Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

And he's right about this.

4 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

So where does the accountability for this lay?

tne fwd coach?

Coaches, if they aren't listening then that also falls on the coach, if the coaches aren't innovating then the other teams catch us out.

It is a long season, gee hope they can adjust, or at least 'buy in'.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, defuture15 said:

And thats where BBB and TMac exelled in 21 lead up and marking leaving fritter and kossie to create

Yep, but we don't have them or anyone to play those roles at the moment.

...and we didn't have Koz.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kev martin said:

The talls are too one dimensional. Straight line leads, no repeat efforts or coordination between them. The three talls could all be moving in opposite directions, then going again, making space and causing the opps to be spinning their heads in confusion. The static set up we have at the moment is a defenders dream.

That’s when we have them all available. Thats not  often either. 

New coach even Mini not Stafford.  If he can’t get his message across move him on.

Need an expert from who is unbiased to go in and spend time with the group and come up with some moves etc.

Employ Johnno Brown  perhaps Mathew Lloyd or Jack Reiwolt ?? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

46 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Demon3165 most on this site understand that we have a forward 50 connection problem. In the last two years we have run out of key forwards leading into our finals campaigns with devastating results, however what hurt us the most was goal kicking accuracy. This year we have bought in McAdam, Fullarton, Billings to provide a different skill mix and help improve connection and to provide Max with a chop out. But we have started the year without Petty, Brown, McAdam and Fullarton due to injury and Kozzie due to suspension. Only time will tell whether the addition of this group will help us improve connection But I would bring Fullarton or Verrall into the team immediately and send Josh back to Casey.

I'd agree our accuracy isn't great, however look at how we take our shots.

Lots of marks taken deep in the pockets on the boundary. Lots of snaps through congested traffic under pressure from chaos balls.

Of course we're going to miss lots of those.

Teams rebound off us and move it fast into an open forward line.

Fritta one on one, Kozzy one on one, JVR leading into space would make a huge difference to our conversion rates. 

It's a dog's breakfast in there. Watching Viney drag two guys on his back while he snaps goals is fantastic to watch but it's low percentage play.

Locking the ball in with 32 players in the f50 arc is low percentage play and leads to poor conversion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rjay said:

Yep, but we don't have them or anyone to play those roles at the moment.

...and we didn't have Koz.

They seem to like using Roo in that role but maybe im thinking too simply in my experience of positional

play all over the ground. It used to be if u didnt have the tall forward you played to your strengths

We had a poor kicking team but dominated in 2018 with bash and dash.

Is it just lack of fit players, poor accuracy in front of goals or an unwillingness to try something different?

Im glad im not a coach or a player!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Neil Crompton said:

Firstly, we don’t have a forward coach who can effectively teach leading patterns, and proper forward skills - either that or our players are too dumb to follow instructions. (I have never seen a forward line as stagnant and crowded as ours often is - or as many players flying for a mark at any one time, - or so few players roving the packs for the inevitable spills).

YEP ... IGNORE AT YOUR PERIL AND APPARENTLY WE HAVE.  SAME LINE COACH, SAME LAME FORWARD CRAFT!

Secondly, we don’t seem to have the skills in our midfield to hit leading targets, even if our forwards did offer leads, nor the nous to move the ball quickly forward so that the opposition don’t have the time to flood our forward line.

THERE WAS ONLY ONE EXAMPLE THAT PROVED THIS WRONG ON THURS NIGHT AND THAT WAS MCVEE RUNNING IN BOARD AND HITTING FRITTA LACE.OUT.   I'D BE SHOWING THIS TO EVERY MID & WINGER AND SAYING THIS IS THE WAY.   ALONG WITH THE DESIGNATED LEADING FORWARDS.  BUT WHY?  THIS SHOULD BE STANDARD M.O.  DO WE MOVE MCVEE UP ONTO THE OTHER WING AND SALEM GOES BACK TO COVER?   KOZZY MORE MID MINUTES TO TAKE OVER THE GUS (NOW SALEM ) ROLE.

Fix these issues first, then we might find that our current forwards might actually be all we need. Until we do, a new key forward would simply be a waste of money. We had a great forward recently in Jessie Hogan, and we wasted his ability with our our game plan (or lack there of) and our inability to hit his leads. 
I think it all boils down to coaching - and, on evidence so far, we are failing badly at this.

AGREED BUT ALSO KEEP IN MIND JESSE WAS PLAYED AS A HIGH CHF COME PART TIME PLUS ONE MID A FAIR CHUNK OF THE TIME TOWARDS THE LATTER PART OF HIS TENURE WITH US. 

EFFECTIVELY UNABLE TO LEAD OR HONE HIS MARKING CRAFT ETC AND LOST THE WHOLE MODUS OF A DEEPER CHF ROLE & / OR FF.  IN THE END HE WAS A PLAYING A ROLE COMPLETELY FOREIGN TO WHAT HE HAD ATTEMPTED TO LEARN EARLY IN HIS CAREER WITH US EVEN THOUGH HE DID PRETTY WELL FOR A KPF HERE.

I DONT NECESSARILY AGREE THAT A SERIOUS KPF WITH PEDIGREE LIKE A TEX OR TOMOHAWK WOULDN'T END UP FIXING MANY OF THESE ISSUES.

WE LACK A FORWARD GENERAL SIMILAR TO THIS WHO LETS EVERYONE KNOW WHEN THEY'RE STUFFING UP.A LA MAY & RICK DOWN BACK.

"GET OUT OF MY LEADING LANES FCS!   WHY ARENT YOU SMALLS GETTING FRONT & SQUARE MORE OFTEN" ETC

FAR TOO OFTEN OUR FORWARD METHODS & PLAY IS A DOG'S BREAKFAST AND JUST TOO OVER CROWDED & NOT MANY MULTIPLE LEADS HAPPENING.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, demon3165 said:

It's been a problem for two years the coach admits it, so tell me how they have tried to make it work when you have a game plan that's down the line play and contest to contest.

That's not to say McAdam who can take a mark that could help but you have to ask why he was not a regular in the crows side.

Injuries.

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

I believe they all have their strengths that the structure doesn't cater to.

Schache can mark well when given clear air and is a good kick. Needs the others to kick well to him and for the halves to pushing be away from goal.

Chandler will hit the ball at pace, manoeuvre in tight areas and when 'on', snaps well. Ball has to hit the ground or a chaos delivery, for him to come into his own. 

Laurie is more of a mid, though works best when the stoppages occur, powerful through the hips and will bring others into play.

Spargo is a pressure forward, though if they get the ball into his hands outside the 50, he can hit up players. Bombing it in, then he is focused on the defender and not creating.

Shame coaching staff don't use players' strengths

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 58er said:

But thats our smalls minus Kossie. What about our talls? 

Yes what is it Picket? 

I really Believe Goodwin has run his race

1 Hasn't addressed our forward entry issues

2 Got rid of Grundy

3 Have not solved our Glaring need for a Big aggressive forward

4 Has no plan B much less C

5 Is a average to poor matchday coach

6 Plays favourites even when underdone or seriously out of form

We FLUKED a premiership by any definition and since then have stagnated

I think that about covers it

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 3

“They simply have not improved their key forwards stock for five year whilst they’ve had the best list in the competition.”

JVR may well become a very good (or better) key forward but in his second year at AFL level he cannot be expected to be a solo KPF.   
Yes blaming injuries may be seen as a cop out but every time last season we did seem to form a combination injury struck.  I hope we can conjure up a support for JVR before any possible call of the west takes hold. 
And as for Dermie saying he doesn’t read the play well or know how to position as a KPF, can anyone answer why we have a ruckman as a forward coach?  
Maybe Dermie could put his hand up and become the messiah who  converts our forward line into greatness.   

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, picket fence said:

2 Got rid of Grundy

Disagree we fluked a flag.  That was years in the making.

All credit to SG, the boys and the club here.  They aren't easy to get into let alone win one.

But selection integrity severly dented on Thurs night with Spargo getting the nod over Billings.

Guy plays and trains his arzz off and plays in both praccys only to be usurped by someone who barely hit the training track the week leading into round zero and coming back from inury.

Not the way to build solid player & team morale imv.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Disagree we fluked a flag.  That was years in the making.

All credit to SG, the boys and the club here.  They aren't easy to get into let alone win one.

But selection integrity severly dented on Thurs night with Spargo getting the nod over Billings.

Guy plays and trains his arzz off and plays in both praccys only to be usurped by someone who barely hit the training track the week leading into round zero and coming back from inury.

Not the way to build solid player & team morale imv.

As I said Simon plays favourites.. end of story. If Spargo and or Chandler play Sunday it is a disgrace!

14 minutes ago, picket fence said:

As I said Simon plays favourites.. end of story. If Spargo and or Chandler play Sunday it is a disgrace!

Disagree that we fluked a flag. We dominated the finals series and the majority of the season. We went 10-0 to start ‘22. That’s not fluking a premiership. 2022 we were banged up in the finals and fell away in both games. 2023 was disappointing ..but finished top 4. Again, evidence that we are a good football side. 

I wholly agree with your assessment of Spargo and Chandler though. Their games were absolutely pathetic. That’s a harsh word to use, but it is absolute truth. You can also add Laurie to this list. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

2 Got rid of Grundy

This is a hard one picket.

At times I think Goody is not a great coach.

I then reflect on results.

He won us our first flag in 57 years.

The last 2 years we have spent 2 weeks out of the top 4.

In 22 we had injuries derail our flag chances, with Clarry, Trac, Max and several others all injured in the finals.

In 2023 we had injuries absolutely kill us at the end of the year, Gus knocked out and then JVR suspended.

We lost all 4 finals in 2022 and 2023, not only with the injuries and suspensions, but with terrible kicking for goal, with more scoring shots than our opposition in every game.  

We had bad luck with Max touching a goal from Clarry and then a goal being taken off ANB for God knows what against Carlton.

So better luck with injuries, dirty knock outs and suspensions, but most importantly reasonable kicking for goal, could have seen us with 2 more flags.

What would we say about Goody as a Coach then.

Which of the above factors is the Coaches' fault, injuries, suspension, dirty play and poor goal kicking?

Would it be unfair to say that Petty, Melk, Gus and/or a fit BBB and Tom Mac playing and we beat the Pies and and go straight into the PF against GWS and then possibly into the GF against Brisbane?

Can we criticize Goody for perceived mistakes, absolutely, but gee, look at the above and there is a clear argument to say he is unlucky not to be a triple flag coach right now.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

2 Got rid of Grundy

Finished 1st end of home and away season and beat the Lions before destroying the Cats and Dogs in the next 2 finals. Geelong went on to win it the following year. 2021 was no fluke.

• Like 6

Even though it was introduced in our flag year, I think the stand rule ushered in a new era of ball movement in the afl. 

It has become very clear that if you could load your back half and midfield with accurate kickers who are fleet of foot, you can effectively march the ball down the field uncontested. Sydney did this very well on Thursday. 

I think it has drastically reduced the importance of strong contest teams - us and the Bulldogs of '21 -  honestly, if you can find a mark and then play with speed, you can get the ball to goal without ever encountering something close to a contest.

It feels to me - not sure if the numbers bear this out - that both the absolute number of important contests, and the relative importance of those contests to scoring and defending - has reduced in recent years, and the teams that are trending up aren't necessarily the best contest teams, but ball movement/kick-mark/risk teams with kickers and athletes. 

We are for the most part, old school - brute, brawn, accumulate in the middle, slow/intercepting down back, weight up numbers up forward. Players like Lever in particular are a bit of a fish out of water in the modern game, unfortunately. 

We lack speed, we lack skill (comparably) - which was not the way the game trended as we built this list in the lead up to 21. 

No coincidence imo that the dogs also fell away post '21. Our confidence carried us far in '22 and even last year, but it feels to me watching other games that it is just trending away from our strengths. 

Recent recruiting and selection I think somewhat confirms this. Taylor Publicly went for "the two best kicks" in '21 (bowey and Laurie - both not necessarily strong contest players at those picks), they've fast tracked McVee who is a rare modern player on our setup, and this year picked Windsor (speed) and Tholstrup (explosive). 

It feels obvious really when you look at it. Our best players are contest winners, brutes. There are few players you'd back more to win contests than Viney, Petracca, Oliver, Gus, May, Gawn. But most people wouldn't describe any of them as overtly skilful. We all lament how hard our goals seem to be - that's because its who we are. We don't have Nick Blakey to zig his way around 4 layers of the zone defence in one run and then deft one around the corner to a free man at 35. He was literally responsible for about 6 goals on Thursday.

Who are the other top sides best players?

Daicos X 2, Pendlebury, De Goey, Quaynor, Moore, Hill, Elliott. 

Kelly, Whitfield, Ash, Coniglio, Daniels, Greene *2, Taylor

Neale, Mcclugage, Coleman, Cameron, Zorko, Rayner 

Blakey, Heeney, Papley, Warner, Gulden, Lloyd

Every team has a slightly different profile but other than Kossie, Fritsch who are forwards and on his best days Salem, it just doesn't feel like we have the same mass of skilful line breaking X Factor players that the modern game is rewarding. Certainly not behind the ball. 

Carlton are an interesting watch as they are built in our image - but not many teams have 2 different Coleman medal winners up forward. 

Now clearly we've still had a lot of success over the last few years since the stand rule. That's largely because our contest is so good, we're still going to beat most teams outside the top 4. So contest is still important - but I think at the very top level, slightly less important to be good at that than it is to good at moving the ball. 

I'm not blaming any external factor here - the game is always changing - but ultimately we have a pretty dogmatic coach stuck in a bit of a bygone era and a list built for a slightly different time. 

This was longer than intended, apologies 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

As undeniably simplistic as Dermie's thinking is, he is right that we haven't had a gun key forward in many years and we haven't adequately developed the ones we drafted (Stafford)

Tmac and BBB were only ever going to be short term bandaid. BBB's knee gave us one year in 21 and Tmac has fallen in a heap quickly after the grannie.

Not convinced Jeffo is the answer, nor that JVR is more than a 3rd tall. Petty is terribly injury prone and is not the white knight many think he will be. And don't get me started on Hogan or Weid

Would be interesting to find out what effort we've put into recruiting a pack crashing key forward in the last 5 years

Though I am reminded by an ex Land poster who claimed a couple of years ago that Tex Walker to the Dees was a done deal, lol!

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

This is a hard one picket.

At times I think Goody is not a great coach.

I then reflect on results.

He won us our first flag in 57 years.

The last 2 years we have spent 2 weeks out of the top 4.

In 22 we had injuries derail our flag chances, with Clarry, Trac, Max and several others all injured in the finals.

In 2023 we had injuries absolutely kill us at the end of the year, Gus knocked out and then JVR suspended.

We lost all 4 finals in 2022 and 2023, not only with the injuries and suspensions, but with terrible kicking for goal, with more scoring shots than our opposition in every game.  

We had bad luck with Max touching a goal from Clarry and then a goal being taken off ANB for God knows what against Carlton.

So better luck with injuries, dirty knock outs and suspensions, but most importantly reasonable kicking for goal, could have seen us with 2 more flags.

What would we say about Goody as a Coach then.

Which of the above factors is the Coaches' fault, injuries, suspension, dirty play and poor goal kicking?

Would it be unfair to say that Petty, Melk, Gus and/or a fit BBB and Tom Mac playing and we beat the Pies and and go straight into the PF against GWS and then possibly into the GF against Brisbane?

Can we criticize Goody for perceived mistakes, absolutely, but gee, look at the above and there is a clear argument to say he is unlucky not to be a triple flag coach right now.   

Fair comment!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fr_ap said:

Even though it was introduced in our flag year, I think the stand rule ushered in a new era of ball movement in the afl. 

It has become very clear that if you could load your back half and midfield with accurate kickers who are fleet of foot, you can effectively march the ball down the field uncontested. Sydney did this very well on Thursday. 

I think it has drastically reduced the importance of strong contest teams - us and the Bulldogs of '21 -  honestly, if you can find a mark and then play with speed, you can get the ball to goal without ever encountering something close to a contest.

It feels to me - not sure if the numbers bear this out - that both the absolute number of important contests, and the relative importance of those contests to scoring and defending - has reduced in recent years, and the teams that are trending up aren't necessarily the best contest teams, but ball movement/kick-mark/risk teams with kickers and athletes. 

We are for the most part, old school - brute, brawn, accumulate in the middle, slow/intercepting down back, weight up numbers up forward. Players like Lever in particular are a bit of a fish out of water in the modern game, unfortunately. 

We lack speed, we lack skill (comparably) - which was not the way the game trended as we built this list in the lead up to 21. 

No coincidence imo that the dogs also fell away post '21. Our confidence carried us far in '22 and even last year, but it feels to me watching other games that it is just trending away from our strengths. 

Recent recruiting and selection I think somewhat confirms this. Taylor Publicly went for "the two best kicks" in '21 (bowey and Laurie - both not necessarily strong contest players at those picks), they've fast tracked McVee who is a rare modern player on our setup, and this year picked Windsor (speed) and Tholstrup (explosive). 

It feels obvious really when you look at it. Our best players are contest winners, brutes. There are few players you'd back more to win contests than Viney, Petracca, Oliver, Gus, May, Gawn. But most people wouldn't describe any of them as overtly skilful. We all lament how hard our goals seem to be - that's because its who we are. We don't have Nick Blakey to zig his way around 4 layers of the zone defence in one run and then deft one around the corner to a free man at 35. He was literally responsible for about 6 goals on Thursday.

Who are the other top sides best players?

Daicos X 2, Pendlebury, De Goey, Quaynor, Moore, Hill, Elliott. 

Kelly, Whitfield, Ash, Coniglio, Daniels, Greene *2, Taylor

Neale, Mcclugage, Coleman, Cameron, Zorko, Rayner 

Blakey, Heeney, Papley, Warner, Gulden, Lloyd

Every team has a slightly different profile but other than Kossie, Fritsch who are forwards and on his best days Salem, it just doesn't feel like we have the same mass of skilful line breaking X Factor players that the modern game is rewarding. Certainly not behind the ball. 

Carlton are an interesting watch as they are built in our image - but not many teams have 2 different Coleman medal winners up forward. 

Now clearly we've still had a lot of success over the last few years since the stand rule. That's largely because our contest is so good, we're still going to beat most teams outside the top 4. So contest is still important - but I think at the very top level, slightly less important to be good at that than it is to good at moving the ball. 

I'm not blaming any external factor here - the game is always changing - but ultimately we have a pretty dogmatic coach stuck in a bit of a bygone era and a list built for a slightly different time. 

This was longer than intended, apologies 

I was there last Thursday and am willing to give an excuse as I was soaked after 2 by 1.5 km walks and packed light rail trip of 12/15 mins. 

So I feel that true skill in the slippery conditions made us look jittery and uncertain and lacking in dare. 

However we were one paced mostly ( Kossie can overcome some of this look but ) but the small ground was not used by us well either. 

Only Sunday will give us a pointer to our frailties but we need to lift or the Dogs will be too quick in pace and ball movement. 

JUH worries me I don’t think we have a natural defender to mind him. He is too slippery then he will out mark other medium defenders. Maybe Marty might be a chance but Stephie will have his hands full with Norton. On the contrary maybe our forwards will far a bit of a respite. 

But who would you back to score 90 plus points to win or score more accurately?  Dogs with tutor forward riches do we will need to get back to our contest around the ball and English will be formidable zi predict. Is just getting better and better. Maybe Fullarton should be thrown in to help Maxie who iwes us one ( he knows). 

If we can jag a win on Sunday beat Hawks then the cavalry might be back up forward for SA for 2 huge games. Tigers await and we need to beat them. If so a 3-3 result is not season defining at this stage. 

Petty is the big one as he will take pressure off Rooy who must start  leading more than flying from the back of the pack. Crumbles also must be in position. ( terrible Goodwin selection of Spargo too soon without a game or two in Casey) Billing’s great start not honoured is not a good look after Saints left him cold also. 

McAdam is prob 3/4 weeks away. (Would you play him without Casey warm up games???) may be SA start too rich to start career in. 

One Swallow ( Sparrow ) was  underwhelming also and fumbled like all of us did. 

New game Sunday as we don’t as a rule play 2 bad games  in a row. 

Sydney’s form vs Pies on Sat night might give us an idea perhaps also. 

Hope we honour Angus Sat to raise the bar also. 

12 hours ago, Brownie said:

I'd agree our accuracy isn't great, however look at how we take our shots.

Lots of marks taken deep in the pockets on the boundary. Lots of snaps through congested traffic under pressure from chaos balls.

Of course we're going to miss lots of those.

Teams rebound off us and move it fast into an open forward line.

Fritta one on one, Kozzy one on one, JVR leading into space would make a huge difference to our conversion rates. 

It's a dog's breakfast in there. Watching Viney drag two guys on his back while he snaps goals is fantastic to watch but it's low percentage play.

Locking the ball in with 32 players in the f50 arc is low percentage play and leads to poor conversion.

But thats the Goodwin game plan isnt it?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, kev martin said:

I believe they all have their strengths that the structure doesn't cater to.

Schache can mark well when given clear air and is a good kick. Needs the others to kick well to him and for the halves to pushing be away from goal.

Chandler will hit the ball at pace, manoeuvre in tight areas and when 'on', snaps well. Ball has to hit the ground or a chaos delivery, for him to come into his own. 

Laurie is more of a mid, though works best when the stoppages occur, powerful through the hips and will bring others into play.

Spargo is a pressure forward, though if they get the ball into his hands outside the 50, he can hit up players. Bombing it in, then he is focused on the defender and not creating.

“Schache can mark well when given clear air and is a good kick. Needs the others to kick well to him and for the halves to pushing be away from goal.”

Maybe but that’s a scenario that’s relevant in training drills and sometimes at lower levels 

Against half decent opposition it rarely if ever happens 

I watched the GWS game and took particular interest in Cox and how GWS defended him inside F50. As much as I can’t stand the bloke he can mark if given clear air and can kick straight. However just like Schache he is rendered completely useless when teams apply any pressure to him in the air or impede his run and jump at the ball. 

• Like 1

Another very interesting thread 

we have been poor since mid 2022 getting the ball into a scoring spot 

The boundary line is not it. 
our forward line is often congested with little intent. And poor leading or passing to the lead.  

McVee to Fritz is the only standout I remember.  Clean precise and to the right position.   Maybe because the camera angle was behind McVee. Who gave it to McVee ?

The coaching for the running patterns or our inability to get clear space, it’s been poor since forever.  And I do not think we have a plan B or C, or it is not implemented quick enough. But plan A is NQR.  In certain circumstances. Like hot n slippery.

I think our personnel is OK.  Not great but as good as some other clubs.

is there a big, strong, accurate kick, fit, 26 year old forward player we could draft in the mid year. 

Repeat interesting thread , we need to work with what we have not what is a pipe (wet) dream.

We play Sunday?  We need the rest conditions killed us in the 4th Q, 

thanks for the thread

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rjay said:

Lets start with McAdam, like he's not in our side now he spent a lot of time injured at Adelaide.

Ok, we've been through this a lot but you don't want to believe it.

We all know there's a problem, the coach, the FD, the fans, the media...

The game plan can be argued, it drives me to distraction as well.

...but if we don't have the forwards it's no point opening the game up for opposition rebound.

We would get scored heavily against.

As much as I hate the game plan, I don't think it's the issue.

It's the cattle...you can't put out a forward line of Schache, Chandler, Laurie & Spargo and expect big scores.

...but the options weren't really there.

Every time we've come up with something that looks to work injury has struck us down.

Petty straightens us up, McAdam will be a help and I reckon Tholstrup will be a beauty.

Kozzy cost us big time the other night.

The game plan will change when we get the forward mix right. Bringing Salem into the midfield mix will also be a big help, but again injury (Bowey) might torpedo this. I sure hope we persist.

We're not refusing to acknowledge there is a problem, as you say Goody himself acknowledges it to the point of boredom.

Ok I will explain this another way, you start a business and had a business plan in place in place made money then the following two years you are losing money and you have an idea why what do you do?

A Keep doing the same thing over and over again.

B Look at the why you are losing money and change the way you do business.

So what would you do?

Yes injuries didn't help but if you don't have those players you make changes such as don't bomb it boundary side when you don't have a high marking option you try and move the pill around till it opens up, just remember Goodwin has acknowledged that it is a problem you cannot deny that.

As mush as I hate stats with a passion we had 37 more inside 50's than the pies and lost and you don't think there is a problem with connection with the forward line?

• Like 2