2023 GRAND FINAL

Demonland

Ugh you just think of moments where the pies could have been beaten but they annoyingly held on.

I thought they wouldn't have enough goal kicking power to win especially when McStay went out, presumed Brisbane had the better forward set up but stupid hipwood couldn't kick. 

At least Brisbane can go home and escape this, we have to hear about it until next year

10 hours ago, praha said:

I actually don't know how to feel. I like *something* about Collingwood but I don't know what. They are just superbly coached. McRae is a very special get for them. Everyone here bangs on about our forward line but you cannot convince me they have more talent up forward than we do. It is 100% strategic. They set themselves up to succeed deep and quickly. We win long in defense and hope going to the well enough times will suffice.

Never has a team been both so uninspiring yet so inspiring at the same time. 

They are either gifted wins through the opposition's own choking/incompetence, or they just *find a way*. 

They are undoubtedly the best in a very tight core of 4-5 teams that encompasses Melbourne, Brisbane, Carlton, Sydney and GWS. 

I am just shocked that they have won and won the way they did. Just truly shocked.

Some here probably don't realise it bit we have absolutely thrown away a premiership this year with our choke in the QF. 

Good on Collingwood. Once they beat us they absolutely knew it was right there for them.

Both teams kicked into their fwd line to team mates in better position

Very little bombing in. Chip kicks inside or over the top. 

We stopped doing that and are selfish. Fritta and kozzie are the two worst. Spargo is probably the best at finding a team mate

Until we learn to be smarter with our ball use i50 we're going nowhere

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Both teams kicked into their fwd line to team mates in better position

Very little bombing in. Chip kicks inside or over the top. 

We stopped doing that and are selfish. Fritta and kozzie are the two worst. Spargo is probably the best at finding a team mate

Until we learn to be smarter with our ball use i50 we're going nowhere

Very true, we will struggle until our ball usage is refined, more deliberated and forwards move to space (and don't tell me there just ain't no space on the football field - particularly on the 'G). 

Edited by Deemania since 56
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

What’s the general opinion about the quality of the game itself? I found it lacking some big moments, and the 3rd quarter was very dull. News media talking about it being one of the greats, but I certainly don’t feel that way. It was close, but a touch devoid of some magic? 

I was just talking about this with a friend.

I said even though it was close I still felt like it was boring…

no massive plays, no big moments. Once game finished I was like.. oh cool… anyway… and then off to chat to people 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

You know what I won't miss seeing. Peter daicos. I get the history, he was a great for the pies & has produced 2 great sons but gee it wasn't about you this week. 

Inserted himself way too much this year.

You've had your time Pete, rack off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

43 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Ugh you just think of moments where the pies could have been beaten but they annoyingly held on.

I thought they wouldn't have enough goal kicking power to win especially when McStay went out, presumed Brisbane had the better forward set up but stupid hipwood couldn't kick. 

At least Brisbane can go home and escape this, we have to hear about it until next year

It wasn't his kicking, but his lack of getting the ball !!

It’s a challenge after winning a flag to trade & improve your list but since 21 who has come in to improve our list Only Hunter has played the most games & honestly he’s kicking is very average, the Grundy disaster saw the pies bring players to improve!

IN: Dunstan,  Brodie Grundy, Lachie Hunter, Josh Schache, 

Filth 

Nathan KreugerPatrick Lipinski Tom Mitchell, Dan McStay, Bobby Hill, Billy Frampton

Edited by Demonsone
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

JFC Pies fans on the socials are obnoxious as hell. 

That's why I'm staying off them. Stupid me when on last night & saw Dane Swan gloating. 

It annoys me that people like Eddie McGuire will be up and about today and there feral fans.

But gee Collingwood fc are going to be raking in the cash with all the memorabilia

• Like 1

CLOSE THE BOARD

Ok then, with the GF, about two teams we either hate or are indifferent to, over.  We can now close the ‘Melbourne Demons’ board over the summer.

Therefore leaving the trading and drafting board, and the ‘AFL Womens team’ (whatever that is) board.

Because if we can’t talk about the only ‘Melbourne Demons’ team playing in a concurrently running league on the ‘Melbourne Demons’ board - I don’t really know what the point of the ‘Melbourne Demons’ board is.

• Clap 1

After watching small forwards run rampant in the grand final yesterday how could anyone not want Nick Watson in this year's draft, we need more goal scorers no matter the size, he's only one centimetre smaller than Kozzie, we don't get enough scoreboard impact from Spargo, Neal Bullen and Chandler 

17 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

It’s a challenge after winning a flag to trade & improve your list but since 21 who has come in to improve our list Only Hunter has played the most games & honestly he’s kicking is very average, the Grundy disaster saw the pies bring players to improve!

IN: Dunstan,  Brodie Grundy, Lachie Hunter, Josh Schache, 

Filth 

Nathan KreugerPatrick Lipinski Tom Mitchell, Dan McStay, Bobby Hill, Billy Frampton

Their only ins I’d rate are Hill & as an ok McStay. Tom Mitchell did his part. Dunstan was ages ago.. Grundy protected Max …ultimately didn’t work but 16 other teams would have grabbed him..Hunter was fine & yet to be seen with Schache. We just needed either one fit forward or Brayshaw & we would have been there yesterday. Brisbane’s flaws were there to see yesterday..slow ball movement..suspect defence & poor game plan…kick it long to Joe. We get seduced with their form because of their success at their home ground which is a massive advantage..a bit like Geelong 

54 minutes ago, Demongirl35 said:

I was just talking about this with a friend.

I said even though it was close I still felt like it was boring…

no massive plays, no big moments. Once game finished I was like.. oh cool… anyway… and then off to chat to people 

Magic Moments...

Hill's mark

Bailey's solo goal

Cameron's run into goal square & goal

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Deestar9 said:

Their only ins I’d rate are Hill & as an ok McStay. Tom Mitchell did his part. Dunstan was ages ago.. Grundy protected Max …ultimately didn’t work but 16 other teams would have grabbed him..Hunter was fine & yet to be seen with Schache. We just needed either one fit forward or Brayshaw & we would have been there yesterday. Brisbane’s flaws were there to see yesterday..slow ball movement..suspect defence & poor game plan…kick it long to Joe. We get seduced with their form because of their success at their home ground which is a massive advantage..a bit like Geelong 

Both teams trades from 21 & 22, out trades flopped , Hunter yeah average, Pies got salary cap relief with Grundy & topped up and have premiership players from their trades. We got sucked in thinking 1 player would simply replace Jackson  & fix our fwd issues.

Edited by Demonsone

22 minutes ago, Lewis said:

After watching small forwards run rampant in the grand final yesterday how could anyone not want Nick Watson in this year's draft, we need more goal scorers no matter the size, he's only one centimetre smaller than Kozzie, we don't get enough scoreboard impact from Spargo, Neal Bullen and Chandler 

It's not the small forwards that the issue, it's the flawed system that Goodwin has that doesn't play to their advantages.

Goodwin wants all our small forwards to be the link up option instead of actually being there for the drop of the ball. Too many times are smalls are pressed so high up that when we win back possession through sling shot we have no one in space to kick to their advantage

I can't remember the last game where our  genuine small forwards have created goals from being front and centre of the forwards or given the space and opportunity ahead of goal.

Look at the way McRea uses Hill. In our system there is no way he gets so much space an opportunity as what he does at Collingwood. 

I'm all for Watson, but not if Goody is going to run with the same flawed system that he's had the past 2 years.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

50 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Inserted himself way too much this year.

You've had your time Pete, rack off.

Channel 7 to blame for that. He could have been less conspicuous though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

That's why I'm staying off them. Stupid me when on last night & saw Dane Swan gloating. 

It annoys me that people like Eddie McGuire will be up and about today and there feral fans.

But gee Collingwood fc are going to be raking in the cash with all the memorabilia

No cheese boards for that lot though 🤣

• Haha 1