• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Max Promises Tough Love this Preseason

Demonland

3 hours ago, picket fence said:

What I want to see is

A No media interviews of any kind other than obligatory after match coaches post game AFL Commitment

B Any players approached for anything in the media to give a polite NO COMMENT and move on

C No more explanations  a la Pert and Goodwin on SEN

D Give the Media ABSOLUTE ZILCH win lose or draw in season 2024 ZILCH! 

I'm a big believer in the Alan Jeans school too 'picket'...give 'em nothing.

The most boring press conferences in the history of AFL were Jeansy's..

3 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

This is so out of touch with reality. 

The CBA requires players to be available. Sponsorship requires players and coaches to be available. Media rights require players to be available. 

We are always going to have players commenting in the media. Your suggestions here are never going to happen, nor should they. 

...but alas 'picket', 'titan' is right, we're living in a different time.

Players now have responsibilities to promote the game and the club.

I really hope we see none of the BS like tough love, we've turned the corner, last year really hurt, we've learned our lessons kind of stuff.

Max gave none of that, just a few generic comments, no promises.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mach5 said:

Not at all, but he’s a key player as CEO, if that’s not obvious.

What’s obvious is that you’ve got it in for Pert, to wit:

On 10/11/2023 at 14:52, Mach5 said:

The hour of how-not-to-attempt-damage-control on SEN was typical of Pert’s arrogance. Make no mistake - media managers at other clubs were/are laughing at us.

On 10/11/2023 at 19:48, Mach5 said:

Pert already scrimps in this department, with the equivalent of work experience kids handed the reins and then Pert stepping in to lend his vast experience & expertise any time a curly situation arises, i.e. arrogantly overrates his own ability and prefers underlings who are yes-people, leading to the debacle we had on SEN recently. 

On 10/11/2023 at 20:22, Mach5 said:

He’s f&$@ing around with my footy club and squandering our years of dominance set up before his time, that’s what he’s doing. I do take that personally.

So you see, this is why I asked you if Pert has single-handedly f&$@ed around with your footy club and squandered our years of dominance, (to use your words)…  if that’s not obvious. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

What’s obvious is that you’ve got it in for Pert, to wit:

So you see, this is why I asked you if Pert has single-handedly f&$@ed around with your footy club and squandered our years of dominance, (to use your words)…  if that’s not obvious. 

Mate, we know you’re a sycophant, but do you actually have anything to add?

I actually sat down with a media manager from another club last weekend who brought up Pert, eye-rolling and laughing about the SEN debacle. And I’m sure they’re not the only one.

I’d give Pert credit where it is due, but I’m still waiting...

• Like 1
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Mach5 said:

I actually sat down with a media manager from another club last weekend who brought up Pert, eye-rolling and laughing about the SEN debacle. And I’m sure they’re not the only one.

I stopped reading after this.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mach5 said:

lol. so that's the best you've got. some anonymous "media manager" who "rolled his eyes"?

[censored], you should get a job at the hun. you'd be in good company.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 2

10 hours ago, Mach5 said:

When you say “we”, exactly how many are there floating in and around your head? 
Your mis-projected anger and anti-social behaviour is mind boggling. The idea a media manager from a AFL club, or anyone for that matter, would sit down with you and give you the time of day is also mind boggling. 

Edited by Demonsterative
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

FFS. Close this thread what a load of bollocks !

for most here it’s  loaded posts at 40 paces

turn and fire.

its almost summer, chill , we will be training the house down soon.

i got one cannot wait for some positive posts 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Demonsterative said:

When you say “we”, exactly how many are there floating in and around your head? 
Your mis-projected anger and anti-social behaviour is mind boggling. The idea a media manager from a AFL club, or anyone for that matter, would sit down with you and give you the time of day is also mind boggling. 

Evidently you’d be quite surprised.

But you probably think we came out of the SEN incident smelling like roses?

Been watching some 2021 games.

Thee is no doubt we played with more freedom in 2021. We were extremely unselfish and looked for other players nearly every time. Lots of pats on the back, helping players up when they were on the ground, stepping in when an oppo player was trying to be tough etc

That care for our team mates and 'selflessness' disappeared in 2023. Maybe the 2021 hub was conducive to playing like that but thats what we have to get back to.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Mach5 said:

You don't think 2018-2023 has been a successful period for the CEO, given it's included rolling operating profits, membership growth of just shy of 30,000 and a premiership in the AFL, VFL and AFLW? 

I reckon he deserves a little bit of credit... 

say what you will about the SEN interview, i will acknowledge it could have gone better, but i guarantee you it meant an enormous amount to Goody and the players that the CEO would go in to bat for them, the club and the culture like that, and i additionally guarantee he did it for them, not for us or the general public.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Been watching some 2021 games.

Thee is no doubt we played with more freedom in 2021. We were extremely unselfish and looked for other players nearly every time. Lots of pats on the back, helping players up when they were on the ground, stepping in when an oppo player was trying to be tough etc

That care for our team mates and 'selflessness' disappeared in 2023. Maybe the 2021 hub was conducive to playing like that but thats what we have to get back to.

I can also attest to what a great tonic it is watching games from 2021.  Have re-watched the GF and PF in recent ( @Demonstone) weeks and it is food for soul.

The 'veil of negativity' that has started to descend back here on Demonland since late 2022 is becoming quite unenjoyable.

Here is my take on things:

1.  You only need to look at what has happened to the other teams that were in our GF and PF to some extent to see how realitively good our form has been since 2021.  The Bulldogs have fallen away badly and Geelong certainly wasn't able to backup as being a true compeditor in 2023.

2.  I actually think our forward line and ball movement was starting to get back to 2021 type level in the back quarter of our 2023 H&A season.  The game against the Tigers when they were making a late charge, but we still had all of Petty, JvR and Melksham up and about our willingness to share and seek good options around goal was back.  Very few teams would have even remained compeditive as we did with the consistent churn through our forward line this year.

Max and Goody are in my view exceptional leaders.  Their ability to be both positively focused, while still being harf self critics, compeditive and always looking for improvement is exactly what is needed.  Sucess isn't final, failure isn't fatal, it's the corurage to continue that counts is the sort of mantra I think the epitomize well.

As an asides, I was reading a few days ago how Trent Cotchin and his wife hoasted Dusty Martin for a period following the chopstick assault saga in 2015.  Perhaps this bodes well for Clarry's stay with the Gawn family.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, 640MD said:

FFS. Close this thread what a load of bollocks !

its almost summer, chill , we will be training the house down soon.

i got one cannot wait for some positive posts 

Let me divine the future for you. Expect to see the following positive posts over the next few months:

• I'm/he's/they're fitter than I've/he's/they're ever been before
  • I've/he's/they've not missed a session/ missed a beat
  • (on draft night) He comes from a quality family
  • (on draft night) We got everything we wanted
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Let me divine the future for you. Expect to see the following positive posts over the next few months:

That's it thank you. Just that,   the sort of thing to bring a smile to my ugly dial,   but I want more information,  What youngsters are going to "step up"  etc, etc    thanks   and many thanks to all the track watchers , whatever they write.

Like the boy on the burning deck    Backs to the Wall  and fight ALL the barrstards

• Like 1

6 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

One thing I wont be doing at this rate is Training Reports from Casey.. whats the piont??

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 2