POSTGAME: Rd 08 vs Geelong

36 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Coaches votes are up. Confirm Scott is a complete [censored]. 

His players were "off" but he proceeded to give most of his votes to his own team. 

He has given Holmes and Guthrie the 5 and 4. 

Other interesting insight is Goody didnt give May any votes (presumably). There is a combination where he does give Maysie 1 vote albeit at the expense of Gawn.

VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)
Max Holmes (GEEL)
Zach Guthrie (GEEL)
Jake Lever (MELB)
Kysaiah Pickett (MELB)
Max Gawn (MELB)
Steven May (MELB)
Harrison Petty (MELB)

Would have expected nothing less from Scott

• Like 2
  • Vomit 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Chook said:

Thought I’d post this cracking behind the goals image of our defensive wall stopping the ball coming out of our forward 50.

Good luck getting it out of there with 5 defenders in a wall as the first line and then May and Lever supporting line. Looks like the footy version of some ancient Roman battle formation.

IMG_1632.thumb.jpeg.dd169f0908a25dc471c2988a03a67d9d.jpeg

They also showed this.

5654BCC5-C228-4E3E-866D-92C9F2647776.thumb.jpeg.5633e4783ca19fa95adbfbfb7bd15422.jpeg
JvR retains the ball 65% of the time it’s kicked to him. Number 1 in the AFL and some here think he’s not up to AFL standard. 

Game’s changed since the 12 mark 8 goal games from forwards.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

They also showed this.

5654BCC5-C228-4E3E-866D-92C9F2647776.thumb.jpeg.5633e4783ca19fa95adbfbfb7bd15422.jpeg
JvR retains the ball 65% of the time it’s kicked to him. Number 1 in the AFL and some here think he’s not up to AFL standard. 

Game’s evolved from 12 mark 8 goal games for forwards.

Some on here would have traded Clarry. Plenty on here wanted Petty traded.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

scott said they withdrew bruhn because they wanted to inject rohan into the game earlier for his speed and ability to carry the ball etc.

Well he was wrong again!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When you hate a team and they go and put something respectful on their banner…

E54149C8-025F-4C91-AB71-AAF0AF5CA108.thumb.jpeg.625498a2dfe63634a05d4330ae6207eb.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Some on here would have traded Clarry. Plenty on here wanted Petty traded.

Have they got something  against redheads?

• Haha 6
  • Clap 1

6 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Goodwin has been appropriately praised for the coaching in this game. 

imv, McQualter's impact on our 2024 game style and this week's tactics is being terribly under rated.

McQualter has made a huge difference in the Box, no offense to the Yze, but it is a very different style now 

• Like 7
  • Thinking 1

46 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

E54149C8-025F-4C91-AB71-AAF0AF5CA108.thumb.jpeg.625498a2dfe63634a05d4330ae6207eb.jpeg

Ever since I can remember Geelong's run throughs have looked like kindergarten kids projects. 

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Why are they still sponsored by Ford?

Didn't they throw in the towel when the Gov stopped propping them up?

Isn't the Geelong Ford plant gone?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, IRW said:

The highlight package for me  was Maysie airborne and horizontal ensuring a behind

Picked that live and was impatiently awaiting the review system, expecting it to somehow find a way fail us again.  

Had to settle with being astonished that the Crypto.com contract wasn't the highest priority.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Here you go

GEELONG's former Ford factory has been transformed into a hub for innovative housing solutions

Probably future retirement home assistant living for cats players.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Here you go

GEELONG's former Ford factory has been transformed into a hub for innovative housing solutions

Probably future retirement home assistant living for cats players.

It won't be ready in time.

• Haha 3

If you weren’t convinced that Robbo has no idea about footy, have a listen to him on 360. He thinks Fritta plays for too many frees when Gerard posed the question where Fritta rates as a forward.

I also sent a text to SEN early this morning about Fritta being in a convo for one of the games best forwards. The host said he needs more consistency. 
This bloke is severely underrated still.

In the top 5 for most goals since 2020. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

If you weren’t convinced that Robbo has no idea about footy, have a listen to him on 360. He thinks Fritta plays for too many frees when Gerard posed the question where Fritta rates as a forward.

I also sent a text to SEN early this morning about Fritta being in a convo for one of the games best forwards. The host said he needs more consistency. 
This bloke is severely underrated still.

In the top 5 for most goals since 2020. 

More consistency? He’s more consistent than most key position forwards and a lot more consistent than any other medium forward. He went something like 40 games kicking at least one goal. He also kicked 6 in a grand final. 
I don’t know why he is so underrated. [censored] all over every other forward his size in the league. 

• Like 8
  • Clap 4

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

He thinks Fritta plays for too many frees when Gerard posed the question where Fritta rates as a forward.

I don't think I've even seen him do it once. 

He clearly doesn't watch Melbourne games.

What a load of absolute cobblers.

I rate Fritta as extremely underated.

And that's fine. Let him go under the radar.

He's not a large build but the way he times his " lean intos" and the power from them make him seem around the 100 keg mark.

In fact he does the opposite to trying to get frees. There was a rubbish non decision when he was taken out of a contest against Geelong and Fritta said Zippo.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trisul said:

Picked that live and was impatiently awaiting the review system, expecting it to somehow find a way fail us again.  

Had to settle with being astonished that the Crypto.com contract wasn't the highest priority.

That review was a highlight for me. I hope it took some wind out of cats players and supporters. They were so stoked over that goal and it would have been a damn fine one. Funny, I don't usually rejoice in the misfortunes of others.

Who am I kidding I love seeing bad stuff happen to Geelong . It completes me.  

• Haha 7

23 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

More consistency? He’s more consistent than most key position forwards and a lot more consistent than any other medium forward. He went something like 40 games kicking at least one goal. He also kicked 6 in a grand final. 
I don’t know why he is so underrated. [censored] all over every other forward his size in the league. 

I was very surprised with that response to the text. This guy hosts the hour prior to Garry & Tim and he’s usually good with discussion.

Maybe he doesn’t watch us enough, you couldn’t say lacks consistency otherwise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Ever since I can remember Geelong's run throughs have looked like kindergarten kids projects. 

1 hour ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

And the other side of their banner just said “go Cats”

Put a lot of thought into that!!!

Edited by george_on_the_outer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

I was very surprised with that response to the text. This guy hosts the hour prior to Garry & Tim and he’s usually good with discussion.

What unearthly time of the morning is that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Why are they still sponsored by Ford?

Didn't they throw in the towel when the Gov stopped propping them up?

Isn't the Geelong Ford plant gone?

Yes lItd the production plant closed in 2017 but Geelong Ford are responsible for design and innovation for S/E Pacific plus vehicle testing, etc.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Fritsch is criminally underrated by the average joe schlub 

Maybe as he is skinny, doesn’t crash pack or doesn’t fit into the usual model of a small or tall

He is on track to kick 66.27

most consistent fwd we have had in 5 years

• Like 6
  • Clap 2

15 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

And the other side of their banner just said “go Cats”

Put a lot of thought into that!!!

Can't stretch the minds of their supporters too far George.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Tarax Club said:

Appreciate the link/alerts about the Guardian/The Roar stories. Both thoughtful well written articles with intelligent analyses.

Reminds me of football journalism of bygone years. Alf Brown and writers of his ilk. The Sporting Globe aka ‘the Pink Bible’ after the game on Saturday night, recapping the highs and lows. Greg Hobbs, Geoff Poulter and Ken Piesse. Monday’s Age Patrick Smith et al, The Sun Mike Sheahan et al and later the Australian.

More immediately the radio 3LO 3AW 3KZ and 3UZ which annoyingly had the horse racing calls during the game. And if you were lucky the Demons got football replay on 7 luckier still as winners.

ABC no advertising/self promotion back then and some decent callers. Tim Lane, Drew Morphett et al. Special comments from former players and coaches, especially liked David Parkin astute, articulate worth listening to. 

Now IMHO the ABC caters for disparate demographics and is rife with post-Babel agendas. That attempt to appease ‘moderne’ mores but ultimately diminishes the whole. 

Switched off years ago. Dumped Foxtel and Kayo. Content now to choose and pick even if it is on 24 hour delay. 

What, prithee, is a post Babel agenda?

I miss morphett and Donegan. Parkin too. And yep, even Rex for all his faults 

• Like 1