POSTGAME: Rd 08 vs Geelong

So good to see Petty hit some form .

Some of those marks were huge.

Got great elevation and really clunked them.

• Like 11

Reminds me a little of the Swans game at the G nearly exactly 3 years ago. They were coming but we kept winning 50-50 contests late and got over the line.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, binman said:

A mate, a big dees fan, watched the game at home just texted me and said good thing I watched live because derm would have broken my brain if I had watch it on the box.

They kicked themselves our of the game? 

We were 12 points up on xscore at half time. 

And I suspect halfway through the third the xscore would have been minimum plus 25 with Windsor's miss, kozzies miss and nibblas shocker.

Those 3 goals get kicked 80% of the time minimum (which is how they arrive at xscore).

Thank God we won that game because WE would have been rightly bemoaning gifting them the game.

We dominated the first half of the third and should have got out to a match winning lead.

I'm on my home.

Ill watch the replay and have a laugh at breteton.

It's embarrassing for the sport that bloke is paid to analyse it.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

8 minutes ago, binman said:

A mate, a big dees fan, watched the game at home just texted me and said good thing I watched live because derm would have broken my brain if I had watch it on the box.

They kicked themselves our of the game? 

We were 12 points up on xscore at half time. 

And I suspect halfway through the third the xscore would have been minimum plus 25 with Windsor's miss, kozzies miss and nibblas shocker.

Those 3 goals get kicked 80% of the time minimum (which is how they arrive at xscore).

Thank God we won that game because WE would have been rightly bemoaning gifting them the game.

We dominated the first half of the third and should have got out to a match winning lead.

Definitely could have lost it in the third, was doing my head in, would have been so frustrating to lose.

• Like 5

Fantastic win. Played good consistent footy over 4 quarters. Frittas goal will send me to sleep in orgasmic waves of joy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Wow wee what a game. Just finished watching as I was at a Star Wars marathon today here in the west.

Great game by the boys if we take out that terrible run of points from the 2nd qtr.  I would say it was out best game for the year. 

Good to see Petty get his touch back, what 11 marks most contested.  As I mentioned before he needed a few more games at Casey to find that touch, but it's here now.

Gee, the umpire need to get back to giving 50's for back chat, the amount of disputes by the Geelong players when free given against them was terrible, especially the one where is was telling the umpire he need to look.  The AFL again doesn't enforce rules properly.  I counted at least 5 instances of it on TV.  

Bring on the blues..

Edited by darkhorse72
  • Like 8
  • Clap 3

7 minutes ago, Gunna’s said:

“We were off early” - Scott

zero respect. 

Thanks to us.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

22 minutes ago, Gunna’s said:

Windsors highlights of this game prove he is worthy of 7’s MVP and TV. If he doesn’t get rising star someone must be kicking 10 tomorrow. 
Caleb is a jet and has the ability to be a serious long term player with many an all Australian jacket collected along the way. Love what he is doing now but can’t wait to see what he brings in the future

Btw he is tougher than the Daicos guy, there I said it 😤

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

18 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

May kicked the ball like the real Steve May for the first time in 3 years.

Petty with a proper chf game, he can absolutely do it.

Great games out of Langdon and Windsor 

Plenty to like and a proper tough win 

Petty marked everything that came near him but Roo seemed to be doing the same early. He faded and had a couple of moments he'd like back but if he can mature into the player we think he will and Petty sticks around they can be a pretty formidable duo with Fritsch, Koz, Chandler and McAdam when he debuts around them

• Like 4

Does anyone have a contact at the club in the membership department?

For the 3rd home game in a row I had to move people out of our Reserved Seats, and we sat surrounded by Geelong supporters who just wandered in. The MCG staff don’t give a [censored]. I’m over it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1

21 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

May kicked the ball like the real Steve May for the first time in 3 years.

Petty with a proper chf game, he can absolutely do it.

Great games out of Langdon and Windsor 

Plenty to like and a proper tough win 

100%

Tbe best he has kicked the ball in any game I have seen him play.

A weapon.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Left Foot Snap said:

Gee, that Petty guy goes alright.

:rolleyes:

Correct. All you guys who suggested he be dropped can go to the headmaster’s office for a dunce’s hat

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The heart beats true said:

Does anyone have a contact at the club in the membership department?

For the 3rd home game in a row I had to move people out of our Reserved Seats, and we sat surrounded by Geelong supporters who just wandered in. The MCG staff don’t give a [censored]. I’m over it. 

Level 2A?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Just 2% behind GWS who were unbackable for the flag last week.  

Yep the talk about Melbourne after beating Richmond by 43 points, was a disgrace by the media and many posters on demonland, king. And Whiteley couldn't put us in the top five in their rankings. If either put us in the top 4 raking I will spew up

BTW JvR held 3 marks, one grab, no chest involved, very promising, was getting really worried he had shot his confidence on taking the ball. Super competitive in the ruck too despite being undersized.

• Like 8