PREGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

Soligo got up straight away, no signs of concussion & played on without any issue. Impact wasn’t severe enough for mine.

But because it’s Kozz, no doubt they’ll suspend him for a week. Melbs must challenge.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 2

1 hour ago, SPC said:

I’d be keen to bring in AMW for Kossie. He has been playing back, but is a dynamic small forward with tackling pressure. From what we have available- he is closest to like for like. 

Agree with most that Billing’s should be sub and give Taj a full game. 

I'd prefer him than Laurie.

• Like 1

It's Kolt time baby!  

Kolt in, maybe AMW in too if Kozz out.

Billings out and maybe if we rest BBB bring in Fullerton.  

Can't wait to see Jeffo but maybe not yet...

JUST GET THE KOLT IN ALREADY!

Why are people so keen to drop Billings? Because he doesn't rack up possessions? Doesn't appear on our TV screens as much?

Apart from not converting on the two easier shots (of his three) and lower pressure acts I thought he played his role well last night. He's certainly putting himself in positions to score and still good for score involvements.

Do we just want to change for the sake of change?

Maybe someone from Casey is knocking down the door to come back in. Some people suggesting Laurie. Did he have a big game?

• Like 6
  • Vomit 1

12 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

Pickett's getting suspended though, surely.

no will get a pardon and a set of steak knives

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Young Blood said:

Why are people so keen to drop Billings? Because he doesn't rack up possessions? Doesn't appear on our TV screens as much?

Apart from not converting on the two easier shots (of his three) and lower pressure acts I thought he played his role well last night. He's certainly putting himself in positions to score and still good for score involvements.

Maybe someone from Casey is knocking down the door to come back in. Some people suggesting Laurie. Did he have a big game?

I would probably give him another game.

Your right he was getting chances just didn't convert.

But he had a shocker last week and didn't kill it last night.

He's borderline for me.

I think BBB keeps his spot, and I can see Harris Andrews, Payne and Gardiner going to JVR, BBB and Petty. Hopefully Fritta, Chin and (Woey 2.0/Kossie) > Wilmot, Starcevich and Lester. They play quite tall as a back 6, having good crumbers is key. Hope Kossie isn't rubbed out.

Backline I think Maysie and TMac to Hipwood/Daniher with Rick intercepting. Four mediums/smalls with Rayner, McCluggage, Cameron and Zorko -> Judd, Howes, Rivers and Salo/Nibbler/wingers chipping in.

For me, just the forced change on Kossie if he's rubbed out. I'd bring in Woey 2.0 and have Laurie as sub.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demonland said:

Now 7-0

We don’t want a JJ or Bedford scenario where Woey jnr goes to Freo because he’s the permanent sub.  Need game time and starting next week. Chandler was lame in the second half v crows due to his knee and Woey needed to come in earlier.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, old dee said:

Two things Nascent. Please no more Schache he is at his third club and we know see why. He is not a top level talent. The VFL comp is truely poor. It must be terrible that players cannot play a game every week. Terrible feeder competition. 

I agree

• Clap 1

either no change or pup brown in for pickett

laurie, kolt, and sestan all lack pace / smarts at ground level i50 or are being developed as mids

amw is building as a half-back and showed minimal forward craft at ground level

billings won't be dropped - played in starvation corner and was a key part of our dominance in the third quarter

his field kicking is nice, his goal kicking disastrous

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

Either way, we’ll need a vastly improved performance than from tonight’s game to get the 4 points next week.

Then the boys can rest up for a week

Brisbane have been far from impressive so far this season - they will probably get an easy kill against a young North side and a boost of confidence but they are not in great form imo 

Tough game given that a few players are literally walking wounded. Definitely need that bye for a few.

I'd be tempted to rest BBB and play Fullarton. This would free up JVR from relief ruck and give Max a little less time in the ruck (say 60%).

Win this one and we have built a great launch pad.

If Kozzie is suspended I'm not sure who we bring in. AMW I assume.

If Chandler doesn't come up and Kozzie is suspended we might struggle

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Young Blood said:

Maybe some people have suggested Billings Is teetering on the edge for all the reasons you’ve listed

low possession count

soft as on tackling efforts

terrible attrmpts at kicking goals 

I’m not advocating for him to be dropped but those who are do have valid reasons to question his continued selection 

• Like 5

Unfortunately winter is arriving in Melbourne, rain forecast every day for the next week, including Thursday. Hopefully not around that night.

I'm very interested to see how Brisbane go today against a lowly slide...

I'd be surprised if we don't see a debutant. Either Kolt or Brown, probably the latter if Koz is suspended.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

can't see sideshow bob being dropped

he's in form, the side is playing well, and he has a bye coming up after the bears match-up

Ive seen people on social media calling for him to be dropped. Seemingly forgotten the Port game so soon. 

Even with his minimal involvement against Adelaide he helped the team.

Body positioning helped a few team mates clutch marks, something that Schache can't seem to bring to the table. 

Also had a rundown tackle in the F50! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1