PREGAME: Rd 20 vs Richmond

Demonland

1 hour ago, Demon Dynasty said:

You can't just swing a KD forward without training fot it over an extensive period.... most likely off season.

May did start off his career in a brief stint as a KF but it's probably too late in his career now and you are robbing Peter to pay Paul taking him out of a Premiership defensive line up.

Too small and no g'tee Fritta will return back to full fitness / form in time for finals.

I wasn’t serious with either 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

I think people are overrating Richmond again

Their last month:

- Smashed by Brisbane by 81 points at the Gabba

- Beat Sydney at the MCG by 13 points

- Beat West Coast by 38 points

- Beat Hawthorn by 1 point after trailing all game

They are still a threat, especially with Dusty in good form, and they took it right up to us earlier in the year, so of course we have to take them seriously.

But they will struggle to make the 8, with games still to come against us, Dogs, Saints and Port away. They had the draw, but so did Geelong and Carlton, who are on the same number of points, but have a far better percentage.

Yep, they’ve looked nothing short of appalling a lot of the time over the last few weeks. I tipped Hawks last week. In no parallel universe should they have lost that game. They just stopped.

But agree Dees have some fatigue again…really hope we put this woeful lot to the sword. 

3 hours ago, Deebauched said:

"Melbourne look beaten up or banged up" ????   Why?

Melbourne dont look beaten up and why would Melksham get dropped FFS.

Richmond almost lost to Hawthorn last weekend.....Dads army. Huge crowd will help Tiges  but no cigar.

Negativity in full swing again.  We've just beaten two sides that threw everything at us. 

We’ll said, one poster thinks we’re beat up & Viney needs a rest then every one jumps on board & now we’re buggered

Get over yourselves & give the team & coaches a bit of credit 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deebauched said:

"Melbourne look beaten up or banged up" ????   Why?

Melbourne dont look beaten up and why would Melksham get dropped FFS.

Richmond almost lost to Hawthorn last weekend.....Dads army. Huge crowd will help Tiges  but no cigar.

Negativity in full swing again.  We've just beaten two sides that threw everything at us. 

And if we get a swag of our supporters turn up it will also help our boys.  
It’s pretty much the best (and only way) that we can tangibly help our team. We owe it to them. Simple as that. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, old55 said:

IMO Richmond win this.  They've got very close to their best line-up available.  Yes they are missing Nankervis, but Soldo is capable replacement, Lynch is a big out - I think if he was available they'd be a real threat in finals this season.

They have a strong backline with Balta, Grimes, Vlaustuin, Broad and Rioli.  They have their full midfield complement and it's very deep: Taranto, Prestia, Bolton, Martin, Hopper, Baker, McIntosh, Ross, Pickett, Cotchin.  As above, their forward line would be much better with Lynch in, but they have sufficient dangerous avenues with Riewoldt, Martin and Bolton.

They're playing for their season and we're looking beaten up - Jack Viney, who has been carrying us for weeks, needs a rest and he won't be able to get it this week.  Clarrie can't come back quick enough now - we may get some respite vs North the following week.

There'll be "season-over" vibes on Demonland following the match, but I don't buy into that, we're still a very decent shot at the flag despite my pessimism about this week.

At first I thought I might agree with this but then I thought about it some more and I'm not sure I do.

For starters, why are we "looking beaten up"? Is Viney really that in need of a rest? Even if he is, is there a single other player who looks "beaten up" (Brown doesn't count, he isn't "beaten up", he's simply playing at what appears to be his ceiling of fitness).

And then there's Richmond. Last week they were 5 goals down to Hawthorn at 3QT. The week before they beat West Coast. The week before they were trailing Sydney most of the game (a side who was in the bottom 6 from the bye until this week). The week before they were blown off the park by Brisbane in one of their worst games in 7 years.

Are they actually that good?

10 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

At first I thought I might agree with this but then I thought about it some more and I'm not sure I do.

For starters, why are we "looking beaten up"? Is Viney really that in need of a rest? Even if he is, is there a single other player who looks "beaten up" (Brown doesn't count, he isn't "beaten up", he's simply playing at what appears to be his ceiling of fitness).

And then there's Richmond. Last week they were 5 goals down to Hawthorn at 3QT. The week before they beat West Coast. The week before they were trailing Sydney most of the game (a side who was in the bottom 6 from the bye until this week). The week before they were blown off the park by Brisbane in one of their worst games in 7 years.

Well they arnt as good as the Dee's.. 4th on the ladder must surely prevail  eventually, even if notionally  challenged for the first 3 quarters, just as earlier in the season.

It's time to bed down the run home 

12 hours ago, Roost it far said:

I wasn’t serious with either 

I've got Maysie running forward in the dying minutes of the G/F to kick the sealer when all seems lost. But not a moment sooner and never again #Compton64

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, IRW said:

I've got Maysie running forward in the dying minutes of the G/F to kick the sealer when all seems lost. But not a moment sooner and never again #Compton64

I’ve got Viney ripping it out of the hands of Howe to put us 37 points up after we were 36 points down in the second quarter. 

5 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

I’ve got Viney ripping it out of the hands of Howe to put us 37 points up after we were 36 points down in the second quarter. 

Not only that but I've got him planting a big smooch on him straight after and then sending him a 'wish you were here' postcard in November. 

• Haha 2

On 7/24/2023 at 11:43 AM, whatwhat say what said:

i wonder if goodwin will go back to his stated word, and play petty forward if they're bringing him straight back in

tomlinson had a few 'oh my god' moments, but he wasn't on his pat malone along with may, and played well enough to hold his spot - one thing going against him is richmond are not an overly tall forward structure

jj and sparrow looked knackered but i'm going to choose to blame the long break between competitive games

wouldn't surprise me at all if hibberd was the in for tomlinson, and petty came in to play forward, presuming bowey is right to go, i'd go:

OUT: tomlinson, brown
IN: hibberd, petty

smith stays as sub

if bowey is no good then tomlinson probably holds his spot for mine

I would love to see Petty play fwd again. Would also like to see Hibbo back in the team. I fear however if Tommo is dropped he might not get another look in. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I would love to see Petty play fwd again. Would also like to see Hibbo back in the team. I fear however if Tommo is dropped he might not get another look in. 

When is it that Petty forward has " "worked"?

It's been tried and has  been ok but no way a "lock",yet down back over at least 2 seasons he's been part of a serious backline glue.

Hibberd in would be an idea as well.

They are running out of room down back which is about the only argument for Petty forward 

Edited by IRW
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

Look I'm the "beaten up" culprit and I'm guilty of generalising Jack Viney to the entire team. Jack has been monumental across the period Clarrie has been missing and he just looked justifiably spent at the end of the Adelaide game.

I think we need to persist with the attacking move of Petracca forward and that places more load on Jack, although happily this has been mitigated by Angus really stepping up in the midfield - some pretty good depth there, and Kossie playing higher.

I do fear that Richmond's midfield might get a hold of us this week and will be glad to see Clarrie back and Jack get a break when it's possible.

Other better judges think I'm jumping at shadows, let's hope so. "Happy to be wrong" 😀

• Like 3

On 7/25/2023 at 8:52 AM, layzie said:

Why do people hate Hunter so much? It's wrong, obnoxious, egregious, preposterous, outrageous, un-woke and supercilious.

Hunter only has the one hater ... same bloke moves from player to player and then absndons the hate once that player proves him wrong

The effigy in the garage requires a different head from time to time

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Clap 2

5 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

MCG expecting a couple of big crowds this weekend.

85k expected Friday night and 60,000 for our game.

Sunday Sunny and 19oC!!

can't wait, nothing better than a sunny arvo at the G

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

60,000? Is that it? They nearly had that for the hawks game. 

44 minutes ago, Megatron said:

60,000? Is that it? They nearly had that for the hawks game. 

the Tigers fans turn up for a likely win against the Hawks.  Won't be as many of them there to see us smash them

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

60k for a non ANZAC eve/non final wouldn’t be a bad result considering we’ve only seen that three times in our history with the tigers….

• 76k - Rnd 22, 1998 (Dees home game)

• 62k - Rnd 14, 2011 (Dees away game)

• 60k - Rnd 15, 2006 (Dees home game)

surprising isn’t it!!

and just in case anyone was wondering….yes, we won all of those games above 💙❤️

21 minutes ago, DubDee said:

the Tigers fans turn up for a likely win against the Hawks.  Won't be as many of them there to see us smash them

Want to bet?

Dee's three in a row makes a loss more likely would be their thinking

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, IRW said:

When is it that Petty forward has " "worked"?

It's been tried and has  been ok but no way a "lock",yet down back over at least 2 seasons he's been part of a serious backline glue.

Hibberd in would be an idea as well.

They are running out of room down back which is about the only argument for Petty forward 

Ironically in his last game forward when he was injured for a good time after.

Was leading and marking very well.

I know it's only one game but he did look good.

• Like 3

On 7/25/2023 at 8:52 AM, layzie said:

Why do people hate Hunter so much? It's wrong, obnoxious, egregious, preposterous, outrageous, un-woke and supercilious.

layzie - are you using that name as a pseudonym and your real name is Roget?

• Haha 1