Oliver Trade Rumours

3 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

And just as shocking a record as a human being. He’s a slimy grub and should never have been reinstated let alone promoted. 

Can probably thank Caro for that as she is allegedly friends with Tom's dad.

Hutchy also played a part giving him a 12 month stint on SEN prior to the Furnace job.

There's so many slimy characters covering AFL i don't listen to any of them anymore.

When Hutchy sacked KB and the Ox not long after he took over SEN that was the beginning of the end of some reasonable listening of post match media footy stuff for mine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

If there's one thing I've learnt since reading this thread is that old Tommy boy certainly does trigger a few on here lol

He certainly triggers his female colleagues. Just ask them 🙄

Oliver is going nowhere while Goodwin is our coach. I know some on here would love a two for one trade deal and to get rid of both, but it’s not happening. 
Kane told me Kosi was going home to SA. Turns out his home is in WA and he signed a 4 year deal with us instead. Credibility = 0. 

• Like 11
  • Clap 1

7 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Goodwin should make a point of calling out Morris at a future Press Conference. 
He has a shocking record as a Journalist, and it seriously makes me Angry 😡 that he has been promoted over the last 12 months 

He has the personality of a stale Ham Sandwich, you can tell he is on the outer. 

The best response to Tom Morris is to not even acknowledge what he reports.

As a supporter I love seeing Oliver celebrate with his teammates and get around each other for support or to celebrate the good times. It is clear that the club have prioritised his wellbeing while Oliver has prioritised being the best teammate. One thing I've noticed this year is how Oliver seems to be intercepting the ball a kick outside of the contest, and I suspect he has been adding a defensive structure element to his game (similar to what Brayshaw used to provide) allowing our younger players such as Rivers and Kozzie to hunt the ball.

He is a superstar playing some really solid footy and isn't far from his best.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

Doubt he is going anywhere next year but he would want to improve his form drastically in 2025.

Clayton is getting $1m a year +  and delivering a $500,000 a year performance on the field so far.

image.png.a2325b8222975b3d870202adbf6192d7.png

Whilst Oliver has been down on his AFL ELITE standards. he is still ave or above ave in the key statistics.  He has clearly gone to a defensive mid role this year as he doesn't have his usual tank.  He wont be going anywhere unless he wants a change.  

Which going on his rel with goody i can't see that happening.  I'm sure Kane wouldn't have said the same about Peter Burgoyne in 2000 when he was in off field strife.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 4

Tom Morris wouldn’t want to cross paths in a dark alley with Jesse Hogan.

He is a pathetic human. He should still be virtually unemployable with his track record. It’s bewildering that he is still in the industry.

• Like 5

Media (if you can call them that) drops a player's name with the word Melbourne next to it and we have endless threads on how we can trade for said player.

Media drops an MFC name and all of a sudden it is a crock of 💩

This won't ever stop.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

The only smoke here is that which is being blown up gullible fools' fundaments.

Dont give them air they will die a natural death.

Give them instead photos like Goodness with his arm around Oliver and that will change the direction of any news.

Invite the mongrel to come and see the reality, when was the last time this person was at a training run ?

Working off rumours and charlatans for all their own gain.

• Like 1

Unless he has another major off field slip up i really can't see any chance we trade him, he looks happy and healthy again which is wonderful and i actually think his form has been building which is probably a big part of why the team seems to be improving as well. 

with a full pre-season i fully expect he will bounce back to his best footy. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

He certainly triggers his female colleagues. Just ask them 🙄

Oliver is going nowhere while Goodwin is our coach. I know some on here would love a two for one trade deal and to get rid of both, but it’s not happening. 
Kane told me Kosi was going home to SA. Turns out his home is in WA and he signed a 4 year deal with us instead. Credibility = 0. 

To be honest I don't think what he's said is anything controversial.

He hasn't said that Melbourne will be looking to trade nor has Oliver's management are assessing at other options. I'd get it had he said any of this.

With all the noise that Oliver has had since day 1 of this year and still continuing to do so I can understand why clubs will be asking the question.

I mean, as an opposition club you'd be silly to at least not only ask the question but do your due diligence. I can see someone like a Chris Scott and the kids showing an interest. 

Maybe it's me, when I heard this at the time I just brushed it off and thought it's no different to any other star player that gets asked the question every single year.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 6
  • Vomit 1

9 hours ago, JTR said:

Tom Morris creates the smoke, then says "look, smoke"

So, he's an a**e, honest!

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

20 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Where do these jackasses masquerading as “journalists” get off with their gaslighting the Melbourne Football Club?

Clayton Oliver is a little over halfway through his career and yet, has already been winner of the Keith “Bluey” Truscott Trophy for Melbourne’s club champion for an equal number of times (four) including in our only premiership season in the past six decades. 

We can run our club and look after our own when they’ve gone through tough times without taking advice from the clowns on that program who quite frankly need to be better at their jobs than they are at trying to be sensational.

Had they been doing that, then they might have noticed how well Simon Goodwin has managed his player given the difficulties he had to face over the second half of last season and the disrupted preseason he endured this year. Clarry’s still important enough for opposing coaches to find the need to put heavy tags on him and sometimes it works. Mostly, it doesn’t because Clarry is that good.

The simpletons on Footy Classified somehow managed to miss how Goody kept him on the bench in the early goings against the Bombers (he had only one touch in the first quarter). Yet by half time Clarry had added 10 possessions to his tally and by the end of the game, he had 25 disposals (75% of game time) which put him at the club’s equal third ball gatherer behind Ed Langdon (100%) and Trent Rivers (67%). Sure, his disposal efficiency was down but it was wet and someone who plays the way he does at a frenetic tempo is never going to hit every target. He gained 392 metres on the night, second only to Rivers. 

Not long after the siren, it was pleasing to see who Goody was embracing and slapping on the back. Clarry of course because his was a significant contribution to the team’s win.

I’m looking forward to more and better from Clarry over the rest of 2024 and even more so in the years to come when he’ll be able to put in the hard yards over the summer time, add a 5th & 6th Bluey and maybe a premiership or two and we can sit back and watch Cormes and co eat humble pie over their stupidity.

The footy media is a complete joke. 

As is the coverage of games.

Those two things intersected on Saturday night.

It was a text book example of woeful coverage and how the paper thin standard of 'reporting' leads to misinformation - misinformation skewed to make people, in this case clarry, look bad and gin up some faux controversy.

I couldn't make the game because I was sick, so had to watch the game on TV. 

At the start of the second quarter Ling proclaims that clarry only had one possession and said he thinks (but implied he did) Goody gave clarry a bake at quarter time and challenged him to lift.

That gets repeated through the coverage and morphs into a statement of fact.

Clarry gets going and the implication is he is responding positively to the bake.

Straight after the game Rivers is interviewed and is asked about the bake Goody gave clarry at quarter time. 

Riv looks genuinely perplexed and says hw didn't realise goody had given clarry a bake, and talked abour how hard clarry worked.

Given Rivers is actually in the quarter time huddle you'd think he know if goody got stuck into clarry.

It's not 'till next day that I learn on demonland that clarry had spent a big part of the first quarter on the bench, seemingly as part of a  successful strategy to help ensure he runs out the game. 

Did anyone bother to check his minutes on the bench, data they actually include in the coverage?

So clarry not given a bake, nor challenged to lift and not responding to that challenge when he racks up 25 odd disposals in the next 3 quarters. 

His game wasn't part of some peurile redemption, heroes and villans narrative the football media is obsessed with.

The losers in this patethetic high school patomine?

Clarry gets another wack from the media - he's miles off it, and needs a boot up the bum to get going. 

Goody gets no credit for the clever use of clarry to maximise his impact when the whips are cracking in the last quarter (noting we have struggled to run out games).

But most of all football fans who are fed bulltish and treated like fools. 

Edited by binman
  • Like 9
  • Clap 12

Why have we given 2 pages of air time to this f’er and his BS? We all hate him with a passion (he and that Pies POS are about equal in my eyes), yet we spend 2 pages doing exactly what he wanted us to do.

FCS ignore it ( and by “it” I mean him).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

To be honest I don't think what he's said is anything controversial.

He hasn't said that Melbourne will be looking to trade nor has Oliver's management are assessing at other options. I'd get it had he said any of this.

With all the noise that Oliver has had since day 1 of this year and still continuing to do so I can understand why clubs will be asking the question.

I mean, as an opposition club you'd be silly to at least not only ask the question but do your due diligence. I can see someone like a Chris Scott and the kids showing an interest. 

Maybe it's me, when I heard this at the time I just brushed it off and thought it's no different to any other star player that gets asked the question every single year.

Kane suggesting we need to move Oliver on to get rid of his contract, I believe the word 'desperate' was used, is a total load of BS! 

I mean if that moron has done any research he'd know that our salary cap is in a good place with Grundy and Gus both gone. 

As for Tom Morris, he seems to keep wanting to drag our club down. You can suggest that any player with any type of issue is a possible trade option, but this constant need to bring Oliver up in his reporting is boring and tiresome. 

If either of these tools did a smidge of research and watched the Kosi doco, then would they have really come to the conclusion that we desperately want Clarry gone or that we are even open to discussing trading him? Like really?

What next, Melbourne is desperate to move Trac on because his spleen is no good? 

The lack of total accountability from any fool with 2 braincells in the media is baffling.

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 6
  • Clap 1

Tell me did Cornes have this opinion about Clarries contact when he first signed it or is he just doing a pile on after a troublesome 12 months