mentioned some time ago that our recruiting had been appalling and was shouted down; I wonder if those that did the majority of the shouting would care to comment now. They know who they are.

I had the gall to state as much this past week .

Recieved the same from the fairy floss.

DC I used to have a nightmare that I would spend the rest of my days watching crap Melbourne sides.

I now realise it was real I was not asleep.

O.D. I was starting to think you were just a cranky old bastard, but now i know you are the wise man of demonland.

This list of players is hopeless. Dean Bailey was not the problem at all.

But aern't the Blazers nice.

We need tattoos and muscle. Not Blazers.

Dustin Martin would have been a good start but we passed him by.

Typical.

We will improve dramatically later in the year when we settle down.We will get through this predicament.I feel for WJ whom supports this club and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Thanks for the concern but don't worry about me. While our performances over the past week haven't been particularly impressive, I take games at this time of the year with a grain of salt because the objective of playing them differs greatly from what happens during the regular season.

There's an old saying about "March champions, April fools" and as I said last week. Port Adelaide thumped Geelong by plenty in March 2011 - look where they were at later in the season when the result of games had some real meaning.