POSTGAME: Rd 08 vs Geelong

47 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Just 2% behind GWS who were unbackable for the flag last week.  

Yep the talk about Melbourne after beating Richmond by 43 points, was a disgrace by the media and many posters on demonland, king. And Whiteley couldn't put us in the top five in their rankings. If either put us in the top 4 raking I will spew up

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DEE fence said:

BTW JvR held 3 marks, one grab, no chest involved, very promising, was getting really worried he had shot his confidence on taking the ball. Super competitive in the ruck too despite being undersized.

He is always competitive at the ruck, one of the reasons we need him starting week in and week out. No one else can play second ruck at the moment.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gunna’s said:

“We were off early” - Scott

zero respect. 

You were off because….?

Go on Scott, you were explaining why you were off. 

Were there any external variables outside of your own team that contributed to you being ‘off’? 

Another team maybe? Playing against you? On the ground? Applying loads of pressure?

Maybe that, just a little tiny bit, might, have contributed? Maybe?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 4

I was at the game tonight, flew down with some mates (Geelong supporters) I potted TMAC a couple of weeks ago and he was outstanding tonight! I take back everything I said about him.  We were right behind Frittas dribble goal and I apologise to no one after the carrying on I displayed to my mates and every one in the area.  Clarry looked so disinterested in the first qtr but geez he got going late in the game! [censored] you Geelong! 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, layzie said:

Cats fans when Max has the ball beyond the paint of 50...

Scared Breaking Bad GIF by davidsaracino

Whenever Max marks inside 50 he should take the BBB run up get outside 50 run the big arc and kick from there, hardly ever misses. From closer in however......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

Posted (edited)

And how good is it that we don't have to play at that joke of a ground in Geewrong this season? I still have nightmares about last year's game there - wet, freezing cold and overrun in the last quarter. So sweet to turn the tables tonight.

Edited by Flower Magic
grammar
  • Like 6
  • Clap 1

5 minutes ago, Demon trucker said:

Yep the talk about Melbourne after beating Richmond by 43 points, was a disgrace by the media and many posters on demonland, king. And Whiteley couldn't put us in the top five in their rankings. If either put us in the top 4 raking I will spew up

Bud, we were absolutely putrid against the Tigers. Tonight though much different. But the talk of the town this week will be all about Collingwood back in the hunt. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, P-man said:

Loved our tackling tonight. We tackled with intent. It was like Vines gave everyone a pre-game blood transfusion.

Just on Viney he looked dead early in the 2nd and within 10 seconds was up and running it off. He is not human.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

Back six won us the game.

And the tackles.

Mids were beaten apart from Max who lifted after a massive knee to the head which went unnoticed by the umpires.

• Like 1

Unbelievable win. Devastated I couldn’t be there. 

It’s been noted but Goodwin got it spot on tonight. The control of the ball and the defence of the corridor threw their ball movement right off. 

When we bring that level of pressure (13 tackles inside 50 to 2), and set up that well defensively, even the best sides struggle to score against us. And xScore shows that our misses were far more diabolical than theirs, so we should have been further in front for most of the game. 

Petty reminded us why he’s so talented. That sort of marking changes us. Thought Sparrow played much better, as did Viney.

And if Windsor isn’t AA this week, we should all riot.

We’re going to be up against it next week on a 5 day break after that game but even if we’d lost, we are clearly in the flag race this year. Get around us, if you’re not already.

• Like 14
  • Love 3

Just now, Biffen said:

Back six won us the game.

And the tackles.

Mids were beaten apart from Max who lifted after a massive knee to the head which went unnoticed by the umpires.

Mids were beaten?

We won CPs by 3 and clearances by 1. Their major ball winners were half backs (Holmes and Z Guthrie).

• Like 6
  • Clap 1

Posted (edited)

Our game plan(s) are evolving nicely.  Go Dees!

Edited by Deeoldfart
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Gunna’s said:

“We were off early” - Scott

zero respect. 

Scott being typical Scott. A competitive animal who lacks grace and humility. Rarely acknowledges the opposition. Nothing will change. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Does anyone have a contact at the club in the membership department?

For the 3rd home game in a row I had to move people out of our Reserved Seats, and we sat surrounded by Geelong supporters who just wandered in. The MCG staff don’t give a [censored]. I’m over it. 

Yeah. We had randoms sitting in front and behind us all night in N53. Dees and Cats supporters. They would sit for a quarter and then be replaced by other randoms. 

Posted (edited)

Funny looking at this thread compared to 5 or 6 years ago when we were losing games by a couple goals. It would 20 pages by now. Strange how winning changes things.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1