Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2024 Preseason Training Thread

WERRIDEE

3 hours ago, Matt Demon said:

No idea if we're at Gosch's or Casey, I'm going to take a punt and head to Casey. 

This is what my life has come to, heading to random football grounds with no guarantee of the event actually being on and even if it is I'm relegated to standing behind a cyclone fence.

Matty get that report in, my day is relying on you ,go you good thing

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, forever demons said:

how come you censored [censored] its an every day word these days

Don't worry about it, FD. This way, we can make our own minds up about what you wrote. Think of your "censored" having the same influence as "Make America Great Again". MAGA has never truly been defined and means different things to different people depending on their age, geographical location and education level, amongst other things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Don't worry about it, FD. This way, we can make our own minds up about what you wrote. Think of your "censored" having the same influence as "Make America Great Again". MAGA has never truly been defined and means different things to different people depending on their age, geographical location and education level, amongst other things.

ha ha crappy crappy crappy

• Haha 2

jiminy cricket GIF

“Patience grasshoppers, it's still cricket season.”

Edited by Tarax Club
  • Haha 3

I will be able to file a report next Monday assuming they are at Casey,would like to be able to do it this Friday, but depends on other commitments😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 2

Apologies @WalkingCivilWar, @Roy Boy, and others. Without my intervention about the MFC training times post we may had had more observers down at Casey, and therefore a training report.

The club is yet to update the information about the training schedule.

So misleading and unclear is the communication to us.

"Training sessions are scheduled to return to Gosch's Paddock in the week beginning Monday January 15."

Wish they would get there act together.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/teams/training-times

Thanks WCW for your information, please keep me in the loop.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 5
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

Apologies @WalkingCivilWar, @Roy Boy, and others. Without my intervention about the MFC training times post we may had had more observers down at Casey, and therefore a training report.

"Training sessions are scheduled to return to Gosch's Paddock in the week beginning Monday January 15."

Agree wholeheartedly Kev. It’s like training lotto. Are they at Gosch’s or are they at Casey. If it’s at Casey will it be an open session or watching from a perimeter fence. It’s school holidays and a great chance for the club to engage with younger supporters by encouraging them to view a session. The players are great with the kids when the opportunity presents itself but the club does a real poor job of promoting / advertising training and quite frankly it shouldn’t be that hard to do in this day and age. 

• Like 9
  • Clap 1

The problem is the work experience kids who run our communications haven't returned from school holidays. 

Same situation as last year when the club site said training at Gosch's only for the people who turned up to find out it was at Casey. 

How hard is it to update a website? 

We don't need 50 photos each day, we need information.....try writing something!

@Six6Six does a better job with the photos anyway!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

Thanks Kev,

Yep wouldn’t think it is that hard to put training times up on website, North has theirs up with times and location.

I have 2 young children 8 and 6, who are on school holidays, it is the ideal time to get the kids down to training, seems a missed opportunity.

Might email the club for some feedback 👌

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, rjay said:

It's very poor...if they can't get this right you have to wonder what else is going on behind the scenes in managing our club.

We're distinctly amateur hour at times.... bit embarrassing for an elite level club I'd have thought...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, kev martin said:

No need to apologise whatsoever, Kev. You go out of your way to let everyone know where/when training is despite the Club chopping and changing without notice.

Of course I’ll post whatever I hear whenever I hear from my go-to. At this stage it’s at Gosch’s this Wednesday. Might see you there! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It is a shame the Club is bereft of information, whilst Young Demon Blood is on School Holidays 

We need Kids to bond …

Watching Training up close is huge for little kids 

Didn’t we move to Casey to build our supporter base as it was in the major growth corridor of Melbourne? So it’s great that we are training at Casey at times unknown and when you do, you keep the sessions closed during school holidays and all other times for that matter lest a fan stumble into the inner sanctum. 

Of course I understand the need for utmost secrecy regarding our game plan, the new one we develop around this time every year that starts out with a few nuances but by the second half of the season looks exactly the same as it has for the past 5 seasons.

Using a boxing analogy the Goodwin game plan reminds me of a heavy weight slugger who only knows one way to fight, keep moving forward throwing as many punches as possible hoping by sheer strength to overpower your opponent. It works most of the time until you run into opponents who know how to really box. That said for one glorious period of 10 weeks in 2021 we boxed like Ali and destroyed all before us. Where did that magic come from and where did it go?  

• Like 7
  • Clap 3

13 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Didn’t we move to Casey to build our supporter base as it was in the major growth corridor of Melbourne? So it’s great that we are training at Casey at times unknown and when you do, you keep the sessions closed during school holidays and all other times for that matter lest a fan stumble into the inner sanctum. 

Of course I understand the need for utmost secrecy regarding our game plan, the new one we develop around this time every year that starts out with a few nuances but by the second half of the season looks exactly the same as it has for the past 5 seasons.

Using a boxing analogy the Goodwin game plan reminds me of a heavy weight slugger who only knows one way to fight, keep moving forward throwing as many punches as possible hoping by sheer strength to overpower your opponent. It works most of the time until you run into opponents who know how to really box. That said for one glorious period of 10 weeks in 2021 we boxed like Ali and destroyed all before us. Where did that magic come from and where did it go?  

The biggest difference from 2021 has been the crowded forward lines we now have to cope with.  And that started from early in 2022

Couple that with our slower ball movement along with less corridor football and the crowded forward line gets even worse

And then last year we started getting injuries to our first choice forwards so we ended up with a makeshift forward line trying to function in a crowded situation with the ball coming in, in a bombing style

We're asking our forwards to stand underneath those bombs so what chance have they got?

Despite all that we won 16 games in the season proper in both 2022 & 2023 (stellar defence, excellent midfield, accountable footy, a zone defence that operates well and a terrific contested style) 

So we need to get smarter up forward and with our delivery to the forward line.  Certainly with the speed of those inside 50 forays

We need to change because we have to change.  That's where having some fresh ideas from McQualter can be invaluable

As previously stated elsewhere, I'm confident that we'll see a different game style that can really hurt the opposition

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Macca said:

The biggest difference from 2021 has been the crowded forward lines we now have to cope with.  And that started from early in 2022

Couple that with our slower ball movement along with less corridor football and the crowded forward line gets even worse

And then last year we started getting injuries to our first choice forwards so we ended up with a makeshift forward line trying to function in a crowded situation with the ball coming in, in a bombing style

We're asking our forwards to stand underneath those bombs so what chance have they got?

Despite all that we won 16 games in the season proper in both 2022 & 2023 (stellar defence, excellent midfield, accountable footy, a zone defence that operates well and a terrific contested style) 

So we need to get smarter up forward and with our delivery to the forward line.  Certainly with the speed of those inside 50 forays

We need to change because we have to change.  That's where having some fresh ideas from McQualter can be invaluable

As previously stated elsewhere, I'm confident that we'll see a different game style that can really hurt the opposition

You have just perfectly described the mess aka our game plan.

For those following at home who still persist in suggesting this really ISN'T  our game plan....but just a less than stellar equittal of what is 'supposed' to be our methodology I'm affraid that's  not the case.

What is...IS

We've essentially been playing slightly altered variations of this style for quite some years now.  If it was supposed to be anything else it would have been amended by now. That is hasn't,  that this dross and criminally wasteful durge continues  must suggest it's by design...i.e it's condoned therefore...IS .

We'll NEVER win another flag unless we stop this stupidity and play with more direction, more verve, more flair and more skill..   Need to play clever footy

Hopefully we may get glimpses of something different leading into season 24....   if we don't.....meh....god help us

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@beelzebub, good points.  We have made 2 significant changes that should help,  McQualter in as clearance coach, and Chappy as defensive and Transition coach.  Both are going to make a difference.  I can also see elite ball users being favoured.  My hope is you will see the manic whole team defence with manic whole team attack!

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

22 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

You have just perfectly described the mess aka our game plan.

For those following at home who still persist in suggesting this really ISN'T  our game plan....but just a less than stellar equittal of what is 'supposed' to be our methodology I'm affraid that's  not the case.

What is...IS

We've essentially been playing slightly altered variations of this style for quite some years now.  If it was supposed to be anything else it would have been amended by now. That is hasn't,  that this dross and criminally wasteful durge continues  must suggest it's by design...i.e it's condoned therefore...IS .

We'll NEVER win another flag unless we stop this stupidity and play with more direction, more verve, more flair and more skill..   Need to play clever footy

Hopefully we may get glimpses of something different leading into season 24....   if we don't.....meh....god help us

So sadly true ,Bubsie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

@beelzebub, good points.  We have made 2 significant changes that should help,  McQualter in as clearance coach, and Chappy as defensive and Transition coach.  Both are going to make a difference.  I can also see elite ball users being favoured.  My hope is you will see the manic whole team defence with manic whole team attack!

One can only hope...   Who's tasked with forward craft ?

It has to be rem... the line coaches etc are only there to do Goodwins bidding.  He ultimately must change how we play. The assistants only follow the game book.

• Like 4