• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 17 vs St Kilda

Demonland

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Well you may just see exactly that!

I now feel I’m closer to my dream job than ever. Reece has already asked me if I can run 10km in 120 minutes to which I answered yes (I lied) and he knows I don’t want to be paid, so there’s a saving for the Club. But whereas it’s always been me who broaches the subject, last night while I was chatting with *Richo in the race Reece walked past and said (in front of Richo!), “I know, you still want my job, right?” So, either I’m short-listed, or he just said that to shut me up (hot tip: it won’t work).

*Pregame Richo asked me “what’s on the banner tonight?” I said “‘Christian Salem… Master of Precision’ It’s his 150th game.” Richo paused for a moment then said, “Oh yeah, it is too!” 😁 All good though, we remember these things so as they don’t have to. ♥️💙

WCW ,you truly are Amazing, you rightly deserve the honour of other initials added to your avatar! According the powers invested to me ye shall now be known as...

WCWLBL..

WALKING CIVIL WAR LUNCH BOX LEGEND

🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I now feel I’m closer to my dream job than ever. Reece has already asked me if I can run 10km in 120 minutes to which I answered yes (I lied) and he knows I don’t want to be paid, so there’s a saving for the Club. But whereas it’s always been me who broaches the subject, last night while I was chatting with *Richo in the race Reece walked past and said (in front of Richo!), “I know, you still want my job, right?” So, either I’m short-listed, or he just said that to shut me up (hot tip: it won’t work).

*Pregame Richo asked me “what’s on the banner tonight?” I said “‘Christian Salem… Master of Precision’ It’s his 150th game.” Richo paused for a moment then said, “Oh yeah, it is too!” 😁 All good though, we remember these things so as they don’t have to. ♥️💙

When you get the job, make sure you carry extra hair product for when Fritta is back. Gotta get the hair looking top notch in finals 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

@Macca I don’t know what you keep on this, I mentioned Brayshaw once in the first qtr, But you seem to have a agenda and I’m not being your horse to ride. 
Please stop mentioning me in this, we obviously see things differently on effective disposal vs Clanger vs poor disposal and I don’t give enough of a [censored] to argue about it.

Hey, it's nothing personal, Gorg

And it might look like an agenda but I can assure you that it's not.  He's a good player who makes a few errors

But here on this site, you'd be thinking that he's a poor player with all the disparaging comments that are thrown his way

Delist? Dropped to the 2nds?  Trade?  It's all overeactionary nonsense

Are we not allowed to disagree on the worth of a player?  In my world I like to challenge opinions and like to be challenged in return

Don't you argue with your mates about footy? (or sport?)

Your initial comments provided a vehicle for me to give an overall assessment of Brayshaw's game

And that overall assessment means that he does a lot of good work (that barely gets mentioned)

You could have been anyone, so don't take it personally.  Ditto for DS

Right now, the crowd's view is lopsided on Brayshaw ... he does not get enough credit for all his good work

If we were talking about a player who barely gets the pill along with continually making errors, it's a different argument

But that is not Brayshaw

He has been copping a hard time from numerous posters ever since he came 3rd in the Brownlow ... and I've only recently joined in with a contrary view

So what's the big deal? ... god forbid that I'm prepared to support one of my own players

Edited by Macca

7 minutes ago, picket fence said:

WCW ,you truly are Amazing, you rightly deserve the honour of other initials added to your avatar! According the powers invested to me ye shall now be known as...

WCWLBL..

WALKING CIVIL WAR LUNCH BOX LEGEND

🤩

Uhm. Thanks… I think. 🤔 

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Macca said:

Right now, the heat is on Kozzie but we need him playing well if we're going to contend

A spell in the 2's might help but only to improve him (not punish) I'd move him up the ground in a high half forward role (first)

See if that helps as more touches can increase confidence.  Centre bounce stoppages as well?  Not all but maybe half of them ... with Oliver out and Petracca forward (periodically) we've got a chance to get a few players into the game

If we can get Kozzie getting 20 touches, that will help the team

JVR is another who may not be best suited for that isolated forward role (Brown is better suited) so we could put him at CHF in a roaming capacity (a la T-Mac)

So against the Lions I'd bring in JVR to play the aforementioned role and use Kozzie further up the ground. 

You can’t put Koz in the two’s, have to play through the middle so he can run off his opponent into space. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Roost it far said:

You can’t put Koz in the two’s, have to play through the middle so he can run off his opponent into space. 

When he went onto the ball last night he fumbled terribly and then I think his only kick was a Clanger straight to an opposition player

He just seems really flat and completely devoid of confidence and energy - no idea why he should be flying in theory now he has the contract monkey off his back

Mind you he isn’t alone we have a few that lack confidence atm it seems 

1 minute ago, Roost it far said:

I agree, we need to get Kozzie into the play and he is good enough to handle it

The trouble with giving him a spell is for how long?  Finals aren't far away and we need to get him into form

Ditto for JVR ... Brown knows how to play the deep forward role but JVR needs some space to run around in

Against the Blues we played him up the ground a bit and he looked impressive

It's an early call but he looks like a CHF type to me ... not in the traditional role (not yet anyway) but more in the T-Mac mode

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

When you get the job, make sure you carry extra hair product for when Fritta is back. Gotta get the hair looking top notch in finals 😂

Not sure it’s needed… have you seen how much he has in his hair as it is?! 😂

When he was briefly interviewed by ch. 7 last week he actually had no product in his hair whatsoever. As soon as it aired Pauline messaged me, “did you see Bayley’s hair? What the hell’s up with that?!” I said “I like it all fluffy and not so stiff.” She said, “I don’t, I barely recognised him!” And that’s his own mum. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

The banner was so great last night. It’s the one upside to Marvel. We get a really good look at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Not sure it’s needed… have you seen how much he has in his hair as it is?! 😂

When he was briefly interviewed by ch. 7 last week he actually had no product in his hair whatsoever. As soon as it aired Pauline messaged me, “did you see Bayley’s hair? What the hell’s up with that?!” I said “I like it all fluffy and not so stiff.” She said, “I don’t, I barely recognised him!” And that’s his own mum. 🤣

I watched that footage and my husband was like “wow he must be upset about his injury, he’s given up on his hair”. 
He is basically me when I’m having a bad week. The hair is the first to suffer 😂

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Mel Bourne said:

Would have loved to have been there, but I spent the night looking after my elderly mum after having a fall. 

I see this “point” being made often after games. It’s a thoughtless and entitled line of supposed-reasoning that needs to die in a ditch. 

Your criticisms aren’t more valid because you were fortunate enough to go to the game. Nor are you better-placed to assess the team’s performance, unless you watched the broadcast as well. 

Exactly. Lots of reasons why people can’t get to games (family commitments, work commitments, distance, health, lack of cash etc) but if we can’t all get on the internet and go off about footy then what is the internet even for?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

Exactly. Lots of reasons why people can’t get to games (family commitments, work commitments, distance, health, lack of cash etc) but if we can’t all get on the internet and go off about footy then what is the internet even for?

At the ground is way better in terms of picking up the levels of hunger for the victory.  Hard to define but it's a thing

But I don't reckon we miss much at all watching on the box ... we know the players run up and down the ground all game and we know about all the rotations

I reckon what can be missed are the 1 on 1's and the tagging roles.  But even at the ground it's difficult to pick up run-with roles or tagging roles

Forward line pressure is easily seen too (on the telly) ... or whether a forward is playing in front

• Thinking 1

34 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

I completely agree. 

BUT if posters come on here and openly criticise players, and question their intent, the least we can do is understand the context of that criticism.

1 hour ago, AmDamDemon said:

I just don't understand how we got the 4 pts when we lost so badly? And how the hell are we 4th on the ladder, given how RUBBISH we are? /s

Honestly though, it is the same posters as always flailing away in hyperbole, angst and doomsdaying that has made another thread unreadable. 

The infatuation with the pies adds a nice touch too

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, binman said:

The infatuation with the pies adds a nice touch too

BUT THEY NEVER LOSE*

*except in finals and when they play Melbourne 🙄

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Not sure I criticised Brayshaw this week but clearly hospital handballs don’t count as clangers.

Gus was so dangerous he was like a human eScooter out there early in the game, but overall played pretty well. And he certainly wasn’t the only one making errors. 

This is the problem with the DE stat. I could go at 100% DE, but every handball I do could put a player under pressure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmDamDemon said:

I just don't understand how we got the 4 pts when we lost so badly? And how the hell are we 4th on the ladder, given how RUBBISH we are? /s

Honestly though, it is the same posters as always flailing away in hyperbole, angst and doomsdaying that has made another thread unreadable. 

There's a lot of negativity here, but if you think Demonland is negative, the Facebook pages would make your brain melt.

The lack of intelligence and general footy IQ on those pages is laughable.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Will need to watch the replay but having read some of the comments on the thread I'm not sure we should equate St Kilda down three players = Melbourne were poor for not putting them away. Both sides had their issues to deal with, theirs on the night and us coming into the game with another makeshift forward combination and a less experienced midfield due to pushing Trac forward. It felt a bit like the Suns game where they were really hard at it throughout but we did just enough during the periods where we were in the ascendency to keep them at bay by being better in front of goal. 

I was really flat after last week but it helps just to look at how a game plays out in isolation rather than what it does or doesn't do for our premiership chances. We're already into the back half of the year and a long summer without any football is just over the horizon. 

Just over 9 weeks for us MFC fans rab. 

Edited by old dee

9 minutes ago, A F said:

There's a lot of negativity here, but if you think Demonland is negative, the Facebook pages would make your brain melt.

The lack of intelligence and general footy IQ on those pages is laughable.

I mean your first mistake was Facebook

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

[censored] I hate these sorts of posts. 

For starters, @fr_ap didn’t say they’d be happy if we don’t win the flag. 

It’s not “accepting mediocrity” to enjoy a H&A win even if there is room for improvement.

If all you do is sit there and derive joy from flags, you are going to be disappointed 99% of the time as an AFL supporter because flags are so hard to win. 

It’s perfectly reasonable to enjoy a H&A win, still want us to do better, still consider our overall goal is to win the flag, and still be disappointed if we don’t win the flag. 

I didn't say I wasn't happy to win. He asked what's the point if the only joy you get is from flags - I respondes by saying if you're not winning flags then what's the point? I was happy to win last night but watching us I still have concerns that we will push the best teams this year in September. I was happy to win but I'm not doing cartwheels over that game, there are degrees of enjoyment. If I could see we were on the way to a flag I would be far more satisfied but I see serious issues with the way we're playing which frustrate me as a supporter.

I'm not [censored] on anyone happy with the win, if they find joy in it then good for them. I'm just saying while good to win I'm tempering my expectations because we haven't shown that we can be good enough for long enough on many occasions in the last 18 months.

We're also getting closer to the pointy end, after the Suns game I was happy to get the 4 points and move on but now we need to start putting some good form together as well as banking points. Defensively we're pretty sound but our ball movement and forward craft still worries me.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

I watched that footage and my husband was like “wow he must be upset about his injury, he’s given up on his hair”. 
He is basically me when I’m having a bad week. The hair is the first to suffer 😂

I missed it any chance there’s a photo out there?

5 minutes ago, old dee said:

Just over 9 weeks for us MFC fans rab. 

Strap yourself in old dee. If our forward line clicks we're coming home like Australia II back in 1983. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Disgusting win.

Backline did some excellent defending but geez they have no idea how they want to move the ball. Credit to them for actually switching it a few times but no cohesive plan. And the panicking on contested loose balls is just embarrassing from all involved. 

With Tracc playing forward it was pretty much Viney and a VFL midfield and that includes both rucks. All our mids had a go but they just aren’t very good. Gus and JJ had some moments at least.

Forward line showed signs of life but Melksham still looks long odds to actually do anything more than a little cameo. Brown completely cooked after a half. Grundy’s a waste of a body down there and Gawn not much better.

Largely agree with this . Melksham kicked two great goals but that’s all, and history shows he is unlikely to repeat. At the end last week, Max was completely cooked, yet he and Grundy were on the field last night for a long time, filling in as the extra tall on forward line. And neither took a grab . Woewodin was just ok, but what is his role in the team? I think we must play Schache for a few games.  Let him ruck in the forward line, giving Max and Grundy to have shorter time on the ground and refresh . Josh is a lovely kick , if he gets a shot anywhere inside 50, he is likely to convert. And if not Josh, some other tall must play .